Mafia 4 day 2

• 207 Replies

Offline Budja

• View Profile
Re: Mafia 4 day 1
« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2009, 05:30:25 »
Isn't that a little hasty?

Victor's claim was bad and un-needed but voting for a claimed Investigator for a policy lynch is at silly to say the least.
FoS: Sabata, Data

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2009, 10:37:21 »
DO NOT lynch me. *points to mafia 2*I AM a investigator. AGAIN.
Why roleclaim victor? No, seriously, it isn't to an advantage for you regardless of whether you are town or not.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Razzorman

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2009, 10:40:55 »
Isn't that a little hasty?

Victor's claim was bad and un-needed but voting for a claimed Investigator for a policy lynch is at silly to say the least.
FoS: Sabata, Data
You have to admit that victors claim was weird, and you yourself has made somewhat of a campaign to vote instead of FOSing to put more pressure on people.
Isn't it a bit hypocritical of you to FOS someone for doing exactly that?

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2009, 12:39:20 »
Yes I do think the claim was a little strange and certainly not helpful but it is in line with victor's behaviour and lynching a claimed cop = bad. We can always lynch him later if we think he is lying (fakeclaiming seems a little unlikely for victor IMO). Killing him now is crazy.

FoSes are not bad. I am sorry if I have given that impression.
FoSes are bad when used instead of a vote like at the start of the game as it makes it hard to create pressure, but are fine for pointing out suspicious things IMO.

Offline Razzorman

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 07, 2009, 13:38:30 »
I see. I unvote then.

Shawnachu hasn't posted for a while now. Looking back at what he has said, it has always been a short comment agreeing with the majority of the town.
Last time I pointed this out, I also asked him what he thought about salmoneous who also was inactive at the time (he still is, to some degree). Shawnachu only snapped something about salmoneous being the inactive one, and he hasn't said anything since.
Suspicious? I think so.
I vote: Shawnachu, until he explains why he has been inactive. :)
Also, Shawnacu, who are you most suspicois of at the moment?

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2009, 14:00:12 »
You see but do you agree :P? What is your actual opinion of victor's claim?

Offline Razzorman

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 07, 2009, 14:55:23 »
I don't know what to think really. I mean, claiming that you are the investigator the first day is throughly stupid.
You can't prove it, it doesn't help anyone, and if the down doesn't lynch you in disbelief, the mafia will nightkill you.
The only way you can safely make that claim this early would be that you yourself is mafia, so I think it is a pretty suspicious thing to do.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2009, 19:42:19 »
Harumph.

Even if Victor is the investigator, will he be of any use (assuming he has the chance to be of use and isn't nightkilled asap)?

I definitely see the logic in not believing Victor. It is surely not crazy to lynch him.

Anyway, I think it is safe to say that Victor is very probably either the investigator or scum.

Assuming we lynch him:
- and he isn't the investigator (therefore probably is mafia): Great gain for town, we also gain great insight into the other mafia member
- and he is the investigator: Loss for town, but perhaps one which would happen either way, as Victor has already rendered himself useless. It is unlikely we will be able to garner information from him as he probably will be killed N1.

Assuming we don't lynch him:
- and he isn't the investigator (therefore probably is mafia): We have a serious issue, as the actions of the real investigator will be seriously hindered, while we are in a deluded state of pandering to mafia interest
- and he is the investigator: Perhaps the same effect as lynching an inactive townie as we probably won't be able to garner any information from him before he is nightkilled. So we will be sacrificing a more active townie today for nothing.

In the short term, it looks like it is in our interests to lynch Victor. And I would not oppose such a movement.
However, if we let Victor live, perhaps there is a more long-term gain. That of controlling the N1 kill? I can see only benefits from knowing who will be sacrificed. And if the mafia try something weird and don't kill Vic N1 we get information D2.
So there's that as well.

So it's a complex issue.
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2009, 20:42:31 »
Have I unvoted Salmoneous yet? unvote

I suppose with victor's investigator claim, he does become more votable.. FoS: victor12
Lurk more.

« Reply #144 on: August 07, 2009, 20:43:08 »
..I still haven't seen anyone who's actually very suspicious yet, though.
Lurk more.

Offline Shawnachu

• Contemplating
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 07, 2009, 21:29:05 »
Vote: victor12

« Reply #146 on: August 07, 2009, 22:18:22 »
Muahahahaha! All of a sudden, I am the mafia. Muahaha.

vote:victor12
Lurk more.

« Reply #147 on: August 07, 2009, 22:21:17 »
Yeah, ok. That was kind of stupid. Is it too late to unvote?
Lurk more.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2009, 23:49:03 »
Seeing that PP's vote was the hammer (or not?), the lynch should go through. Although some mods explicitly set rules to allow unvoting even after the lynching vote is placed, the default ruleset states to lynch Victor.
Unless of course I miscounted an PP didn't just hammer.
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline NESgamer190

• X-com's nightmare: Chryssalid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 08, 2009, 00:47:17 »
think there's a miscount, as his vote was only 6 of 7.
13 alive, 7 kills.
Unretired.
http://nesgamer7190.deviantart.com/ (My DeviantArt Account.  Behold my not too good artistics.)
  (Mafia 9 pie maniac)

I really have nothing going for me for creative signatures.