Mafia 4 day 2

• 207 Replies

Offline Sabata

• View Profile
    • Esper - A webcomic based on Espernet
Re: Mafia 4 day 1
« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2009, 23:47:29 »
Lunar_Tick unvoted; there's not enough to lynch Victor. 9_9

There's hardly any reason to point to Salmoneous. Just because he wants the day to end is no reason to blatantly accuse him of being a bandwagonning mafia member. For one thing, it has already been shown that Victor12 is not going to be helping us in the townies' cause, and he's just dead weight. For another thing, you're being way too quick in denouncing Salmoneous for voting against Victor12. Salmoneous has shown the same (or at least very similar) behavior in a past game of mafia, was lynched, and then shown to be on the side of the townies.

If anything, I'd say that you may be Mafia (or at least an anti-town role) because of these arguments you're making!
1.) There's already been, what, 6.5 pages of reasonable discussion? And the first day isn't even over yet!
2.) It's already been said many times, in previous mafia games and by other people that the first day can't generate much valuable evidence in weeding out the mafia. Secondly, that wasn't an overreaction. What do you call LimeLemon's posts, then? They're not bad enough to warrant a vote, while Salmoneous' slightly sarcastic and reasonably defensive post is?
3.) Your argument is horridly unrealistic here. That's no reason to be so sure of someone's alignment; he just wants to get the day over with and get to nighttime so that there might be more evidence. He's acted similarly in previous games of mafia, and I quote:

There is no proof of who is the mafia since no night actions has been done yet. I could say that I am the mafia but nobody would know that. So, its the first day, just randomly vote someone out. Even if I will get voted out.

Think, what would the mafia do in the voting time/day.

I'm going to unvote, not because your argument was successful but because there's now more people for me to be suspicious of, including you.
- Nifflas
:hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: - Chironex
:hiddenstar: - The Old Nifflas' Forum Community for my userbars
:hiddenstar: - Halflight
:hiddenstar: - BloxMaster
:hiddenstar: - Aquatic Liger

« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2009, 01:45:44 »
Yeah... now that I look at it maybe I was a little over the top with that last post... sorry, I still think he's pretty suspicious. I just kinda got caught up in the game. Heh heh. :oops:

« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2009, 01:50:53 »
Despite going ultra paranoid I did make some good points though that should be taken into consideration, like when I analyzed his post. I thought I did pretty good there. :oops:

« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2009, 02:10:07 »
Well, to draw attention away from victor, vote:Salmoneous based on previous reasoning.
Lurk more.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2009, 06:03:26 »
Victor is being useless. Meta shows that victor rarely comment on the game despite his role and the information he has. (See Mafia 2 where he was lynched with 2 guilties). He hasn't been either scummy or helpful at all.

Null, would be a reasonable policy lynch.

Salmoneous is also playing to meta. He is still sticking to the old way of quick lynching. May become more useful on future days.

Null.

I am a little more willing to vote for Victor but neither are actually scummy.

Quote from: Battlehawk
STOP DON'T VOTE FOR VICTOR!!
DAANG I WAS TO LATE!

These feel a bit forced to me.

As for voting him off to get rid of so called *dead weight* I'd like to call your attention to mafia 3 where Igiari was voted off for the same reason and regrets were voiced about it later.

The Igiari lynch wasn't that bad. Players who refuse to post and give us a chance to determine their alignment are certainly bad for the town. They should pick up their act or face a lynching.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 03, 2009, 10:38:26 »
Why are we looking so much at previous games? Even if some are acting similarly, it might be for completely different reasons.

True, Salmoneous is a bit suspicious if you speculate around what he did, but he is definitely not suspicious enough for a lynch. The same thing goes for shawnachu.
Victor, on the other hand has proved himself useless to the town, and he himself stated that he won't be playing the game much.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 03, 2009, 11:28:03 »
*thanks lunar for defence*
Yeeeah... Crossed telegraph poles maybe. The only reason I'm not voting Victor is because I don't want the day to end before all the questions are at least partly resolved.

On Battlehawk:
As for voting him off to get rid of so called *dead weight* I'd like to call your attention to mafia 3 where Igiari was voted off for the same reason and regrets were voiced about it later.
I didn't regret it.
Also, it isn't done to use previous games so much in one's argumentation. A paradigm shift or something.

Discussion is vital to the town in mafia.
Voting Victor at this point would hurt the discussion the least, wouldn't it?

Not only was that a gross overreaction [...]
I think this is one of those cases of the pot calling the kettle African-American.

This is, my friends, the final nail in [...] the hangmans noose.
Demagoguery.

Just to be clear, I somewhat believe Salmoneous could be scummy, but I definately think that Battlehawk's case is premature. Perhaps with a little questioning, or after N1.

I'm still FOSing Lunar because of his faliure to explain his previous outburst and more importantly some of his more recent comments which see a bit suspicious to me.
I'd like to hear what other comments I made you find suspicious.
Also a response to this would be appreciated.

On Purple Pineapple:
Well, to draw attention away from victor, vote:Salmoneous based on previous reasoning.
Why do you need to draw attention away from him?
This comes off as a very weird post.

Quote from: Purple Pinapple
FoS: LimeLemon
FoS*2: Salmoneous
This seems to suggest you found Salmoneous scummier than Limelemon  :huh:.
I was saying that as backup for previous cases against Salmoneous.
As backup for what now who?
I don't get this post. What do you mean you wanted to "backup" for previous cases?

On Budja:
Victor is being useless. [...]
The Igiari lynch wasn't that bad. [...]
Your post (#109) seems to support a Victor lynch, or at least a Victor lynch over a Salmoneous lynch. You curiously write that post displaying all the information on the subject but I have no clue on your actual position on it. :P
Clarify?
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 03, 2009, 14:05:11 »

My opinion of victor:
Quote from: Budja
Null, would be a reasonable policy lynch.

Probably a decent policy lynch for the day. I don't see him as scummy but he is certainly a dead weight, a lurker and hard to read.

Still, I am a little uncomfortable with a lynch yet as there still seems to be ground for conversation and people commenting on the game unlike when we lurker-lynched Igiari for very similar reasons.

So in short, decent lynch but not yet.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 03, 2009, 16:54:14 »
Oh ok nice.

« Reply #114 on: August 03, 2009, 23:07:49 »
On Purple Pineapple:
Why do you need to draw attention away from him?
This comes off as a very weird post.
Because I don't want a lynch just yet.
FoS: LimeLemon
FoS*2: Salmoneous
This seems to suggest you found Salmoneous scummier than Limelemon  :huh:.
I was saying that as backup for previous cases against Salmoneous.
As backup for what now who?
I don't get this post. What do you mean you wanted to "backup" for previous cases?
Admittedly, that was not very well phrased. I already said Salmoneous seemed scummy for a few reasons, and I was using that as backup for my point.
Lurk more.

Offline koromi

• ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
    • View Profile
    • livejournal
« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2009, 11:51:11 »
OMG, you can't understand i do many things now like watching LPs on youtube, making a game in game maker, making a KS level etc. so now i go inactive. *thanks lunar for defence* *opens KS editor*

so you'll just pop in here and there when your life is threatened?
that's hardly going to help the town find the mafia.

Offline victor12

• AKA victory man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2009, 15:11:27 »
iwill go in there when im bored OR when im looking for a KS/TME level.
*victorY12 wants his nickname on the forums changed.
*victorY12 is not dead, he's still hanging out on IRC.
Spoiler: this forum's visitors (click to show/hide)
NOTE:If you see it, a new flag will appear
Ask me anything.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2009, 16:23:35 »
On Salmoneous:
This is ridiculous.
I daren't ask what you find ridiculous.

To be blunt, I think you knew the fashion of the machinations of this game before you signed up. So, if you don't like it, either add something of use and clamour on, or don't and suck it up.

Humbug.

Think, what would the mafia do in the voting time/day.
...?
Salmoneous, please expand on this. What do the mafia do during the voting time/day? And how do you suggest we play the rest of the game?

On Purple Pineapple:
Because I don't want a lynch just yet.
Hold on there. I know I would be a hypocrite of massive proportions if I accused you of deviating from the standard average townie persona but I will.

Let us assume by this post you meant "I don't want a lynch of Victor just yet". I cannot fathom a situation where a townie would be so sure of another player's innocence to vote for another person (perhaps encouraging or hoping for a bandwagon*?) as a diversion, to save that player.

It is more likely you mean "I don't want any kind of lynch just yet" (which is what you actually say  X-P). The tactic you used to stop a lynch was just voting on some guy of whom a big demagoguery-style case was made! This can easily be interpreted as hopping on a bandwagon. You definitely were/are not campaigning for taking things slow. Instead of pointing out (as budja did a while back) that we're nearing a lynch and should be careful, you vote. This contradicts you?

This reason you give, I find it inadequate and suspicious.
FOS: Purple Pineapple.

Admittedly, that was not very well phrased. I already said Salmoneous seemed scummy for a few reasons, and I was using that as backup for my point.
Sorry, I don't follow. You were using "that" (what?) as "backup" (huh?) for "my point" (which one?)

Furthermore, I'd like Purple Pineapple to elaborate much more on why he voted Salmoneous, and why he didn't/doesn't support the Victor vote. A whole page of Battlehawk's opinions and Sabata's (and others') rebuttals and you barely comment?

On Sabata:
1.) There's already been, what, 6.5 pages of reasonable discussion? And the first day isn't even over yet!
6.5 pages isn't enough if we are not sure of our target. The mind set of sitting down to the discussion table as if it were a chore is very detrimental and usually brings the mentality of wanting to leave as soon as we've made our decision and as fast as possible.
One doesn't need to be active to play, but one needs to be active to win.

2.) It's already been said many times, in previous mafia games and by other people that the first day can't generate much valuable evidence in weeding out the mafia.
Yes it can. It is just very, very difficult to see it. The first day is the most valuable, one could say. It indirectly affects the rest of the course of the game and the actions during it are far from random.
Whoever we lynch, the behaviour of the mafia N1 and D2 (and by extension the rest of the game) necessarily hinge on D1 actions and lynch, so D1 is, albeit indirectly and invisibly, the most evidence generating day in the game.
D1 also gives us direct evidence, but of course we won't be able to spot it right now. If we stir things up now, we'll be able to look back to D1 when a player starts getting very suspicious indeedums, and see in the D1 posts incriminating evidence in his posts.

On Battlehawk:
I won't quote, but in Battlehawk's post #103, a lot of the argumentation is based on the tenet that Salmoneous is contradicting himself on various issues. In fact the sting "contradict" appears five times in his post.
However, I didn't really see the contradictions Salmon was making. He seems to hold a very clear, one sided and blatant position on the issues he mentions.
Battlehawk, do enlighten me by presenting Salmoneous' posts in which he defends two different and contradicting stances.

At Sabata, Purple Pineapple and Batlehawk:
I want your views on Battlehawk's post #103, Sabata's post #105, my posts on the matter of supporting or opposing a Salmoneous lynch and anything else that you'd like to comment on.

And finally:
so you'll just pop in here and there when your life is threatened?
that's hardly going to help the town find the mafia.
Indeed. However, I think we have a hot discussion going on, no need to lynch Victor yet.

Limelemon, Technogeek and Shawnachu also need to get it on.

Offline Lunar_Tick

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 04, 2009, 16:27:01 »
Rereading post #118, I come off as a patronising turd. I guess character seeps out whatever I try.  C)

Oh and, it looks like we can PM each other during the night. Let me say one thing: A townie shouldn't plot. Anything you wanna say about your machination to trap that nasty mafia will only get you lynched. Anything you wanna say about your opinions on all the players can be said in public.

So yes, I will publish all PMs sent to me during the night.