Problem with The Terrain Deviates

• 7 Replies

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
Problem with The Terrain Deviates
« on: July 23, 2009, 01:37:21 »
I'd really like to play The Terrain Deviates, but every time I try to open it, KS crashes. I've tried re-downloading and re-installing both the level and Knytt Stories... now I don't know what else I can try. Any ideas?

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with The Terrain Deviates
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 05:23:54 »
Yeah, that happened to me too, aparently pumkinbot put the codes for Custom Objects at the very first. i just deleted it (The codes, not the level  :P)and worked.
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 11:57:16 »
I think you have to um... not so sure here. But there should be a .zip and you should pack it up in the worlds map to play. And you must have the latest version of knytt stories.

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 17:20:06 »
Yeah, that happened to me too, aparently pumkinbot put the codes for Custom Objects at the very first. i just deleted it (The codes, not the level  :P)and worked.

But.... there aren't any custom objects in the entire level! (Or at least, there isn't a custom objects folder!) And according to Pumpkinbot (recently, via PM) this was made before there were custom objects... 

But you're right, there is indeed a number of custom object code clusters at the beginning of the world.ini. Strange.

Offline TechnoGeek

• My new project, Notroid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 23:22:52 »
I think you have to um... not so sure here. But there should be a .zip and you should pack it up in the worlds map to play. And you must have the latest version of knytt stories.
the problem is not with the packing/unpacking, but with the custom object blocks at the start of world.ini. I believe this was posted somewhere, but don't want to search right now.

just remove the CO blocks and it's fine. And the level is extremely awesome.
Spoiler: Technogeek's Signature (click to show/hide)

Offline victor12

• AKA victory man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 14:05:27 »
I got the same problem, but it works in KSA.
*victorY12 wants his nickname on the forums changed.
*victorY12 is not dead, he's still hanging out on IRC.
Spoiler: this forum's visitors (click to show/hide)
NOTE:If you see it, a new flag will appear
Ask me anything.

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 22:18:34 »
*Should* there be custom objects in TTD, btw? It seems logical to assume that that code block was intended to serve some purpose... I've deleted it now, and the level works, (the level does indeed looks awesome, btw), but I keep wondering if there are parts missing because of the custom objects thing.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 09:47:24 »
Wait, wut? Just saw this. Hmm...*checks own copy* lol. Guess what? I fail! :D There ARE custom objects in TTD. I'm attatching the CO folder. Just unzip this file, stick the contents of this in "knytt stories/worlds/Pumpkinbot - The Terrain Deviates/Custom Objects" and you're good to go.

Sorry about that. :oops:
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.