KS Tilesets made by Oft99 (FRESH UPLOADS as of September 2020!)

• 56 Replies

Offline Oft99

• Known elsewhere as "EgoNaut"
    • View Profile
Edit log:
  • 23/09/2020 - Revamped the whole first post with fresh uploads of all tilesets plus new ones.
  • 27/09/2020 - Made minor updates to the Ickle Forest tilesets
  • 29/09/2020 - Corrected graphical error in "White Meadows of Heaven" Version A

---

I can't believe I first started this thread back in 2009 and then never edited it beyond 2011. Those were my teenaged years! As I write this it is now September 2020, I'm in my late twenties, and my country is currently entering its second national lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic. With a bit of extra free time on my hands, I decided to dip back in to Knytt Stories and my old passion projects that lie therein. Out of curiosity I went to check up on this forum and what do I find? Chaos. All of the uploads of my old tilesets have decayed and disappeared. This will not do at all.

I figured it was a good enough time to just nuke the entire first post of this thread and start again...

So, uh ... hi. I'm Oft99, or at least that's my name here anyway. In any other online communities these days I'm now known as EgoNaut. Anyway: I make tilesets for Knytt Stories! ... and also levels, except none of my levels are available right now. See, in the ignorance of my youth I filled too many of my early levels with "banned" tilesets (such as the ones from A Strange Dream) so hence those uploads were rejected and taken down. Meanwhile, I had done multiple years of work on a large new level project which used original assets, but that project never reached a publishable state. The only material from that level which was ever released were its original tilesets which I uploaded here. The sample screenshots included with said tilesets were actually screenshots from my level! Maybe some day soon I might be able to release some playable version of the level on this forum? (But let's face it: probably not.)

I'm now going to provide a completely fresh set of uploads of all of my tilesets (and gradients). Many of these have been tweaked, reorganised and generally improved upon in the years since the last time any of you guys saw them. There are also some completely new ones you guys won't have seen before! Sample screenshots are provided for each.

---

All of the KS assets I've made should also be available in this Google Drive folder here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NN9pkvrMeAuyGmtH4y9wiFAj726HWDbv?usp=sharing

I'm happy for anyone to use, edit and remix any of my tilesets however they like. But no matter what you do with them, please just remember to credit me for them! Thanks.

White Meadows of Heaven

Desert Temple
Spoiler: Desert Temple (click to show/hide)

Dry Dunes (Previously named "Morkesigar")
Spoiler: Dry Dunes (click to show/hide)

Ickle Forest
Spoiler: Ickle Forest (click to show/hide)

Polluted Growth
Spoiler: Polluted Growth (click to show/hide)

Greenstone Halls
Spoiler: Greenstone Halls (click to show/hide)

"Gloomy" Set
Spoiler: "Gloomy" Set (click to show/hide)

Foggy Bog (Unfinished)
Spoiler: Foggy Bog (Unfinished) (click to show/hide)

Underground Metropolis
Spoiler: Underground Metropolis (click to show/hide)

Curling Bog
Spoiler: Curling Bog (click to show/hide)

---

P.S. Huge, massive thank you to the user the jack for posting uploads of my tilesets in this thread back in 2014 by which point the original uploads had already decayed. Thank you so much for keeping my work accessible for others! It means a lot to me.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 00:27:37 by Oft99 »
My tilesets (fresh uploads as of September 2020):
https://nifflas.lp1.nl/index.php?topic=1407.0

Offline Oft99

• View Profile
I've made another tileset which should appear in the first post in a sec.

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
Wow. I can't wait to use Morkesigar in the desert sections of my level! It looks great!

(Sadly it'll probably be months, at least, before I get to the desert sections. For now I'm stuck with rainy places and caves. *g*)

The second two tilesets are just as good as the first. Amazing work!
Lurk more.

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
These are well made, and my only real complaint is that the bricks in the desert tileset are much too bright.

Offline Oft99

• View Profile
These are well made, and my only real complaint is that the bricks in the desert tileset are much too bright.
I sort of agree, but I won't change it because that would mean changing the colour of everything on the entire tileset to adapt to it and that would take too long.

I'm working on another new tileset as we speak, by the way.

Offline Joozey

• It's a clockwork universe.
    • View Profile
These are neat!

Why is it called morkesigar?  :P2
No, seriously, the name sounds like it fits to the theme, and I want to know why it does so...
Gears grinding on maximum power, belts slipping to high speed.<br />In name of Her Majesty Victoria, FULL THRUST INTO ARMADA!

Offline Oft99

• View Profile
These are neat!

Why is it called morkesigar?  :P2
No, seriously, the name sounds like it fits to the theme, and I want to know why it does so...

Like I said, the connection is kind of long-winded, not to mention uninteresting. In a several months (or maybe a few years) time if I ever make a level using a certain idea that I have in my head, you may learn what that connection is. Right now, however, it simply doesn't matter so don't feel curious about it.

That new tileset that I am making that I mentioned above is now finished, I just want to test it a little more tommorow morning before I upload it here.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
You are officially on my list of awesome people. :shocked: I remember using that first one for TTD, though. ;)
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline Oft99

• View Profile
I've finally finished testing that new tileset, sorry it took so long.
I've put it in the first post. Note that the second of the two screenshots shown under it is a screenshot of a level I am making with it as we speak. The first version of this level should be available on this forum quite soon, I hope!

Looks nice. Very knyttish.
Lurk more.

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
Wow, these are Good! I like the bricks in desert temple, they don't seem too bright to me. It's too bad about your levels. :( Maybe you could make tilesets with a similar theme and the same layout to replace the ASD tilesets with?

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Teper

• View Profile
Great tilesets!

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
GRIPE: Why does everyone want to use the ASD tilesets or very similar tilesets?  You obviously aren't interested in making your own tilesets, so the original content argument does not apply; therefore you really should just use the default tilesets that are, on the whole, very similar.  Pretty much the only ASD tileset that couldn't be replaced in that fashion is the temple one.