About WaDF2

• 11 Replies

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
About WaDF2
« on: July 18, 2009, 00:05:40 »
Err... I have been talking to xtr1m, who worked on WaDF, and He mentione he was working on WaDF2. What is going on???????????
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
Re: About WaDF2
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 00:51:37 »
"Was working on" in the sense of "had worked on while it was active", or in the sense of "is actively working on right now"? The former is plausible, but the latter seems unlikely. WaDF2 is dead, and has been dead for a few years.

As far as I can tell, xtr1m's work on WaDF is limited to naming some (or all- the credits are vague) of the levels, and collaborating with LPChip on one track for the soundtrack. The credit (and everything else I've seen concerning WaDF) doesn't imply that xtr1m actually worked on the making of the game itself.

Perhaps he meant he had made some music intended for use in WaDF2, while it was active? (Although, all the music on the Niffpage intended for use in WaDF2 is Nifflas-composed.)

Or maybe Nifflas or someone else is secretly working on finishing WaDF2. But I don't think that's very likely at all.
good bye

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 01:24:23 »
I talked to him about this, and he's creating a WaDF like game from scratch using his own engine. He IS currently developing it. :)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 02:01:21 »
Ohhh! Sweeeeet! C)p
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.

Offline The stickman

• Lol wut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 23:50:04 »
Well, this could be awesmoe...

Or an epic failure.

My Stars::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:
The blood of the innocent will flow without end, it's Zorc - That's me! - it's Zorc and pals!

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 02:55:35 »
Well, this could be awesmoe...

Or an epic failure.

i disagree...kinda
personally i reckon that it would be absolutely awesmoe, doubly so if he releases the engine so we can make our own levels... (geez my spelling is awful today lol[/offtopic])

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 04:01:45 »
WaDF2 involves a lot of one-use stuff. Like the rotating magnet or practice end area.

Or things that require custom movement, like the flying evils from the underside of Factory.
Lurk more.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 09:08:54 »
9_9 your point being?.........

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 11:10:44 »
9_9 your point being?.........

He refers to the fact that a level editor would be a bit pointless, because those one-time thingies get bored after doing it... once? X)

The entire point of WaDF is that you have these puzzles. Unless you can create tools for new puzzles, there is not much use of having a level editor. For that reason, I think its best not to have a level editor, but an expension made by someone that can actually add good puzzles. Otherwise, it'll get flooded with many bad levels.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 15:49:09 »
I doubt that WaDF2 could be a failure considering the beta version, but what if there is a multiplayer. I have watched this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVa06ilrBeI and I don't know a lot about Knytt Online, but WaDF Online sounds great.  :P2

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 09:20:05 »
Knytt online was abandoned when Dynamite left the forum. :( I'm not sure WaDF2 online sounds that great either..
Lurk more.

Offline Zelakon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 03:11:09 »
Of what was made of this game, wasn't anyone else as incredibly impressed as I was with the last level i.e. utilizing all the ball types?  It blew me away; I wish Nifflas would've just perfected it, added some music and released it as a seperate mini-game for WaDF (like the nano pack for Knytt).  Alas, probably too late to be!