[(Very Descriptive) Tutorial - Easy] Both Warps, a tutorial for warps and flags

• 30 Replies

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
Just a tutorial level I made, seemed like a lot of people need help with this. There are only 12 unique screens, but all of them have 3 signs, and all kinds of warps. This covers, but is not limited to: multi-flag warping (returning to a room that changes more than once), shifting flags on, finding the number of a power for a flag, exactly what to type in the .ini file (excluding the room name...), standard warps, and I forgot to mention you can shift flags off, including powerups. Maybe I'll put that in the upcoming test... (to test yourself to see if  you can get it to work right). I also plan on making a shift explanation level, as well.
If you see any SGE's, void screens, etc. please let me know. If there is something I forgot to add concerning flags or normal warps, please let me know.

Here's the link.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 19:08:44 by Bored2death »
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline Ramara

• View Profile
 8)

Downloaded it and now am playing. As for the other words and lingo that you use...... :whoa: is all I can say......I am still trying to learn how to unzip files!!!  O_o  which has made me a little  :nuts: but, point in fact......I love Knytt.

<3...and all of you developers who create! Thank you.  8D

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
8)

Downloaded it and now am playing. As for the other words and lingo that you use...... :whoa: is all I can say......I am still trying to learn how to unzip files!!!  O_o  which has made me a little  :nuts: but, point in fact......I love Knytt.

<3...and all of you developers who create! Thank you.  8D

Well... Thank you

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
Great! Between this, and Razzorman's demonstration level, and Shawnachu's diagram, and studying your fixed version of my level I'm pretty sure I'll be able to figure this out... soonish. :-)

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
Hope it works for you!

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
Interesting use of the.... roof(?) tiles from the Ramoneur tileset by Nurykabe there! I've always wondered about that section of that particular tileset - what are people supposed to do with it, exactly? (Nurykabe's tilesets are often a bit mysterious, aren't they?)

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
Thank you! I really didn't have a clue as to what to do with them, so that's what I did!

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
Heh. I think I know what spurred the creation of this. X-P Pretty helpful!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 23:56:55 by Pick Yer Poison »

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile

Heh. I think I know what spurred the creation of this. X-P Pretty helpful!
Your thoughts for the spurring of the creation of this level are... not as accurate as you may think. I just felt like making a level that, hopefully, would help people figure out what they're doing wrong. Sometime later, a "fix the problem" level may come out, where you put these skills to the test to see if you can solve problems now, maybe with a little guidance, though.

Oh, and yes, some parts were addressed specifically with certain problems in mind.

Say, what do you all think of it? I'm curious if it's descriptive enough, etc...

Well, I know most about flags and whatnot anyway, so I won't bother downloading this. It is a nice gesture to the forum community, however.
Lurk more.

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
Well, I know most about flags and whatnot anyway, so I won't bother downloading this. It is a nice gesture to the forum community, however.
Well... erm... the level actually hasn't really been tested yet :oops:, so if you'd be willing to test it and see if it's missing anything or if there's any problems, I'd be really grateful...

Well, it's missing a bit on shifts, or perhaps common flag warp situations instead of warping randomly, but no actual bugs.
Lurk more.

Offline Bored2death

• View Profile
Right, the shifts section... will be coming a little bit later. Thanks, btw. And just fyi, upcoming will be a test level where there are problems and the player must fix them, and they can see if they do them correctly or not. That will be the more "common situations" kind of deal, along with more common mistakes. There will be guidance in that level, to. Then comes the shifts.

Offline inky84

• It's a Gem. Is it?
    • View Profile
hopefully this helps me with my RPG ^^

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
This will be very useful for testing KSDS. Thanks!  C)