Uses of the Balls

• 39 Replies

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
Re: Uses of the Balls
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2009, 12:20:59 »
I'm hoping it doesn't have too much motion control myself. That would ruin the experience for me at least.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2009, 13:31:45 »
I don't think any of you will be disappointed by the controls when you get to try them :)

The controls is one of the aspects of the game I'm really proud of!

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2009, 14:48:53 »
Well, control wise, I'm interested to see how you use other colors of the ball.

I mean, it's obvious that it's not like WaDF, where you could only use one ball at a time. So I'm curious if you are supposed to use the control pad on the Wiimote to use other balls. Kinda like switching guns in a first-person shooter X), or an even better example, how you could use other weapons with the C buttons in LoZ: Ocarina of Time, for the N64.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

Offline LimeLemon

• ¯\(°_o)/¯ i dunno lol
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2009, 18:25:12 »
I think that it was the same ball in the whole trailer.
It looks like it automatically gets brighter the faster you go, and has nothing to do with anything else.
And if you press a certain key, the ball gets red and more controlled/less bouncy, just like in WaDF.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backloggery (click to show/hide)

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2009, 19:36:18 »
(Disclaimer: If you want to read the post as I intend it to be read, your better off opening all the spoilers first...)

I think that it was the same ball in the whole trailer.
It looks like it automatically gets brighter the faster you go, and has nothing to do with anything else.
And if you press a certain key, the ball gets red and more controlled/less bouncy, just like in WaDF.

I also believe it was the same ball, only different cores/powers that can be used at any time.

For instance, the black ball here appears to be moving full speed while on the tubes.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Though it only gets so bright.
I believe this is it's top speed for I haven't seen the black ball traveling any faster then that.

Now sure, this could easily be combated with saying it goes faster if going down hill, etc.
but I have something that says otherwise.

There is a point where the ball goes from the fast paced, high speed, white-ish blue ball to pitch black.

Now where would it have got the speed in the first pace to move that fast? That little ledge isn't that wide, and there isn't any ramps for it to roll in on.

Now, it starts darkening even though it isn't slowing down,
In the picture below the ball has hit the chain, is isn't moving forward anymore, losing all momentum.

Now at the point where it lands it suddenly picks up a large amount of speed and turns white-ish blue again.

And it repeats this again. Completely stops, then turns white/blue and hauls balls.

It the white-ish blue was simply part of the ball moving faster, none of that would have been possible.
It stands obvious to me that the white-ish blue is actually a power that speeds the ball up, or gives the ball a faster acceleration and higher top speed.

Sorry for it's length, I got just a little carried away... lol
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2009, 20:16:38 »
No, I think it just turns that color when you press the button to move left/right. The reason it isn't fully glowing when it's on all those large balls is because it can't move, hardly.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2009, 22:04:36 »
No, I think it just turns that color when you press the button to move left/right. The reason it isn't fully glowing when it's on all those large balls is because it can't move, hardly.
Yes it can. In the trailer the ball is spinning while on those things.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2009, 22:55:10 »

It gets white-ish in the core like in the first picture when moving left or right.
It's the same color in that picture as it is when it moves normally right or left,
but when it gets that blue-ish color is travels really fast. It's obvious that it
doesn't just get that color when you max out it's speed because it can clearly
be seen that the ball can turn blue-ish and move faster without gaining speed.
The blue-ish color has some connection to it moving fast, or something you press
 to make it go faster. It looks obvious the what the normal speed for the ball is.

The think there has to be something that, like limelemon said, makes it go slower and more controlled, and I think there is something else that makes in go faster, with less ability to slow it.

Probably A for one, and B for the other.

- George Orwell

Offline Razor

• !
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2009, 10:54:51 »
I think guys you Took the uses of the balls From WADF2 (abandoned project) :huh:
Becaz the red ball sticks  :^^:

Offline Squeegy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2009, 16:56:08 »
Razor, maybe Nifflas is taking the uses of the balls of WaDF2? Game makers have a tendency to draw from their earlier projects. I know I do.

[mod]Removed completelly unrelated and offtopic part from this message[/mod]
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 17:50:07 by LPChip »

Invisible blocks are for sissies! Use natural formations dammit!