Minecraft

• 351 Replies

Offline TheDarkOne

• Darkness...
    • View Profile
    • Scratch Account
Re: Minecraft
« Reply #180 on: October 05, 2010, 00:41:17 »
I'm in the mountain time zone (Eastern Idaho)

Offline Wanderer

• He deserved it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 05, 2010, 01:17:20 »
East coast here baby!

Ya I wasn't seeing the recaptcha stuff either, and now the site's down for review. :P
"I wander to many places, but I quest to few."

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/CreepyThumb

I leave and come back, kinda like a ghost. Hmm...

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 05, 2010, 06:52:58 »
i swear my life is becoming corrupted :/
MCAdmin just gave up the ghost with the latest update, so im switching to Hey0's mod. There will be a LOT of new commands, and a lot of ones that no longer work (all the ! ones). Here is a list of the new commands:
Spoiler: long :P (click to show/hide)

I'll have this set up in a few hours
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline TheDarkOne

• Darkness...
    • View Profile
    • Scratch Account
« Reply #183 on: October 05, 2010, 17:25:26 »
I'm making a personal, non-port-forwarded server. Unfortunatly, when I try to get in, I just hang in the Void and have damage done to myself. Help?

Oh and deleting and re-downloading the minecraft_server.jar doesn't work either.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 05, 2010, 23:56:53 »
hmm....
Make sure that the server says 'preparing start region' when you start it up. By default it should generate a world calle 'world' in the same folder as the jar is. A good test is to rename that World5 and put it in your single-player save folder, and load it up to see if it works.
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.

Offline TheDarkOne

• Darkness...
    • View Profile
    • Scratch Account
« Reply #185 on: October 06, 2010, 02:21:33 »
It DOES say it's preparing it, but I don't get anything. I'll try the test you mentioned.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 06, 2010, 10:15:10 »
I will be away for 4 day, starting tomorrow. i cannot promise that the server will be up. Cross your fingers.

I'm sorry to put it like this, but:

Unless someone else can take over hosting the server before / on Wednesday 13 October, the server WILL be shut down. School calls  :sad:
If it comes to this, i will make available a zip containing the map, which can be played normally in single-player, and the cartograph captures.

If it makes it any easier, the server is now set up using Hey0's servermod 109, which isn't an EXE. the whole operation is run with .jars and .txts, so if you run linux, it should work.
If you would like to set up the server, i will PM you with a download, and (if neccesary) i am MORE than happy to help you out in setting it up / editing settings, etc.

Offline TheDarkOne

• Darkness...
    • View Profile
    • Scratch Account
« Reply #187 on: October 07, 2010, 20:20:58 »
Sigh...

I WOULD be able to, but my internet sucks. My dad'll upgrade it soon, but for now...  :(

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 08, 2010, 19:55:18 »
Replacement server will be ready soon. Only on daylight hours atm.

Not too laggy for me, but UK<-->Europe route is slow. UK<-->USA seems fine.

Since this server is now on the complete other side of the world, weird stuff might happen.
If it was laggy before, not so much now; if it was super-fast before, expect ragequits.

Map is as of 6th October, so work since then will be lost (soz)

If the game is too laggy, please don't stay TOO long. My poor little netbook can suffer from headsplosion, and me form wall-induced head injuries.

IP:92.15.101.188
Port:25565
Hours:2 AM~Midnight (unless I'm asleep before then) (22 hour uptime means that unless you are circling the globe at 1041 mph you will be awake for it)

EDIT: this thing is nao in mah siggy:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 10:28:00 by jimj316 »

Spoiler: RAEV TIEM! (click to show/hide)

Offline Wanderer

• He deserved it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 10, 2010, 00:01:37 »
* Wanderer applauds jimj's kindness and awesomeness

Now I REALLY need to make my mom by Minecraft,

btw I finally got myself to register on ACWL's forums, I am Latenight Trout for all of you who don't know X)
"I wander to many places, but I quest to few."

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/CreepyThumb

I leave and come back, kinda like a ghost. Hmm...

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 10, 2010, 01:34:10 »
WARNING:INCOMING WALL OF TEXT
---
Formal writing FTW!
---
Dear <potential player name> 's <mother/father/guardian> ,

It has probably come to your attention that your <son/daughter> has expressed interest in purchasing the game Minecraft. It is also probable that you, like so many parents before you, were unsettled by your <son/daughter>'s frantic description of the game;

"It's like Lego, only with zombies! also it's online so's there's lotsa people playing as well also dynamite and giant exploding green peni things OHMYGOODNESSIMUSTHAVETHISGAMEITSFTW!"

I am writing to you to tell you that such fears are understandable, but unfounded. One of your primary concerns about the game probably is the supposed level of violence; however, the only actual fighting (which is few and far between) is very tame, namely jabbing the enemy with your blocky appendage until they disappear in a puff of smoke. In addition, the game contains a feature (dubbed "peaceful mode") that disables all enemies entirely.

Another common problem is that of multiplayer mode; as we all know, anyone on the internet could be anyone. To combat this, most servers-or at least mine-are constantly monitored by the server operator*, and impose a strict ranking system to keep away nasties and uglies that wish to <abduct/murder/disturb/melt/dissolve/de-spine/potato-salad-ify> your <potential player's age> year old.

However, Minecraft is very addictive, so I would advise purchasing an IV unit and filling it with gravy.

In conclusion, Minecraft is a awesome game that you should defiantly purchase for your <son/daughter>'s entertainment, for the low price of just $10. It will almost certainly not damage your <son/daughter> beyond repair**, despite what you might assume.

Yours sincerely,
Jim Joyce, <position of authority>

*When I'm awake, not busy, not away, and not on fire
**Beyond Seven years of psychometric therapy, or Ten years of infirmary treatment

---
ARGH! I keep missing everyone on the server! Every time I look at the logs, I always see that the very last entry is "forget this, I'm leaving"! Why am I not told about these things?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 01:39:36 by jimj316 »

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 10, 2010, 06:39:06 »
Well, i just got back from holidays, and i think yukabacera deserves a full explanation of my decision to make Maulbane architect over him.

(Firstly i wold like to point out that setting a city on fire is generally frowned upon, normally you can get someone's attention via other means)

The main reasons i made Maulbane Architect are (and i was tossing between hm and Yuka):

*I Preferred his attitude. Sure, this is probably because i had more time talking to him (damn timezones), but that's just how it was.
*Again, timezones. And the fact that Maul is (more than slightly, seemingly) obsessed with MineCarft. When i looked at the logs, i noticed that he was online most of the time i was not. Therefore making him architect (which simply introduced some commands such as /kick) would mean that the server could be watched while i was asleep. Even when not on the public server listing, it's amazing the amount of griefers that you can get.
*Finally, I thought that Maulbane would be responsible with the new commands. No offense Yuka, but with your display of burning down Coventry, i kinda think i made the right decision there.

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 10, 2010, 09:02:34 »
Sorry about lag ACWL and Lizzaro, it hadn't occured to me that having 7 paused flash games in the background might slow the computer down  :oops:

fixed nao.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 10, 2010, 10:02:22 »
Sorry about lag ACWL and Lizzaro, it hadn't occured to me that having 7 paused flash games in the background might slow the computer down  :oops:

Ah, everyone does it XD
at one point i tried running the server and playing half-life 2 deathmatch at the same time. people couldn't even join the server :oops:

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #194 on: October 10, 2010, 16:40:47 »
If I'd asked you about his promotion, you'd probably just give me some stupid short speech like some kind of machine and brush me off.

Besides, you can't seriously think I wanted the rank just because of the ability to kick someone. (like, what?)

Let's just forget about those damn ranks anyway.

=|=

:hiddenstar: My only one.