Freelance Hacker Hacking Simulator

• 3 Replies

Offline Boxtop

• Feh.
    • View Profile
    • Boxtop's Website
Freelance Hacker Hacking Simulator
« on: March 02, 2009, 07:46:07 »
Hey guys. Just wanted to tell you all about a project I've been working on for the past couple days called Freelance Hacker, which is, as the name suggests, a hacking simulator inspired by Dark Signs Online. The game was originally console-based but I wanted to give it a UI.

To be honest, this was more of "let's see what I can do" type thing than a full game, though I may finish it. What I really want to do is finish my RPG that I've been putting off for years.

You can see a screenshot of the game here. I was actually surprised it turned out as decent as it did considering that I've never really used VB.Net that much before.

I might post a demo later on.

Anybody have any ideas on how I can go about generating missions? That's one of the things I'm clueless on.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 07:55:30 by Boxtop »
<insert witty signature here>

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Freelance Hacker Hacking Simulator
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 13:38:34 »
This looks like a preview rather than a Work In Progress to me, because you're not sure if you're going to finish it.

See the forum's description: Do you have something you made? Games, music, programs, etc... Post them here. (Previews are not allowed, WIP's are)

Can you confirm that this indeed is a WIP?
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 13:44:22 »
Cool. :3
grao!

Offline Boxtop

• Feh.
    • View Profile
    • Boxtop's Website
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 01:53:37 »
Can you confirm that this indeed is a WIP?

Well, what would you like me to show? I could show some more screenshots and post what I have.

I guess this could be a WIP, just that I've never really fleshed out the whole thing; just played it by ear.
<insert witty signature here>