About what happened

• 42 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: About what happened
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2009, 11:03:08 »
First I'd like to congrat and thank LpChip, Paula, J and all other people that worked to set up a whole new forum. I guess that was a lot of work, and I'm happy seing the forum back :D .

But I'm not convinced with the new KS Third party level reorganisation. I guess the Knytt Stories Level Previews section will soon become a mess, as it presumably is the equivalent to the old "Preview/Showcase" section. Also, what made the Niff forum so popular was the ability of posting your own levels on it. I  think that relegating this on knyttlevels.com, and as so making such a separation between Nifflas's work and people's work is a great mistake.

Most people won't understand why you have to go to 2 different websites, and this might discourage many.

Please understand one thing here... We didn't removed it from the forum because we don't want it here. We moved it to KnyttLevels.com with a new system, so it will actually become easy to search for levels and so. With a forum system I simply cannot add support for filters/rating/proper searching/grouping levels by member/etc.

It'll be for the best, really.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but everytime I quit Mozilla and like open it again and go here, I have to keep login in again, I should stay logged in.

I do have the "Always stayed logged in" button checked as well.  :P2

Clear your cookies, close your browser, reopen and try again. If something like this happens, then the cookie file somehow is locked and cannot be written in. Clearing your cookies will force it to be removed so it can be readded again.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2009, 21:55:20 »
i really like the small changes to the forum, but it sucks we lost all the old posts. these things happen, i suppose. i'm just glad it's back.

Offline Rixanu

• Don't turn out the lights...
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2009, 23:32:44 »
I really like the new tweaks to the forum. :) I'd just like to thank LPChip, Paula, and any others who helped to get the forum back up. It sounds like you guys (and girl) put a lot of work into it. I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but the Other Free Games board seems to also have been removed. I liked it, but I guess that's what indie game sites are for. :/

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2009, 09:58:12 »
Great. Nice work, waiting for new version of KS Archive

And I have one question, how to public tileset/custom object?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 10:08:01 by Comhon »

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2009, 12:02:14 »
That will also be on Knyttlevels.com.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2009, 09:54:30 »
Ok, and will be there something like on old forum ? - writing about level by level players, writing about level by level players, esc

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2009, 11:47:46 »
I think there will be a comments system. Not a 100% sure though. (about 98% :P)
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2009, 00:36:25 »
okay, since it seems that some of the less regular members kinda skipped noticing that the forum crashed and now are puzzled by their account not existing [anymore], I suppose it doesn't hurt to sticky this.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2009, 11:36:48 »
So here is because of what I could not login...
I thought, my account was deleted, owing to absent me un forum about 2 months.
Thanks for scattering my doubts.
just a human

Offline TechnoGeek

• My new project, Notroid
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2009, 21:12:30 »
it does say at the very top of the main page about this whole thing, with a link too...
Spoiler: Technogeek's Signature (click to show/hide)

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2009, 07:23:31 »
it does say at the very top of the main page about this whole thing, with a link too...

You must realize, old forum members aren't necessarily familiar with that bar, so they won't come to the forum with the mindset, "Huh, something isn't right, lets check that news bar that didn't exist previously..."

Not attempting to sound snobby if it comes off that way, I'm just simply stating that a few things have changed since the crossover.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2009, 08:51:24 »
The changes are big enough to notice that something changed. If people can't read, then I can't tell them anything, cus they won't read it anyway.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2009, 00:41:57 »
The changes are big enough to notice that something changed. If people can't read, then I can't tell them anything, cus they won't read it anyway.

Honestly... you would be amazed the things people can overlook. XD
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell