[Misc/Easy] The Deserted Rustyard

• 43 Replies

Offline Joozey

• It's a clockwork universe.
    • View Profile
Re: [Misc/Easy] The Deserted Rustyard
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2009, 10:13:45 »
Nonsense. If he dislikes, a warning first. A lawsuit costs a big pile of money, and the judge will most likely say: "Did you talk to the guy first, before throwing with sues?".
Gears grinding on maximum power, belts slipping to high speed.<br />In name of Her Majesty Victoria, FULL THRUST INTO ARMADA!

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2009, 13:46:44 »
Well sorry to disrupt this talk but
I Downloads the file
and then

ERROR:COULD NOT PACK FILE

What the hell does that mean... ive had other errors but not this one...anyone could care to explain cause this level looks great and i feel like im missing something  <_<

Thanks  :D

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2009, 14:46:37 »

It means what it means. 

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2009, 21:59:17 »
Okay, the eternally nice Matthew Annal has said that this level may stay (  C)p), but hasn't said whether the tilesets may be made public, so don't go using them just yet. I'll edit the first post as soon as he replies again.

If you want to see the whole image that made the avatar, it's at: http://www.redbubble.com/people/bligglenuber/art/2446578-2-dropsie-in-colour

Offline Terv

• The one, the only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2009, 22:50:36 »
This level was very interesting. I loved the custom sprites! Great job.
Trekking all the way...

Offline StaticRomantic

• it's coming to get you
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2009, 23:03:47 »
wow. terrific level. although it was hard to see what was going on sometimes, this was one of the most detailed and creative levels i've played. great use of COs.
some glitches, not sure if they've been reported yet:
Spoiler: glitches (click to show/hide)

great work.

Offline StaticRomantic

• it's coming to get you
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2009, 23:19:19 »
Well sorry to disrupt this talk but
I Downloads the file
and then

What the hell does that mean... ive had other errors but not this one...anyone could care to explain cause this level looks great and i feel like im missing something  <_<

Thanks  :D

wow Evil. lot of help.

SD, what OS and browser are you using, what are you using to unpack the files, and have you tried both download links? also, try googling the error message.

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2009, 01:11:52 »
Mmmmm I dunno Static.R  .. Evil's help sounds alot better...  XD
Thanks for the hints Stactic.R  :D
Im gonna try agian ...

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2009, 01:14:31 »
Nonsense. If he dislikes, a warning first. A lawsuit costs a big pile of money, and the judge will most likely say: "Did you talk to the guy first, before throwing with sues?".
Kidding.
Lurk more.

Offline Joozey

• It's a clockwork universe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2009, 10:09:16 »
To a tiny case like this? I'm not kiddin'.
And I told you the owner doesn't care :p. Else he would have given a full explanation, which he didn't.

EDIT: Oh right, sorry purple pineapple  :oops: I thought you were being sarcastic there.
You have my apologies  C)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 23:53:02 by Joozey »
Gears grinding on maximum power, belts slipping to high speed.<br />In name of Her Majesty Victoria, FULL THRUST INTO ARMADA!

Offline Klämrisk

• I can't even recall why I have this duck anymore..
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2009, 19:33:36 »
Thanks for uploading on MediaFire!

*downloads*

8)
Audial experimentations (Read: demos)
Crazy metal band I sing and play bass/electric guitar in

"Throwback" - a KS level in progress
I seem to recall starting a shift-animation frenzy and increased fascination in Juni's transparent body.

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2009, 01:51:52 »
Very nice. The machine is very scary; great custom objects all over!

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2009, 17:02:14 »
Thanks again guys, he hasn't replied about the public use of the tilesets, so I think it would be safe to assume that provided the use doesn't escalate to everyone in the whole world using them it should be alright. The email he sent me first just explained that he allowed the level as it wasn't to be extensively used by a large community, so I don't really see why it couldn't be used within that community. If he ever does email me again, then I'll inform you guys, but until then you can assume that they are all up for public.

Have fun using them (though it does take a while to make a full screen with all the layers - just a heads up, there are three different tiles with varying transparency, which you can overlay onto another square tile to make it appear to be background)

If you want to see the whole image that made the avatar, it's at: http://www.redbubble.com/people/bligglenuber/art/2446578-2-dropsie-in-colour

Offline TheSquashedOrange

• Nothing is bad or good, but thinking makes it so.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2009, 03:05:43 »
Nice level, I liked the tileset and CO's alot, and the music was strangely fitting. I did get a bit confused at the point where you had to press D to get the umbrella out despite the fact that you didn't have it (a flag or something I'm guessing?) yet, but it was still fun all the same. This level brings back memories of the third level from the very first ever Sonic game, similar idea.