How to use detect target object?

• 13 Replies

Offline Texasman

• U people go NUTS
    • View Profile
How to use detect target object?
« on: July 07, 2009, 18:46:41 »
I everyone!

I was making one of my worlds and I wanted to make a target detection very close to juni when she passed.

However my intuition isn't working properly and I don't seem to get it right. X-P

How do I use the detect target object?
<br />

Offline Teper

• View Profile
Re: How to use detect target object?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 19:19:31 »
There are 3 detect target objects in bank 0, one dark green, for a close secret passage, one dark red, for a close danger, and one light green, for when you are very close or in the secret passage. -With thye 2 first, juni will glow a little, with the last one she will glow brightly
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 21:46:30 by Teper »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 19:55:43 »
And in order to actually see it, you also need the detector powerup. :) (the same that makes juni glow red when near enemies)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 21:07:09 »
There are 3 detect target objects in bank 1, one dark green, for a close secret passage, one dark red, for a close danger, and one light green, for when you are very close or in the secret passage.

When near enemies you will glow red but in order to glow green you must add 'detect target' tiles that you can find in bank 0, object 27 and 28. But if you Juni to glow you must have the detector that can be found in bank 0 as object 8. That should be helpful enough.

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 04:05:12 »
When juni glows it makes me think shes a lightning bug

Offline Texasman

• U people go NUTS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 17:53:59 »
so the objects target detection are just for making Juni glow?

I thought they were for (for example) a trap detecting Juni and not the other way around.

how do I make an enemy attack on close range?
<br />

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 18:14:23 »
Enemies attack automatically, many of them when the player gets close. You could make use of shifts, but it would be a bit choppy and require a custom tileset.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline inky84

• It's a Gem. Is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 23:55:20 »
one idea I had for custom enemies was have a CO of the enemy moving a little, and when juni moves forward a little, hits a shift, moving the "kill" object, and replaying the animation of the enemy, but this time one block forward.

you could use this type of system yourself to create a new type of "enemy" that "detects" to your liking.

Offline Texasman

• U people go NUTS
    • View Profile
How to make custom objects
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 14:23:02 »
one idea I had for custom enemies was have a CO of the enemy moving a little, and when juni moves forward a little, hits a shift, moving the "kill" object, and replaying the animation of the enemy, but this time one block forward.

you could use this type of system yourself to create a new type of "enemy" that "detects" to your liking.

"killer" idea  inky84  C)p.

one more thing. if I want to create an custom object that moves such as an enemy how do I do it?

on photoshop or on other kind of picture software?
<br />

Offline Evil

• View Profile
Re: How to make custom objects
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 15:48:55 »

one more thing. if I want to create an custom object that moves such as an enemy how do I do it?

I know im not inky or anything, but if you want it to move, its in the image...
such as comhons cat: http://www.volny.cz/honstep/Knytt%20Stories/Custom%20Objects/browncat.png

I dont know how to explain it :P

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 18:28:31 »

Well, you could use the Gimp, or paint (but you'll need transparency), but you need to create a sprite sheet that's as big as the area the enemy will move around in, per sprite. There are other things on the forum you can check to learn how to do that. However, you cannot, currently, make an enemy that will kill you when you hit it, without a shift scene.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline Texasman

• U people go NUTS
    • View Profile
Re: How to make custom objects
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 21:51:09 »
thanks for the tips guys.

I know I'm not inky or anything, but if you want it to move, its in the image...
such as comhons cat: http://www.volny.cz/honstep/Knytt%20Stories/Custom%20Objects/browncat.png

I dint know how to explain it :P

About that. I have seen it before but I wasn't sure how it worked.

Is there any regalement space to separate the various frames of the object?

And by the way, does each frame correspond to a defined period of time?
and it feels like a loop right?
<br />

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 22:10:04 »
the specifications that an image has to meet to work as a custom object are explained in at least two topics that you should be able to find via the [search]. (-:
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline Texasman

• U people go NUTS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2009, 22:28:49 »
the specifications that an image has to meet to work as a custom object are explained in at least two topics that you should be able to find via the [search]. (-:

Thanks Miss Paula ;)
<br />