[Environmental] Falling Water

• 401 Replies

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
Re: [Environmental] Falling Water
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2009, 00:05:24 »
107 playable, non-repeating screens, and done. :-)

(Still needs some tweaking, so no beta version yet, but all the areas are finished now. Yay!)

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2009, 02:47:25 »
Yay :D

Btw, what sort of tweaking? Shift tweaking or screen tweaking? ..or bug tweaking?
Lurk more.

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2009, 18:05:48 »
Yay :D

Btw, what sort of tweaking? Shift tweaking or screen tweaking? ..or bug tweaking?

No bugs, no. I've played the whole level through several times and it seems to work fine. (And, for an inept player like me, who manages to fall into every damn waterhole she herself created(!), it offers some 20-30 minutes of playing time, yay!)

I still need to streamline the shift/warp situation you guys gave me advice for a while ago; and do some minor screen tweaking - choosing more appropriate sprites for a few screens, replacing some windows, that kind of thing.

Or, if it turns out the forum consensus is that I absolutely need Rickard Andersson's permission to make a window of his tileset transparent, and if I can't find a way to contact him, then I need to fundamentally restructure several screens. In that case it will be a little longer before I can send this off to you guys.

Offline BlackM.1

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2009, 20:32:36 »
Wow, I love that you are using one of my tilesets [2nd screen plants]
I am glad it being used in a level :)

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2009, 00:23:03 »
Wow, I love that you are using one of my tilesets [2nd screen plants]
I am glad it being used in a level :)

Well, they're great plants! I may actually use them again later, because I think they make a lot of sense as cave plants, and we're going to get to the caves underneath the city later...

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2009, 03:19:34 »
I sort-of-finished the beta version today! ('Sort of' because I already thought of something else I want to add in the final version. *g*)

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2009, 03:24:20 »
Well, if this "thing" in the final version doesn't appear in the beta version, then the betas are complete.
Lurk more.

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2009, 03:40:56 »
Well, if this "thing" in the final version doesn't appear in the beta version, then the betas are complete.

Errrm... I seem to be having my dumb day/night (see my post in Bored2Death's warp tutorial thread for more evidence of that *g*) - but I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean 'incomplete', perhaps? If so, then yes, in a way - but what I'm going to add is a very minor feature of one particular screen (the screen itself already exists, I'm just going to add a layer in parts), which is unlikely to affect the level at large. 99.8% of the level are perfectly testable now. And that last 0.2 percent I can test thoroughly myself, if necessary, before I release the public version. Or I can have you guys look it over in addition to that, which shouldn't take more than a minute. Anyway, doesn't seem like a reason to withhold the beta version now... I think.

Offline Didriking

• The King of Umbrellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2009, 11:58:40 »
Pssst... I think THAT'S what he was saying. X-P

This looks great so far, and I'm looking forward to playing it.
-place holder-

Offline Yonowaaru

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2009, 11:42:18 »
I'm really sorry, but I can't Beta-test anymore, because I can't access my own PC.
So someone may take over my place for the time being..

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2009, 22:58:09 »
I'm really sorry, but I can't Beta-test anymore, because I can't access my own PC.

Is this a permanent thing? Because if it's temporary, I don't mind waiting until you could do it again. I'm in no particular hurry with this - I have things like music etc. still to ponder, anyway.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2009, 23:07:22 »
Is this a permanent thing? Because if it's temporary, I don't mind waiting until you could do it again. I'm in no particular hurry with this - I have things like music etc. still to ponder, anyway.
If it is a permanent thing, I'd be glad to take over Yonowaaru's slot from him. This level looks great. If there's anything I could help out with, drop me a PM.

As for the music, I have 3 sites that I peruse when I need royalty-free music:
Kevin MacLeod
Audionautix
Newgrounds Audio Portal
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 23:13:21 by Pick Yer Poison »

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2009, 23:08:17 »
It doesn't just look great... it is great!
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2009, 01:03:14 »
It doesn't just look great... it is great!

Thank you! 

And, @ Pick Yer Poison: you're welcome to beta, whether Yonowaaru will get around to it as well or not. As this is my first 'real' level (beyond the simple island hopping of Jumping In the Rain) I think it can't hurt to have it tested quite thoroughly!

Offline Yonowaaru

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2009, 21:15:17 »
It was temporary, got my computer fixed, but alas, my sound card isn't working right, so, if you have custom music, none of it will reach my ears...