[Environmental] Falling Water

• 401 Replies

Offline oskop

• View Profile
Re: [Environmental] Falling Water
« Reply #270 on: December 07, 2010, 11:11:07 »
I feel kind of bad for being exposed to so many screenshots just because I think it'll cut from the surprise in playing, so I'll try and avoid this thread, but I have to say you're doing some really really lovely stuff, and I loved playing through the first part that was posted (was it a beta?, I can't remember). Please don't let this be another great story that just disappear (like so many other out here...)!

Offline oskop

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 21, 2010, 05:26:56 »
Is this no longer in  motion?

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 09, 2011, 21:52:42 »
Not dead. Overwhelmed with RL.

And don't worry: I'd post the unfinished thing, rather than let it lie around on my hard drive unseen, should I ever decide to give up on this.

But I won't give up, so that's entirely hypothetical. ;-)

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 20, 2011, 22:57:34 »
Short RL update: life's been crazy - after more than a year and a half of unemployment I've been offered two jobs at once. I've taken the more attractive one, which involves teaching university, among other scary things. It also involves relocating to a different city in pretty short order. Oh, and I'll be doing a PhD.

I greatly doubt that I'll have the time, or the peace of mind, to concentrate on knytting anytime in the next three or four months. After that, I kind of hope my life will settle down in a new kind of routine... which will hopefully involve some knytting again. Falling Water isn't dead.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #274 on: February 20, 2011, 23:07:07 »
Congratulations on RL. I will continue waiting patiently.

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 21, 2011, 13:46:53 »
That's not good enough Hmpf! Unemployment breeds creativitiy, it's not like you need money!

:P2 In all seriousness, I wish you all the best in your new job.
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #276 on: February 23, 2011, 13:18:41 »
Congrats on the RL achievements.  RL cannot be denied.  It's hungry.  Knytting is a creative flow of the soul that can be blocked for a time, but I know you'll be back when the damn bursts.

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 23, 2011, 13:54:50 »
Congratulations! It sounds pretty daunting but hopefully you'll find it really satisfying once you get over the nerves. Teaching is hugely rewarding, especially when you're dealing with students who are learning of their own choice. I hope the move isn't too stressful and you enjoy your doctorate. Would you mind if I asked what the broad subject of your thesis will be?

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 24, 2011, 16:28:13 »
Just remembered I had an account on these forums...seems I've missed a lot. Congrats on the job.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #279 on: February 27, 2011, 23:13:12 »
Great to hear you're doing OK! Good luck with the job and the thesis!

Offline Yonowaaru

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 10, 2011, 15:20:47 »
So.. What ever happened to this? I remember fondly the memories of playing this, back when I was just some kid playing random video games and trying to help you out by beta-testing. A few days ago, I just randomly started working on a KS level again.. and found this once more..

I really hope you'd let me play whatever you've finished of this level, if you're not planning on finishing.
If you are, all the luck to you!

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 12, 2011, 19:31:09 »
Hey there Yonowaaru! Nice to see someone's still interested... :-)

I said I'd post the unfinished level if I decided to give up on it, but I'm unlikely to give up on it, and I stand by that statement - both parts of it. In fact, now that I'm sort of settled into my new flat, and totally consumed by work (and completely traumatised by teaching - seriously, I suck. so. bad. at teaching, it's not even funny.) - I miss Juni and her worlds like crazy. Sadly, I can't even play other people's levels at the moment, as my proper computer died just after the move (just a coincidence, not a causal connection, I think), and the laptop I'm currently using is kind of too annoying to try to play anything on. Also, well, work is eating me alive, so there isn't really much leisure time.

I hope hope hope things will settle down some, sometime. I miss being creative - haven't been able to write, knytt, or make jewellery in *months* now. I'm getting all antsy without a creative outlet!

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 15, 2011, 14:24:52 »
Two new screens! Yay!

Hopefully more soon.

Offline rainulous

• I never picked up the key.
    • View Profile
    • Hartje Music
« Reply #283 on: July 15, 2011, 15:05:36 »
[excited] This isn't dead?!?!?! [/excited]
I've been waiting for this since I played the first part... then never heard of it again. Glad to hear it's still being worked on.
Thanks for the stars, everyone!

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 17, 2011, 18:50:34 »
Six more screens since last post.