[Challenge/Hard] [Small] Fire and Brimstone

• 10 Replies

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
[Challenge/Hard] [Small] Fire and Brimstone
« on: January 26, 2010, 22:58:36 »
This here is a little challenge level. It's not as polished as Moonlight or Pestilence, I'm afraid, because I'm kind of losing interest in making KS levels, and so I couldn't be bothered to fix all the background-foreground layer problems, or work on, well, stuff. As long as the challenges work, eh. Anyway, here it is:

http://www.jashiin.com/miscellany/Yohji%20-%20Fire%20and%20Brimstone.knytt.bin

It kind of uses the visual style I used in Moonlight and Pestilence, so if you didn't like those (I know some people really didn't), maybe you shouldn't play this. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, here are two screenshots. The game is taking place on floating islands, one of the screens shows the top of an island, and the other the bottom.

(Oh, the plot: Juni is dreaming, and in her dreams there's a tall black tower with a mysterious light.)

Offline theiza27

• 'allo!
    • View Profile
Re: [Challenge/Hard] [Small] Fire and Brimstone
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 23:08:38 »
u kno i very much like your level styling so it sucks to hear that you're losing interest :(

but anywho... just downloaded... and started... and i kno ur not worried about small details lolz... so i'll take back what i was gonna criticize :) and now this is just a useless post hahahah crap...

i'll be back when i finish it :)

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 23:20:08 »
u kno i very much like your level styling so it sucks to hear that you're losing interest :(

I know, thanks for the support :) Maybe the lack of interest is a temporary thing. I still have a few levels I want to make, just not feeling like working on them at the moment.

Offline special_d

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 05:35:02 »
...after I get the purple key and get through the lock, I can't go anywhere... it's all blocked off by spikes...

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 10:47:31 »
...after I get the purple key and get through the lock, I can't go anywhere... it's all blocked off by spikes...

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

A bit more detailed:
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

UPD: fixed the second spoiler  O_o
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 11:04:31 by yohji »

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 20:56:40 »
The links broken. :(

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 21:14:52 »

Just checked and it was working... maybe some minor server problem. Here's a sendspace link in case it happens again:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1dnopv

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 22:12:59 »
Nice level. It was a bit difficult figuring how to escape the purple key save, but fun nonetheless. I like the cutscenes.
Lurk more.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 23:01:43 »
Nice level. It was a bit difficult figuring how to escape the purple key save, but fun nonetheless. I like the cutscenes.

Thanks! I've never made a proper challenge level before, I tried to balance things by progressing from easy challenges to harder ones, the umbrella and the purple key being the hardest. Good to see the purple key thing worked!  :)

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 01:37:23 »

Just checked and it was working... maybe some minor server problem. Here's a sendspace link in case it happens again:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1dnopv

Thanks, I'll go download it now.

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 01:40:07 »
Thanks! I've never made a proper challenge level before, I tried to balance things by progressing from easy challenges to harder ones, the umbrella and the purple key being the hardest. Good to see the purple key thing worked!  :)
The purple key challenge was pretty easy, maybe hard. The umbrella was more like very hard, but I think purple key was still the second hardest.
Lurk more.