Any clue how much longer we have to wait?

• 56 Replies

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
Re: Any clue how much longer we have to wait?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 00:40:03 »
Even though I also can't stand that guy, I must make the moderator job which is to ask you to stop posting about the decision Nicalis made. Two topics were already closed and Nifflas already cleared everything up. Please keep the discussion related to the release date.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 16:48:04 »
Quote from: interview
Will Night Game see a release before Cave Story? Nintendo noticeably left Cave Story out of its recent list of upcoming spring releases.

TR: No, Night Game is due to be complete after Cave Story. Cave Story is pretty close to complete and we're shooting to wrap up it up really soon, in April. Night Game to follow later in the summer.
Interesting.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009, 21:12:09 »
And I guess that answers my question  :)

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 06:12:24 »
(Incidentally, the interviewer also asks why and when the decision to make NG Wii-exclusive was made. And the question is... dodged, quite simply. :S)
<_<
<_< <_< <_<
Even though Tyrone didn't give an answer, I'm not the person who can reveal the nature of any Nicalis motives or deals, so I could only really speak for myself in the interview, so what I said is all I can say!

Offline Gaeel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 12:08:49 »
Even though Tyrone didn't give an answer, I'm not the person who can reveal the nature of any Nicalis motives or deals, so I could only really speak for myself in the interview, so what I said is all I can say!

Don't sweat, your answer was the developer viewpoint, and we agree. And unless you're lying through your teeth (which I honestly doubt) it looks like you wanted the PC build as much as we did.

Tyrone tried to justify his point with a cop-out argument (It doesn't matter how long you've been in dealing with Nintendo, the game was originally developed for PC, why change that?) and then copped out of the question entirely.

I think that's what's grating everyone's cheese at the moment, is that the people who made a decision that seems odd to those who were waiting for the game aren't explaining their decision.

I think at this point we'd be happy if Tyrone just said something like : "Nintendo gave us a better offer if we made the game a Wii-exclusive, so we decided to scrap the PC version so we could capitalize on the project faster."
Right now the explanation is that Nintedo have been waiting for the game for a while, so to be fair, it's a Wii-exclusive, but if how long you've been waiting is the factor, then if anything the game should be PC-exclusive. But I think we're beyond this now... We just want to know what happened.
Code: [Select]
<Gaeel> I love you Dataflashsabot!
<Dataflashsabot> I love you too Gaeel!
<Gaeel> Wait are we really having this conversation?
<Dataflashsabot> I think we might be a figment of Gaeel's twisted imagination...

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 22:43:20 »
I thought only one person was doing the music for NG but I Heart Lung was said to be making music. can any light be shed on this?
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2009, 22:55:25 »
I thought only one person was doing the music for NG but I Heart Lung was said to be making music. can any light be shed on this?

Chris Schlarb made the music for Night Game. Chris Schlarb is half of I Heart Lung. The other half of I Heart Lung (Tom Steck) may have played on some of the soundtrack, but the soundtrack is not an I Heart Lung project.
good bye

Offline Dynamite

• Stuck in a coloured spectrum
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2009, 21:45:08 »
In that interview, Tyrone says it will come after CaveStory is released. Then he said CaveStory will be out sometime in April.

Offline Dynamite

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2009, 12:11:15 »
Will this game be released in the same time in every country? Like, when a movie is finished it takes a few months for it to be showing in the cinemas here in Australia.

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2009, 14:57:09 »
Will this game be released in the same time in every country? Like, when a movie is finished it takes a few months for it to be showing in the cinemas here in Australia.
Or like some Nintendo games are released in Japan a few months before they're released in North America. :U
grao!

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2009, 15:53:06 »
hopefully U.S will be first...

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2009, 15:55:26 »
Or like some Nintendo games are released in Japan a few months before they're released in North America. :U

Usually Japan gets Nintendo games first. But- it took two months after the North American release for World of Goo to be released on WiiWare for it to be released in Europe, and it still hasn't been released on Wii in Japan. Country of development might have something to do with this: 2D Boy is based in San Francisco. Nicalis is based in Santa Ana, California, so something similar might happen with NG. (If it was released for download online, it'd be released the same time everywhere, as with WoG.)
good bye

Offline Dynamite

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2009, 23:26:35 »
That sucks...Since Australia is one of the last country's to receive all the good stuff then I'll have to wait extra long ;___;

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2009, 01:24:51 »
How much wii points does it cost/

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2009, 01:35:19 »
prolly 1000 :)