Houston...We have a problem... We've lost connection with EarthBound015...

• 18 Replies

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
Anyone try sending him a pm lately? Maybe there's something horribly wrong on my end, but as far as the forum itself is concerned ... he doesn't exist... despite his account still being there.

Any particular reason why?

EDIT: Here is a screenshot of what I'm seeing, just for reference...

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 00:45:29 by JC Grim the 'crete reaper »
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
I really can't think of any explanation for this, other than maybe he deleted his account but the deletion hasn't been approved yet.
good bye

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
I really can't think of any explanation for this, other than maybe he deleted his account but the deletion hasn't been approved yet.

I thought this too, but there was no mention of it, and why would he do it?
I know SPRUNKELDUNKEL aggravated him, but he made no mention of leaving.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

(offtopic)cool firefox theme!:D(offtopic)

anyways this is really strange... how can your deletion not be approved?

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
On the old forum, several people deleted their accounts and then made new ones afterward- deleting the first account obviously being done on impulse. Thus, deletions must now be approved.

Also: deleting your account is really stupid, even if you plan to leave forever. (Or "leave forever", which is considerably different and more common.) It makes it impossible to tell anything about a poster since they have no profile anymore.
good bye

The only reason I can think of for needing account deletion is that the FBI's after you.
Lurk more.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
The reason is this: Account is awaiting approval for deletion

He obvious has seen enough of the forum, which the topic Meh... clearly points out.

Sometimes its just your time to go. I'm not going to approve his deletion though, simply because by approving it, it removes all his stats, and turns his posts into guests, and I think that looks very stupid.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline TechnoGeek

• My new project, Notroid
    • View Profile
Sometimes its just your time to go. I'm not going to approve his deletion though, simply because by approving it, it removes all his stats, and turns his posts into guests, and I think that looks very stupid.
So that's why almost everyone on the old forum is a guest!
Spoiler: Technogeek's Signature (click to show/hide)

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
So that's why almost everyone on the old forum is a guest!

No. The reason why almost everyone on the old forum is a guest is due to some weird forumcrash. If it wasn't that bad, we would simply have continued there and not needed to restart things. Alot of users got deleted for some really weird reason. Some posts too actually.

But even worse, a new user registering on that forum caused problems where these users suddenly got control of other people's posts. I simply couldn't fix that problem, so I closed it down and we have this forum.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
I've got a question. When I tried to send a message (specifically, one to BloxMaster) a few minutes ago, the same thing happens. I've noticed that when I try to send the message, it changes the text in the "To" field from BloxMaster to "bloxmaster" and reports being unable to find the user 'bloxmaster'. (All punctuation was shown exactly as I said it.) Could the problem be that the capitalization is being changed? :huh:

Offline Shawnachu

• Contemplating
    • View Profile
Both Earthbound015 and Bloxmaster were kinda pissed off at the "Meh" topic. Coincidence...?

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
Both Earthbound015 and Bloxmaster were kinda pissed off at the "Meh" topic. Coincidence...?
That's true...interestingly enough, both there accounts say that they were last active on the same day. I'm not trying to accuse the moderators of banning them or anything, I'm just saying that Dandelion might be right, and maybe they decided to quit together or something. :huh:

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
Quitting over something so small would be astoundingly petty.
good bye

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
It would, but it happens.

Seriously, its their decision to press the "I want to delete my account" button.

I can assure you, we haven't banned them, or I would've openly said. Banning really is a last resort, and usually its temporary too.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline Evil

• View Profile
Would it be ok to delete your old account. And make a new one?