Nifflas' Simulator

• 30 Replies
Re: Nifflas' Simulator
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2009, 22:11:50 »
Is WaDF just going to be Pinewood Heights?
Lurk more.

Offline victor12

• AKA victory man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 22:18:19 »
oh my god
this is awesome <3
*victorY12 wants his nickname on the forums changed.
*victorY12 is not dead, he's still hanging out on IRC.
Spoiler: this forum's visitors (click to show/hide)
NOTE:If you see it, a new flag will appear
Ask me anything.

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 22:19:26 »
Is WaDF just going to be Pinewood Heights?
I made the level a while ago but next time I add to the level I'm going to check if the default tilesets includes the tiles from the second level. If you want to see the level I'm talking about then go to the old forum (to do this go the the forum's homepage in the "nifflas.ni2.se/forum" to change the "/forum" to "/forum2" and look for greenblobo2's level called within a deep forest. (use the search option)
[achvmnt]VkVSMDIAAAAAAACBgIAAAAAAAAAA[/achvmnt]

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 06:20:22 »
if you press up while walking right from the first screen you enter a wallswim

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 07:02:09 »
I'm now in the middle of making a "Roll" level and editing the already completed WaDF. Anyone got any other Nifflas' game suggestions? Speak now or hold your peace cause this is going to take awhile and I can only work on 2-3 at a time.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 07:17:57 »
Just look on the front page. :P The Turtle Philosopher, plus #ModArchive Story and #Operator Status.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 09:20:26 »
Please notice, that the Knytt Stories Level Preview forum is not for beta levels. You can show images and tell about your level, but not post a playable level. Although I could see how this would be a preview, and not a beta, there are people who can't see the difference, so I cannot allow the link.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline LightningEagle

• Who's the wacko, you say?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 09:44:39 »
I already have the first level of With a Deep Forest completed, it's almost a perfect replica. The level is on the old forum and in my next release I will add it to Nifflas' Simulator, and yes I will probably make a version of the original Knytt, perhaps a a couple of identicle screens, and maybe the original music. I'll also try to work on Mod Archive story if I get the time.
I might have gotten this wrong, but wasn't it stated somewhere that Nifflas didn't want us to use music from his games?
Or was that just from the levels in the official expansions?

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 17:25:02 »
I already have the first level of With a Deep Forest completed, it's almost a perfect replica. The level is on the old forum and in my next release I will add it to Nifflas' Simulator, and yes I will probably make a version of the original Knytt, perhaps a a couple of identicle screens, and maybe the original music. I'll also try to work on Mod Archive story if I get the time.
I might have gotten this wrong, but wasn't it stated somewhere that Nifflas didn't want us to use music from his games?
Or was that just from the levels in the official expansions?

I don't know but before I use any of his music I'm going to ask for his opinion.

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 17:27:30 »
Please notice, that the Knytt Stories Level Preview forum is not for beta levels. You can show images and tell about your level, but not post a playable level. Although I could see how this would be a preview, and not a beta, there are people who can't see the difference, so I cannot allow the link.

Sorry, I did think of that but since most betas are almost completed levels with bugs I didn't think it was the same. Anyhow, I'm removing it now. Is there a place on the forums where I can put beta levels then? I know I can use knyttlevels.com but I mean like a forum. Sorry I new to the new forum (I haven't logged on before this week since like 5 months) Can I at least say something like "It's on Knyttlevels.com if you want to try"? Thanks
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 17:49:51 by greenblobo9 »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2009, 18:04:19 »

Sorry, I did think of that but since most betas are almost completed levels with bugs I didn't think it was the same. Anyhow, I'm removing it now. Is there a place on the forums where I can put beta levels then? I know I can use knyttlevels.com but I mean like a forum. Sorry I new to the new forum (I haven't logged on before this week since like 5 months) Can I at least say something like "It's on Knyttlevels.com if you want to try"? Thanks

Yes, you can host it on knyttlevels and reference that its stored there.

I'll explain the entire reason for not allowing to post a beta of your level in this forum. In the past we had a forum for levels, and people uploaded their beta and linked to it. Then they had a newer version and made a new topic for that newer version and things started to get overcrowded. The new archive will have a feature to get versions for one level so things are organised.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009, 20:40:30 »
OK anyone who's interested, I remade (again) the entire enterface. It is now up on knyttlevels.com It's called "Nifflas' Simulator Beta 1." In order to unlock each of Nifflas' games, you need to find the key in the level.

The new version now includes:
Withing a Deep Forest (needs music)
Geoffry the Fly (needs music)
Roll (20% completed, needs music)
And a whole new interface which I kind of like.

P.S.
In the menu DON'T go down at the bottom or you'll keep falling (This will be fixed very soon I just forgot to change it this time around)

Hope you enjoy ;)

Offline victor12

• AKA victory man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2009, 23:11:48 »
i <3 you
This will be my favourite level
*victorY12 wants his nickname on the forums changed.
*victorY12 is not dead, he's still hanging out on IRC.
Spoiler: this forum's visitors (click to show/hide)
NOTE:If you see it, a new flag will appear
Ask me anything.

Offline RunMan

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2009, 23:57:19 »
Cool idea C)

btw, why do you make as to look around knyttlevels, instead of giving us a link?

Some ideas:

• Animate water in GTF.
  • Change WaDF world. It's so boring now.
  • Make shifts on the point platforms on roll. It would be great, if you will be able to activate them.  Ask Nifflas, if you can use music, but I think he will allow you, to use them.
  • Add games' music (same, ask Nifflas)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 00:03:57 by RunMan »

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2009, 20:07:11 »
Cool idea C)

btw, why do you make as to look around knyttlevels, instead of giving us a link?

Some ideas:

• Animate water in GTF.
  • Change WaDF world. It's so boring now.
  • Make shifts on the point platforms on roll. It would be great, if you will be able to activate them.  Ask Nifflas, if you can use music, but I think he will allow you, to use them.
  • Add games' music (same, ask Nifflas)

Because it's against the rules of level previews. Sorry for the late response, I just got back from vacation so starting tomorow or the next day I will continue this project.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 21:53:51 by greenblobo9 »