Nifflas' Simulator

• 30 Replies
Nifflas' Simulator
« on: June 24, 2009, 05:43:00 »
This is a simulator of Niffla's games. You will start off in a isometric (3D) town, where you walk to different buildings to play one of Nifflas' games.

DOWNLOAD It's up on knyttlevels.com called Nifflas' Simulator Beta 1

UPDATE

OK anyone who's interested, I remade (again) the entire enterface. It is now up on knyttlevels.com It's called "Nifflas' Simulator Beta 1." In order to unlock each of Nifflas' games, you need to find the key in the level.

The new version now includes:
Withing a Deep Forest (needs music)
Geoffry the Fly (needs music)
Roll (20% completed, needs music)
And a whole new interface which I kind of like.

P.S.
In the menu DON'T go down at the bottom or you'll keep falling (This will be fixed very soon I just forgot to change it this time around)

Hope you enjoy
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 20:43:28 by greenblobo9 »
[achvmnt]VkVSMDIAAAAAAACBgIAAAAAAAAAA[/achvmnt]

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
Re: 3D Town
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 06:07:24 »
Hmm...interesting concept. I don't think anything like this has been done before. :) I'm not really sure how much challenge/environmental stuff you could get into something like this, but that's just my opinion. :P

Offline KM-NAD

• Ooh... pretty lights. This abyss isn't so bad...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 06:18:02 »
I have made the town so that everything OUTSIDE the buildings is in a triangular shape. The roads are solid so that you have a grassy field with a road in it that is traingular and perpindicular to the buildings. Confusing, huh? Just try this demo!

In other words, isometric view... I think.
Wallswim going up from x1001y999 and back down, not that it really matters yet.
Wondering how you'll be able to switch roads/paths at intersections.
All in all very interested in this level and curious as to what you're going to do with the town.
If, when you see a wall, you spot a small, white, humanoid thing climbing up it, then you've been playing too much knytt. If, when you see a wall, your first thought is to climb it, then you've really been playing too much knytt. Apparantly this happened to a friend of mine. Never heard from him since.

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 06:23:35 »
This level will probably have to be one of those scenec levels instead of challenge so much... Unless I have a sudden genious streek. Oh and by the way, anyone got an idea to stop the wall swimming on the road? It SEEMS impossible to fix (I tried for 30 minutes straight,) ideas would be great, I'de even give you credit if you wish!

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 06:40:02 »
This level will probably have to be one of those scenec levels instead of challenge so much... Unless I have a sudden genious streek. Oh and by the way, anyone got an idea to stop the wall swimming on the road? It SEEMS impossible to fix (I tried for 30 minutes straight,) ideas would be great, I'de even give you credit if you wish!
As far as I know, crossing from screen to screen via diagonals always leads to a wallswim...but take a look at this thread here. It might not be exactly what you want, but it's in the general neighborhood.

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 06:50:35 »
Thanks! I'll check the link.
 :P

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 08:11:10 »
The tileset I attacked should (theoretically) prevent wallswim.
Lurk more.

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 08:37:48 »
Hmm...interesting concept. I don't think anything like this has been done before. :) I'm not really sure how much challenge/environmental stuff you could get into something like this, but that's just my opinion. :P

I do believe Nifflas' "Gustav's Daughter" uses a similar over world feature with enterable areas, and is very much a challenge level.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 09:48:03 »
If this level is good enough, it can get *cough*acertainuser's*cough* attention, and when the forum favorite level lsit gets done, he'll list it there, making your level popular! :)

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 17:19:03 »
Thanks! I will definatly give you credit.  ;) Only problem is... I can only use 2 tilesets... and they are both vital to the level so how do I use this third one?  :/
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 17:33:00 by greenblobo9 »

Re: Nifflas' Simulator
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 21:38:05 »
The level is totally different (for awhile I lost the level.) It's a simulated version of Nifflas' games now. The new download link is posted

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 21:40:46 »
Thanks! I will definatly give you credit.  ;) Only problem is... I can only use 2 tilesets... and they are both vital to the level so how do I use this third one?  :/
Take tiles from one and put it on the other.
Lurk more.

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 21:50:38 »
Take tiles from one and put it on the other.

Oh, OK thanks. I was told to use a custom tileset you make a folder called tilesets, so I'll it.

Offline KM-NAD

• Ooh... pretty lights. This abyss isn't so bad...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 22:06:45 »
So are we going to see any other games?
The original knytt?
#modarchive story perhaps?
Maybe you could even try doing night game when it comes out - but that'd be hard.
If, when you see a wall, you spot a small, white, humanoid thing climbing up it, then you've been playing too much knytt. If, when you see a wall, your first thought is to climb it, then you've really been playing too much knytt. Apparantly this happened to a friend of mine. Never heard from him since.

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 22:10:16 »
So are we going to see any other games?
The original knytt?
#modarchive story perhaps?
Maybe you could even try doing night game when it comes out - but that'd be hard.

I already have the first level of With a Deep Forest completed, it's almost a perfect replica. The level is on the old forum and in my next release I will add it to Nifflas' Simulator, and yes I will probably make a version of the original Knytt, perhaps a a couple of identicle screens, and maybe the original music. I'll also try to work on Mod Archive story if I get the time.