Meh

• 75 Replies

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
Re: Meh
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2009, 14:58:56 »
If you want to say something you should just be able to say it. If you put the words you removed in a parenthesis right after it, it makes no sense to remove them at all.
This is almost at the same level as taunting  people for not being able to spell.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2009, 17:27:57 »
I still have no idea why people made such a big deal about this. Hardly any of the posts were changed if you had looked around.

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2009, 19:53:32 »
Perfect example:
SPR?NKELD?NKEL ROBOTS SPR?NKELD?NKEL
Lurk more.

Offline Mr. Monkey

• jolly good fellow
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2009, 21:29:17 »
If you want to say something you should just be able to say it. If you put the words you removed in a parenthesis right after it, it makes no sense to remove them at all.
This is almost at the same level as taunting  people for not being able to spell.
Actually, the words in parentheses are the correct, expanded form of the replaced misspelling, so it's not the same words. 9_9
o__  o

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2009, 21:33:22 »
I think it's more like taunting people for not being able to use the spellchecker.
good bye

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2009, 14:46:14 »
I think everyone here is a moron.

Okay, no.  I think everyone here acted like a moron.

First of all, as a *ahem* joke, this was totally ridiculous and silly.  I can pretty much guarantee nobody found it very funny.  Ooohhhh, you use the word filter to turn a couple things into totally unrelated things, ohhhhh.  Come on, you can do better than that.  Rename all the forums to Trash, give users access to a fake admin control panel, change the default theme to something bright green and with rubber ducks, but no, you had to go and do the one thing that would just feel dumb.
The words weren't even chosen well.  I recall a forum in which the word "pineapple" was censored just to see if anybody noticed.  That was actually slightly creative!  This is just garbage.

Secondly, had I thought this would last forever (as EarthBound evidently did), I would definitely have spoken out.  Had I been aware of it before its removal, this post probably would have been a bit more entertaining to read.  That wouldn't have even been a joke, it would just be abuse of the word filter.

Finally, LPChip has a tendency to have spelling and grammar just as bad as anyone else here.  This is pretty much a natural inclination being that English isn't his native language, but he's probably used "ofcourse" more often than any other resident of the forum and then to more or less taunt other people for it is just HILARIOUS.

I mean, this forum has had some pretty weird stuff going on but this really takes the cake.

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2009, 15:05:54 »
hm, minmay just summed it up pretty much perfectly. My thoughts exactly.

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2009, 19:40:39 »
I'm still very confused.. what is sprunkeldunkel?
so am I...  :S

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2009, 20:14:25 »
Finally, LPChip has a tendency to have spelling and grammar just as bad as anyone else here.  This is pretty much a natural inclination being that English isn't his native language, but he's probably used "ofcourse" more often than any other resident of the forum and then to more or less taunt other people for it is just HILARIOUS.

LPChip didn't set this up. Paula did, with suggestions from users in #niffchat.
good bye

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2009, 20:19:47 »
Lurk more.

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2009, 20:26:37 »
"Spr?nkeld?nkel" is a word that appears multiple times in Nifflas's stuff.
good bye

Offline TechnoGeek

• My new project, Notroid
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2009, 22:59:56 »
"Spr?nkeld?nkel" is a word that appears multiple times in Nifflas's stuff.
i think it's swedish for "nonsense" or something like that
Spoiler: Technogeek's Signature (click to show/hide)

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2009, 23:06:32 »
It's not a word at all- it's a nonce word. Googling it brings up seven results, all of which are Nifflas-related.
good bye

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2009, 02:10:33 »
Spr?nkeld?nkel can mean anything you want it to be.
^ check back to this thread for proof! >:E

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2009, 04:41:40 »

LPChip didn't set this up. Paula did, with suggestions from users in #niffchat.

Well, same point.

Also I hope my post didn't sound rude; I was just trying to state my feelings in a (slightly exaggerated and) straightforward way.