Meh

• 75 Replies

Offline EarthBound015

• Meeeeork!
    • View Profile
    • Pick on the Bully's YouTube Channel!
Re: Meh
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 23:08:26 »
And I believe that the changes are unnecessary, so what if people get annoyed from looking at misspellings, it happens, and you will never get away from because we are not perfect, everybody makes mistakes and yes, we have a "spell check" but that doesn't mean it would get used every time even if we did try to use it every time, sometimes people are in a hurry and need to say something quick, therefore, type it up and off they go.  There is no reason to change things like this, it does nothing, you still know a word was misspelled, you still know WHICH word it was, at least you guys do, not everybody else.  So how does this fix how YOU guys feel, it doesn't, how does it fix what was said, it doesn't, how does it fix anything, it just plain doesn't. 
Teeeheee

Offline Mr. Monkey

• jolly good fellow
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 23:10:13 »
But, as BloxMaster pointed out, the forum pop is rather impossible to fix at this point.  I would rather have fun with it while I can. :D
o__  o

Offline EarthBound015

• Meeeeork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 23:11:31 »
Well, I guess Niff Forum is just a joke then.  Screw it, right?  Who cares if this was supposed to be a forum for Nifflas' works and help with them?  This is just one of them *knee slappers* isn't it?
Teeeheee

Offline Mr. Monkey

• jolly good fellow
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 23:13:58 »
Indeed, it was quite good a while ago, but it's deteriorated quite a bit after the release of Knytt Stories, which I assume is due to the influx of newer members and the effect that had on administration and existing members.

EDIT: Of course, I do not mean to say all of the newer members are bad, at all.  I simply mean that with such a community-oriented game being released, changes were necessary, and some of them, or the lack thereof, may have adversely effected the forum.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 23:16:48 by Mr. Monkey »
o__  o

Offline EarthBound015

• Meeeeork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 23:19:40 »
LOL, I wonder what changes you could mean by that m'friend, Monkey?  But anyways, I still dont understand why it was changed in the first place, "Meh, I'm bored, let us screw up the Niff Forum a little bit." "Ummmm.....Okay!"
Teeeheee

Offline Mr. Monkey

• jolly good fellow
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 23:25:15 »
It could have also had to do with some of the members which had joined at the very beginning, and earned a deal of respect from the community, leaving, and thus breaking various forum resources, et cetera.  Then again, I am only hypothesizing.  I wasn't expecting any of this to happen, at all, from the beginning, so I never bothered to take any notes on what could have caused it to end up in this state :P
o__  o

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 23:36:20 »
Huh? What happened? You can't even say "l o l" here anymore? That makes no sense! It seems like the mods do whatever THEY want to the forum without thinking of any of the members. I barely even care if I get banned for this, not that I'm asking you to ban me or anything. L o l may not be intelligent, but it can be used to make a joke. I would leave this forum, but KS is too much fun for me to abandon a place where you can talk about it. Still the forum is getting worse, and whenever someone suggests how to make it better, the mods insist that it's perfect already.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 23:43:32 »
Come on guys... its just a joke!

Geez, can't we even have a little bit of fun around here?
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline EarthBound015

• Meeeeork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 23:52:46 »
9_9 I think the joke is over, and no, I don't think it was a joke in the first place.  It was people trying to be witty.  If it was indeed just a joke, wouldn't things be back to normal by now, especially with a topic like this one coming up?   Instead of that I get stuff like,

There's no reason to remove these. It doesn't totally replace such typos: the correct spelling is in parentheses after the joke word. Meaning will not be hindered.

As for replacing "lol", you never need to use this acronym. Just use a smiley, srsly.

And this from a mod, not just from a "normal everyday forum user".  I don't NEED to use said acronym, but everybody uses it.  I think it should be fixed in general, the jokes over, AHHAHAHAHA, we all had our laughs.  Or at least everybody who thought it was funny, who the hell knows, it could have been a lot more people that think it is funny than not funny, but it is in no way constructive.

Also, you should spell out seriously, Goog, you never need to use "srsly".
Teeeheee

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2009, 23:58:41 »
I'd like to point out that if you just look around at the various topics, there are very few posts that have even been changed at all.

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2009, 00:11:14 »
If it was a joke, you should have saved it for April fool's day. Then everyone would have gotten it. But it makes no sense to force changes to words at a random time.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009, 00:14:10 »
If it was a joke, you should have saved it for April fool's day. Then everyone would have gotten it. But it makes no sense to force changes to words at a random time.

I think he just couldnt handle it anymore, so he broke.

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2009, 00:15:28 »
I kinda agree with Dandelion.
Lurk more.

Offline Mr. Monkey

• jolly good fellow
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2009, 00:17:07 »
Evil, that implies Miss Paula is male 9_9
o__  o

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2009, 00:35:58 »
I don't NEED to use said acronym, but everybody uses it.  I think it should be fixed in general, the jokes over, AHHAHAHAHA, we all had our laughs.  Or at least everybody who thought it was funny, who the hell knows, it could have been a lot more people that think it is funny than not funny, but it is in no way constructive.

Why are you so upset? Especially when in the past you've made posts like

I think that this is done and over with, a petition will do not a thing.  NG is coming out on Wii-ware only, like it or not.  Cussing and fussing is only going to make matters worse, blaming things on this company and that company does nothing either.  Sure, it sucks, but leave it be.  Nifflas has expressed how he feels and that is that.  Is this Nifflas' fault, no.  Is this Nicalis' fault, no.  Business is business, and that is how things work.

That is, posts discouraging complaint as a way of inciting change.

This really is very insignificant. No posts will become garbled by this. lol could even become this forum's in-joke replacement for lol.
good bye