Knytt Stories DS - Help required (Question 10!)

• 46 Replies

Offline Looki

• View Profile
Re: Knytt Stories DS - Help required (Question 7!)
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2009, 00:08:27 »
I didn't even expect to appear on the credits!
Well, whatever the majority prefers. If everybody has his real name in the credits and I'm the only one with my nick name, that would suck. :P
My real name is Lukas Meller.

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
Re: Knytt Stories DS - Help required (Question 7!)
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2009, 19:56:52 »
I didn't even expect to appear on the credits!

Oh, come'on, you all are helping me a lot to make KSDS more faithful to the original. It is fair that the credits have a "Special Thanks to" section  ;) .

Well, whatever the majority prefers. If everybody has his real name in the credits and I'm the only one with my nick name, that would suck. :P

Actually, you are the only one who wrote it  ;) . *Changes the credits to put your real name*

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
Re: Knytt Stories DS - Help required (Question 8!)
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2009, 01:23:24 »
New question! Whomever answers will get a cookie  :^^:

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2009, 06:36:46 »
QUESTION 8:

4/1,2,and13: Set 'hunting' to 1 if position further from player than 4 pixels. When hunting, move 1 pixel every "always" towards Juni. Stop at ground.

4,8: Set 'hunting' to 1 if position further from player than 4 pixels. When hunting, move 1 pixel every 00"-03 towards Juni. Stop at ground.

Purple floor chaser: Set 'hunting' to 1 if the following conditions are met: Y position less than Juni's Y + 36. Y position more than Juni's Y - 12. X position less than 4 away from Juni's X. Whilst hunting, move 3 pixels towards Juni every "always" Stop at ground.

Dark red floor chaser: Same as ^, but move 2 pixels towards Juni

Purple floor chaser: Same as ^ and ^^, but move 1 pixel.

Floor fire spitter: Set 'hunting' to 1 if X position further from player's X than 4 pixels. Follow player at one pixel an "always." If touch right wall, set wall touch to 1. If touch left wall, set wall touch to -1. Every 01"-88, when closer to player (by X coordinate) than 200: Shoot fire ball from 78.750 to 101.250. If wall touch doesn't equal 1, shoot fire from 33.750 to 56.250. If wall touch doesn't equal -1, shoot fire from 123.750 to 146.250.

Ceiling fire spitter: Set 'hunting' to 1 if X position further from player's X than 4 pixels. Follow player at one pixel an "always." If touch right wall, set wall touch to 1. If touch left wall, set wall touch to -1. When closer to player (by X coordinate) than 100, countdown from 80. When countdown hits 0: Reset countdown. Shoot fire ball from 78.750 to 101.250. If wall touch doesn't equal 1, shoot fire from 303.750 to 326.250. If wall touch doesn't equal -1, shoot fire from 213.750 to 236.250.

Fireball: MMF's pinball movement: Gravity 10. Deceleration 10. Speed 50.

Floor spider: Movement is MMF's bouncing ball. Speed is 0 unless position between player Y - 4 and player Y - 8. Then, 40.

Left wall spitter: Every 02"-15 pick random one to shoot. When finished shooting, set direction randomly to up or down and speed to 1 pixel/"always"

Right wall spitter: Every 01"-96 pick random one to shoot. When finished shooting, set direction randomly to up or down and speed to 1 pixel/"always"

If no one does objects 12-22, I'll get them in the morning.
Lurk more.

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2009, 20:57:08 »
QUESTION 8 part 2:

Red/orange floor spitters: Movement is MMF's bouncing ball. Every 01"-00 toggle flag. When set on, set speed randomly from 8 to 12.  When off, look towards player and countdown from 25. When finished counting, shoot fireball with direction 3, 4, or 5 (11, 12, or 13 facing left) and speed (20 + (X distance from player/5) + (Y distance from player/5)).

Fire ball: MMF's pinball movement, gravity 18. Dies on collision with umbrella.

Red floor spider: One chance in three, and every 00"-75, move at speed 30. When hit wall, stop and change direction.

Caterpillar: Movement is MMF's bouncing ball. Every 01"-00 toggle flag. When set on, set speed randomly from 8 to 12.  When off, look towards player and countdown from 25. When finished counting, create white bullet at action point.

White bullet: When to left of player, subtract 1 from X Speed. When to right, add 1. When above player, subtract 1 from Y Speed. When below, add 1. Destroy on collision with umbrella.

Hedgehog: Movement is MMF's bouncing ball. Every 02"-00, randomize direction. Every 00"-60, set speed randomly to 0, 0, 5, or 10.

Spiker: Set player distance to X difference + Y difference. When < 90, spike. When > 120, unspike.

3 shot walker: Set player distance to X difference + Y difference. When < 140, shooting. When > 160, walking. When walking: Movement is MMF's bouncing ball. Every 00"-76 set speed randomly to 0 or 10. Every 02"-00 face player. When shooting: Set countdown randomly from 60 to 79. "Always" subtract 1. When hit 0, shoot fire balls direction 7,8,or9 and 4 and 12, speed 30 to 59.

5 shot walker: Set player distance to X difference + Y difference. When < 140, shooting. When > 160, walking. When walking: Movement is MMF's bouncing ball. Every 00"-84 set speed randomly to 0 or 10. Every 01"-90 face player. When shooting: Set countdown randomly from 60 to 79. "Always" subtract 1. When hit 0, shoot fire balls direction 7,8,or9 and 4 and 5 and 11 and 12, speed 30 to 59.

*same fireball movement as first post

Black right wall walker: Every 02"-15 pick random one to shoot. Shoot 3 bullets at 14, 16, and 18. When finished shooting, set direction randomly to up or down and speed to 1 pixel/"always"

Black left wall walker: Every 02"-15 pick random one to shoot. Shoot 3 bullets at 30, 0, and 2. When finished shooting, set direction randomly to up or down and speed to 1 pixel/"always"

Lurk more.

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2009, 21:24:24 »
A bit late, but thanks - again. All your help here is priceless *bows*

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
Re: Knytt Stories DS - Help required (Question 9!)
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2009, 01:30:52 »
Question 9 posted! Hopefully soon, all critters will be implemented  C)p... although there are maaaaany things to do before finishing KSDS  :oops:.

Offline Saml

• now I've got a pie turtle too
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2009, 05:09:08 »
I am in the process of translating the code from question nine into a text file Will be done soon, possibly later.

EDIT: Shift stuff done, but not specific enough. Gonna finish up others first.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 07:02:44 by Saml »
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Now that stars are official, I can go wild down here! :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar:
Quote from: Nifflas
There are many things you can explode. Cats, paintings of fruit, Kaknästornet, factories...

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2009, 12:47:54 »
LOTS of Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Saml

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2009, 18:08:41 »
Oh, and rrc2soft, do you need any sprite extracts? Or are you using reshack or something to get the images out of the exe?
Now that stars are official, I can go wild down here! :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: :hiddenstar:
There are many things you can explode. Cats, paintings of fruit, Kaknästornet, factories...

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2009, 18:36:05 »
Don't worry, nifflas provided me with everything I need in terms of sprites (and music and...)  :^^: . He has been really supportive from the very beginning.

Offline Saml

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2009, 21:35:05 »
Okay, done w/flyers. Images for the path movements attached.

Behaviors:

8, 13, 23: Always set direction to current direction plus ((random out of three) minus one)
Always set speed to current speed plus ((random out of 13) minus five)
Always set semitransparency to current value plus ((random out of 41) minus 20)
Bounce on collision w/backdrop. (reverse direction, then randomize a small amount)
If it's out of the play area, orient towards center of play area.

25: Has a looping path movement. Nodes:
1: speed 10
2: speed 8
3: speed 6
4: speed 4
5: speed 2
6: speed 1
7 is the end, from there looking at it can tell you how long the pause at the beginning is, etc...
It also checks to see where the player's believed position is and sets the sprite to face towars it.

26: Has an arc-shaped path movement, nothing else. All nodes are speed 10.

27: Has a slightly similar path movement to 26, in the opposite direction. nothing else. All nodes speed 20.

28: Every 80/100ths of a second, set speed to (eight plus random out of six) times random out of two.
Every four and 1/10th seconds, set direction to either left or right.

29:Path movement, nothing else. Nodes:
1: speed 8
2: speed 6
3: speed 4
4: speed 3
5: speed 4
6: speed 4
7: speed 3
8: speed 3
9: speed 4
10: speed 6
11: speed 8
12: speed 8
13: speed 6
14: speed 4
15: speed 3
16: speed 3
17: speed 4
18: speed 6
19: speed 8
20: speed 6
21: speed 4
22: speed 4
23: speed 6
24: speed 4
25: end. Loops back.

30: Every three and 15/100th seconds, set animation to either of three sequences: blink, crouch or yawn, and set direction to either left or right.
Force animation frame to 0, and restore animation frame.

31: Loops across the playing field after exiting on either side, setting its speed to four plus random out of five.

32: When it believes itself to not be overlapping the player or the hologram, (if activated), it sets its speed to 20 and sets its direction towards the player's believed position.
When overlapping the player's believed position, it sets its speed to 7.

Offline Saml

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2009, 22:17:08 »
Done w/decorations!

Behaviors:

10: Initially set OriginalX to its x position, same for Y pos.
then every quarter second, set X position to OriginalX plus random out of 13 minus six, same for Y pos,
and also set the animation to a random sequence out of the 4 available.

17: Initially, start loop "Mega Bomb Explode" 32 times, then start it 32 times another 2 times. (so it would start 32, then start another 32, than start one more set of 32.)
On the loop "Mega Bomb Explode", create a particle at the original object's coordinates,
then set that object's direction to the number of loops in the group of 32 that have passed, (not the total number of loops so far),
and set the particle's speed to fifty plus random out of 40.

Offline Saml

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2009, 22:42:36 »
Done w/bouncers!

Behaviors:

4: Has MMF's default pinball movement.
Initially set internal value originY to its Y position.
Always set value PlayerXDistance to the absolute value of the object's x coordinate minus the player's x coordinate.
If the player is close enough and the player jumps WITHOUT the double-jump power-up, perform a small jump with upward speed 40 and gravity 48.
If the player is close enough and the player jumps WITH the double-jump power-up, perform a bigger jump with upward speed 58 and gravity 35.
Also, when the creature hits the ground, play the bounce sample on a new channel, and update the channel to play the sound on for the next bounce.

6: Same as the first, except it walks around and does not use pinball movement. (So the speed values I say aren't MMF speed values.)
Every one and 15/100th seconds, set X speed to random out of 3 minus one.
If the object is not in the air, add x speed to the x position. If the object is not in the air and has collided with an obstacle, reverse the X speed and update position.

7: Same as the last one, except it does not bounce only when the player jumps. Once every quarter second, if a random value out of eight equals zero, it jumps.

Offline Saml

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2009, 23:42:38 »
Done w/ghosts!

Behaviors:

For all ghosts, it has to be noted that their semitransparency is constantly set to the max of the current semistrans value plus random out of 10 minus five, and eighty.
They are only spawned if the player has the ghost powerup.

6: Every 3 seconds, toggle internal flag 0.
If internal flag 0 is off, create a particle at the object with a random x coordinate on any one of the objects every 62/100ths of a second.
If internal flag 0 is on, create a particle at the object with a random x coordinate on any one of the objects every 2/10ths of a second.
It is constantly moving, and it turns if (this is where I have no clue what is going on) internal flag 31 is on.
Then it turns flag 31 off.
So I can't really explain how that works, because I have no idea how flag 31 is even set on in the first place.

Anyway, 9 is the same as 6 'cept it doesn't drop particles, and I still can't explain how either of them turn, so you should either ask Nifflas or approximate the movement.

12: It basically just has 2 values, Time to Drop, and Drop Countdown.
It always subtracts one from whichever has not reached 0.
After every drop, Time to Drop is set to forty plus random out of forty.
When Time to Drop reaches 0, Drop countdown is set to thirty.
When drop countdown reaches 0 it starts the drop animation and creates a drop. Drops are the same particles as 6 uses.

13: When the player is on the same level as it, it looks towards the player and adds 3  or subtracts 3 from its x position.
When it is overlapping the backdrop, but still moving it counteracts the movement by adding the opposite to its x position.
For example, if it were going left by adding -3 to its x position and it was hitting a wall, it would add +3 to its x position.

14:When the player is near, it makes 25 rock particles along its base (with the pinball movement, directions either 5,6,7,9,10, or 11, speeds six plus random out of 16) and rises.

15: Always move by adding 2 or -2 to the x position, depending on the intended direction.
While overlapping a backdrop, add 2 to the semitransparency.
When within 10 pixels of the playing area edge, reverse movement.
While within 100 pixels of the player's x coordinate and not already divebombing, divebomb the player.
Divebombing entails setting the value Y speed to three plus (random out of six times two), and always adding the y speed to the current Y pos.
While divebombing, subtract from the Y speed until the object returns to its original Y position (stored in a value.)

16: This one just has a path movement, nothing else.
Nodes:
1: Speed 8
2: Speed 8
3: Speed 8
4: Speed 8
5: Speed 8
6: Speed 8
7: Speed 8
8: Speed 7
9: Speed 5
10: Speed 3
11: Speed 3
12: Speed 8
13: Speed 5
14: Speed 7
15: Speed 8
16: Speed 8
17: Speed 8
18: Speed 7
19: Speed 5
20: Speed 4
21: Speed 3
22: Speed 3
23: Speed 5
24: Speed 7
25: Speed 8
It has a pause, and it loops. Just like the birds earlier