Needs help to get sprites

• 5 Replies
Needs help to get sprites
« on: January 04, 2010, 20:32:15 »
I am working with my friend name Dusitn on the Morbid Factory project. We are wanting to make animated cutscenes in the game. And scine I am the only one who know how to use Flash I have been selected to be the animator. However, I dont have any sprites to work with and can't find a sprite sheet anywhere. I don't want to use the whole Camframe thing and take pictures of the game while being played because the resolution and quality will turn out horrid and my computer lags when I do use Camframe.

If anyone can help get me some sprites of Knytt and the other characters and stuff I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

Offline Shawnachu

• Contemplating
    • View Profile
Re: Needs help to get sprites
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 21:56:53 »
There is, unfortunately, no way to implement animated cutscenes into the original game. However, Knytt Stories Advanced can do some stuff with timed cutscenes, subtitles, and whatnot.

If you really need the animation aspect in the game, then you can shift Juni into a wall where she will steadily wallswim up (acts like a timer).Have a custom object on the screen so that the cutscene plays while you're rising. See here for more details.

EDIT: You're gonna have to ask Nifflas for the spritesheets, and they haven't been released. There are a bunch of sprite sheets here made by the fanbase.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 22:00:45 by Shawnachu »

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 23:42:51 »
There is, unfortunately, no way to implement animated cutscenes into the original game.
Yes there is. You even linked to the topic explaining how its done.
Use a custom object that covers the whole screen, while putting Juni on a sticky tile. That way the player has to watch an animated "scene". In my book, that is a cutscene.

Anyways, aren't there spritesheets or something similar in the source?
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Shawnachu

• Contemplating
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 01:53:45 »
I meant in the fact that you can't use animated images in the "real" cutscenes.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 02:02:48 »
Well, they have been working on this project for quite a while now, so I'm sure they already know that only .png's are allowed in cutscenes.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 11:37:28 »
Shawnachu: thanks for the site with those custom made object/characters. I really think some of them on there will really come in handy for adding more story and making the final project look nice. And yes I know about the "cutscenes" thing. Dustin explained it and though I don't fully understand how to put it as a png. file just yet I am not to worried about it at the moment. Though I appreciate the link I would still like to have the original sprites from Knytt and others. I have actually heard about this "sprite folder" with the Knytt stories but for some reason I can't find it. Does it come with the Knytt stories or is it like something that you have to get somewhere else?

Razzorman: when you say "aren't there spritesheets or something similar in the source?" do you mean a source in the Knytt stories or somewhere on this site?

I really appreciate the help you guys. Thank you very much.