[Environmental] - Mail Call

• 13 Replies

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
[Environmental] - Mail Call
« on: June 15, 2009, 18:52:34 »
This level is unamed due to not spoil anything (it has a name just not on the forums) i cant really give a story but its mostly an environmental with a challenge to deliver things (that may be too much info XD) i need a few things right now though

I need:
-Ambiances, good city like music, and water dripping (like in a cave)
-The newest version of "Hanseatic Town" by "Rickard Anderson"
(i saw it somewhere but its hard to navigate an old post on this forum :P2)
-And possibly some co's (these are top secret so post that you're interested and send me a pm)

Also offtopic here, I just got my old computer back (which is better than working off an 8gig usb (4gig's of knytt stories) on a laptop that isn't mine)

I will be using KSA to create this level and i have two screenshots (for now)

All help is appreciated  C)p
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 01:58:22 by Emeraldfire7 »

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
Re: [Environmental] - UNNAMED
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 20:14:59 »
I see your using my Bunker tileset I made for Strange Darkness. I never actually released that publicly, but your free to use it I guess. Teammate privilege. ;)

Just a pointer, I noticed your not using the lights exactly properly. I mean, you can use them however you like, but I designed them a certain way. If you put the Light fixture on Layer 2, and put the top of the light piece underneath in on layer 1. Now place the rest of the light tiles on layer 2. This way it gives that lighting effect I created them for. The light will cover anything beneath it on Layer 0, and everything except for that one spot on Layer 1.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 22:56:20 »
oh i see haha i guess i'll try that but i put the light fixture on layer 1 and the light tiles on layer 2 over top of everything i dunno there's one or two pixels that over lap but i think it looks fine XD

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 10:04:51 »
Looks nice

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
Re: [Environmental] - Mail Call
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 02:04:18 »
Update...

i've decided on a name now thats better than the one that i posted XD its mail call and i've also made some new decisions on the level's well being :P2

1. There will be no music as to capture the feel of the level
2. The level will have some secrets That i hope you will enjoy
3. The level will rely heavily on KSA so KS users should upgrade if  they want to play it

4. A new screenie!! yay

so enjoy

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 04:51:32 »
Hmmm.. no red lock in this screen.
Lurk more.

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 09:45:24 »
very nice screen. keep working

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 09:46:27 »
Another update

I had to change the interior tileset due to some... issues, but its worked out now heres a preview of it :P2 also i need a CO of Lightning in the top of the screen that goes down a good 5 tiles and it should look random not looped XD

(if someone could do this for me i would be ecstatic)

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 12:31:27 »
I see your using my Bunker tileset I made for Strange Darkness. I never actually released that publicly, but your free to use it I guess. Teammate privilege. ;)

Just a pointer, I noticed your not using the lights exactly properly. I mean, you can use them however you like, but I designed them a certain way. If you put the Light fixture on Layer 2, and put the top of the light piece underneath in on layer 1. Now place the rest of the light tiles on layer 2. This way it gives that lighting effect I created them for. The light will cover anything beneath it on Layer 0, and everything except for that one spot on Layer 1.
:shifty: XD
yeah he asked a while ago if he could use it so i though why not of course hes the only one who has it part from me and you JC (hope thats okay...)

also i think i remember sending you a pm bout this Emeraldfire7 so i think i know the plot to some point  :shifty: (dont worry i wont tell :awsum:)

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 20:46:43 »
That's rather specific.
Lurk more.

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 03:30:51 »
i assure you the plot is completely different than what i may have been talking about...

A little bit of plot i will tell its not much though so...

You are a knytt that is supposed to deliver 3 letters to 3 different people, along the way you enjoy the rather "rainy" scenery and then deliver the letters when you get back your boss hands you a letter... what it contains? not even i know :P2

that's mostly it, about the letter i know what it contains but i don't want to spoil it XD

hope you enjoy it lol more screenies on the way (hopefully)

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 03:49:53 »
D'you find out about the letter?
Lurk more.

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 20:28:13 »
of course, if you didn't it would be a very short level XD