• 105 Replies

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
Re: Nightgame Wiiware only...
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2009, 18:52:59 »
Would you have paid money for the PC version in donations, even if it was a free download goog? Because most of us wouldn't

...any donations wouldn't be "for" the PC version in the same sense that direct payment for it would be for it.
good bye

Offline bokabeed

• I don't even use Firefox...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2009, 18:55:58 »
SO then how would Nicalis make any more maoney by releasing it here is my point. I am saying, how is puting it on PC as a free download going to benefit Nicalis?
I have been banned because I threatened LPChip the wrong way.

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2009, 18:57:07 »
SO then how would Nicalis make any more maoney by releasing it here is my point. I am saying, how is puting it on PC as a free download going to benefit Nicalis?

Who said the PC version would be free? I think the assumption has been that it would be sold online, not distributed as freeware. (And yes, I'd buy it.)
good bye

Offline bokabeed

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2009, 19:01:23 »
Well, then I wouldn't be able to buy it. I am not 18, I don't own a credit card, and my parents wouldn't buy it.

I assume this is the case with more than a few forum members.

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2009, 19:03:24 »
Well, then I wouldn't be able to buy it. I am not 18, I don't own a credit card, and my parents wouldn't buy it.

I assume this is the case with more than a few forum members.

That's the exact same case with WiiWare. Wii Points aren't free.
good bye

Offline chipset

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2009, 19:04:28 »
But you can buy a Wii Points card in some stores, which could technically make your life a bit easier, as you could just use cash to pay for it.
:hiddenstar: - thanks AClockworkLemon!

Offline bokabeed

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2009, 19:06:56 »
I live 5 minutes away from Gamestop... wii points are 20 dollars, no shipping fee,no credit cards

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2009, 19:09:05 »
But you can buy a Wii Points card in some stores, which could technically make your life a bit easier, as you could just use cash to pay for it.

I live 5 minutes away from Gamestop... wii points are 20 dollars, no shipping fee,no credit cards

...I don't think this is immediately related to the discussion at hand. Regardless of the accessibility of Wii Points, a PC version would have a larger potential audience, since most all Nifflas's audience so far is PC-based, and there are, quite simply, more PCs than Wiis in the world.
good bye

Offline chipset

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2009, 19:12:24 »
Exactly. I was just trying to tell bokabeed that it's easier to get wii points than he might think...
But, I still agree that there should be a PC version.
:hiddenstar: - thanks AClockworkLemon!

Offline bokabeed

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2009, 19:14:30 »
There are more wii owners than Nifflas fans in the world.

Many people have computers, but they are all used for different things. But eveyone who has a Wii uses it for the same thing, games.

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2009, 19:16:28 »
But not everyone who has a Wii is going to be interested in Nifflas's games, and PCs have an established fan base that'd buy the game. Trying NG as a Wii game is a gamble, but I don't see why a PC version couldn't be released to hedge the bets, as it were, so even if it flops on Wii, it succeeds on PC.
good bye

Offline bokabeed

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2009, 19:20:48 »
 :sigh:

Not everyone who has a PC is going to be interested in Nifflas games either. This is rediculous.

If you have a wii, NG is more in your face. If you have a PC, you could spend your life surfing the internet, and never find this forum or anything related to Nifflas' games.

Look, if Nifflas can get a jump start on making a lot of money in this industry, he will have to break a few haerts on the way. But maybe, with his success from Nicalis, he could someday pioneer Nifflas Games as a real game company. You shouldn't hold this against him or Nicalis is my point. Right now, he is just doing his job, and so are they.

Offline Mr. Monkey

• jolly good fellow
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2009, 19:28:51 »
Was this about PC exclusive. vs. Wii exclusive, or was it about PC and Wii together vs. Wii exclusive?  I opt for the second, but I am willing to admit I am wrong if you can disprove me.
o__  o

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2009, 19:29:24 »
:sigh:

Not everyone who has a PC is going to be interested in Nifflas games either. This is rediculous.

If you have a wii, NG is more in your face. If you have a PC, you could spend your life surfing the internet, and never find this forum or anything related to Nifflas' games.

Look, if Nifflas can get a jump start on making a lot of money in this industry, he will have to break a few haerts on the way. But maybe, with his success from Nicalis, he could someday pioneer Nifflas Games as a real game company. You shouldn't this against him or Nicalis is my point. Right now, he is just doing his job, and so are they.

This doesn't make sense. Those people who are interested in Nifflas's games are already there, on PC. If the game sells badly on Wii, it will become less visible and continue to sell badly, but the PC market is almost guaranteed. (I don't mean to imply that NG will sell badly on Wii.)

That is to say, on the internet (where the games would have to compete against a wide range of different recreations), the people who would like the games a lot will tend to seek them out, while on such a densely competitive platform like the Wii (where everything is a competing game), the games will be surrounded by so many others, and there's a need to be widely appealing to sell well, and the only people who seek the games out will probably be the people already in the PC market.

I am not saying there shouldn't be a Wii version. I think it's neat to see Nifflas get a game on Wii. I just don't see why there can't be a Wii version and a PC version.
good bye

Offline bokabeed

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2009, 19:32:18 »
Probably because it is so easy to steal it on the PC. You can just copy/paste the file from someone who has already bought it, and then Nicalis has lost money.

But that isn't possible on the Wii.