Nightgame NOT Wiiware only!

• 105 Replies

Offline Pie_Sniper

• View Profile
Re: Nightgame NOT Wiiware only!
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2010, 00:14:59 »
I suppose it might be read that way, but anyways, it should be clear now. I didn't intend my humble post to be a source of such debate. :P

« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2010, 00:26:22 »
What bothers me is that Nicalis is so inconsiderate to the fans waiting for this game with the way they release information.  We know that Nifflas can't talk about the release, only Nicalis can.  We also know that Nicalis seems not to care about making this long wait easier for the fans by at least giving updates on why it is taking so long and what the status is.  But THEN, suddenly, they drop news like this in some unrelated tweet?  If they're able to say publicly that the game is coming to PC etc., why can't they also say something publicly about WHEN it is coming, WHY it is taking so long, and WHY, if it is coming to PC, we can't buy the PC version now while they're doing whatever it is they're doing with the other versions.

Like I said, there's money in my bank account that should be in Nifflas's bank account.  The excuse that we're waiting for the Wii-related stuff to be worked out no longer applies.  What's the new excuse for this game not being out yet?

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2010, 01:47:31 »
Yay!!

I have a wii, but i would much rather play it on the pc!  <3

I hope that the pc will be able to have a higher resolution!

2 Questions though:
Is the mac version a port of the pc version, or an entirely different engine?
Same as above but replace "mac" with "iphone".

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2010, 02:30:53 »
What bothers me is that Nicalis is so inconsiderate to the fans waiting for this game with the way they release information. 
I completely agree with that. I also find it inconsiderate to Nifflas' own work to release such important information as a sort of note in a tweet. "Oh, by the way, it's not wii-exclusive anymore..."
Are Cave Story and La Mulana all that matters to them??

Offline Feryl

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2010, 02:34:23 »
Perhaps it's been taking so long because they've been busy porting the game to the other platforms. Nicalis also has the DSi release of Cave Story as well as La Maluna on WiiWare both still unreleased, and so NightSky might not be their top priority right now.

However, this whole thing is still somewhat of a mess as it stands now... for such a quiet and peaceful game, it sure has been through a heck of a lot of delays and headache.

Here's hoping that the game will finally see the light of day before the year is out.

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2010, 02:42:48 »
LOL, talk about hard-to-please! XD I don't care whether the news is served with fanfare or sneaked into my feed, as long as it's good news, and NightSky going multi-platform is great news! :nuts:

I see the tweet as some sort of sneaky early-bird news for attentive fans. I'd be surprised if they didn't do massive marketing before the actual release.

(btw, read the topic from the beginning... with the changed title, it now looks really strange! C)p)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 03:04:40 by SiamJai »

Offline Bubble

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2010, 08:00:40 »
why can't they also say something publicly about WHEN it is coming

http://twitter.com/#!/rinkuhero/status/3298733391355905
http://twitter.com/#!/nicalis/status/3297868618145792

"Soon."  Not a very specific response but still...

I'm glad this isn't a Wii exclusive.  I purchased a Wii this year largely with the intent to play NightSky and Cave Story and will probably buy NightSky via WiiWare if the controls prove to be better than the PC.  Still, Nintendo makes good games and pretty good hardware but they suck at making UI.  Discovery and usability are big problems on WiiWare.  It's possible NightSky could have been released just on WiiWare to little fanfare and few sales.  With iPhone and Computer releases (Steam pretty please ;)), hopefully Nifflas will be able to afford to work on Knyttwadf full time! :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 08:02:20 by Bubble »

« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2010, 10:03:10 »
The smart thing for Nicalis to do would be to release the PC version now and let all the existing fan base purchase it, then use that money toward marketing the other versions to new fans.

Offline Feryl

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2010, 14:44:25 »
A really smart thing to do would be to simply release the game... they've had like two full years, what in the world is going on?

« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2010, 04:45:48 »
Its cool that so many more people will be able to play it but I will probably still play it on the wii because of the bigger tv screen.

Offline Feryl

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2010, 14:57:19 »
Its cool that so many more people will be able to play it but I will probably still play it on the wii because of the bigger tv screen.

Yeah, WiiWare purchase for me too. :)

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2010, 01:12:43 »
Not that I know Nicalis and Nifflas from a hill of beans (in fact, I use to think they where the same person), it seems likely to me that any and all delays and lack of info are not their doing but simply the result of working with the video game monolith that is Nintendo.  Nintendo would doubtless require the release of the pc version to NOT happen before the wiiware release so as to not effect their sales.  They might even make them release the pc version some time after the wiiware version just to try to squeeze a few more sales out.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2010, 05:37:57 »
That's great news! Nicalis might not be a fail after all :)

Offline Alaquiddin

• Expendable Forumer
    • View Profile
    • My Blockland Forums Account
« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2010, 20:50:59 »

They never were in the first place.

No matter what platform it's coming out for, you don't need to insult them for this.
What

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2010, 10:37:28 »

They never were in the first place.

No matter what platform it's coming out for, you don't need to insult them for this.

Was that really an insult? I don't see it... You seem oddly defensive.

In my opinion, there are several valid reasons for insulting Nicalis, even if I don't think they were insulted here.