Nightgame NOT Wiiware only!

• 105 Replies

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
Re: Nightgame Wiiware only...
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2009, 23:28:28 »
You loose all the reason you may have as soon as you start attacking the people instead of their ideas, bokabeed. :/

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2009, 23:30:18 »
Goog, man, shut up. Please. I beg you, just shut up. You are really sad about this. Please, don't slip into depression now.
Nice move there. How did you plan winning an argument like that?
You cant flip out over the fact that some people are disappointed in Nicalis decision. Its they who are disappointed, not you, so leave them be.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 23:32:16 by Razzorman »
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline bokabeed

• I don't even use Firefox...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2009, 23:30:50 »
I can't stop laughing.
I have been banned because I threatened LPChip the wrong way.

« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2009, 23:41:37 »
 :sigh: This thread...

While I sympathize with those who won't get to play this, I agree with Nifflas' decision. I think you guys are blowing this out of proportion. Nicolas isn't an evil company trying to steal indie game rights for their own sick amusement. The way Nifflas is saying it, it seems they gave him a fair choice: he could've released a PC version, or released a Wii version (correct me if I'm wrong). He chose to release it to Wii so he could get his name out on the consoles.

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2009, 23:42:16 »
Quote from: the other Nightgame discussion
I think these topics are revolving in circles and not getting anywhere except personal accusations and, frankly spoken, stupidity. I don't think there is currently much more left to be said.
What I would reckon to be helpful is when Nifflas would explain better why Nightgame has to be Wii-exclusive.
As long that explanation is not given, I think it's the best idea to lock this and the other thread. Please don't open another discussion or bring it anywhere else. We do NOT need the debates board for this, no.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2009, 02:10:31 »
The problem is that I can not provide that explanation. As I'm not a spokesman for Nicalis, I'm not really authorized to explain Nicalis' decisions or reveal the nature of any agreement between Nicalis and any other party. I can only speak for my own decisions, and as you all know, to make it Wii exclusive was not one of mine.

I hoped for a PC version and a Wii version of course, but when I got involved in this I knew and agreed on that I wouldn't be the one to decide those things. I didn't know from the beginning that it would end up being Wii exclusive either, so I wasn't aware that I gave up a PC version for a Wii version. And still, to get a game out on the Wii is a great opportunity for me as a game designer!

A lot of people have raised their voices about me losing the control over the game. This is only partially true, I've still have full control over all the game design choices, so the game looks, sounds, and feels exactly like I want it to. Then, no matter if it's movies, games, or books, when you get into the commercial world of companies and publishers, you become smaller. This makes sense too, Nicalis doesn't work for me, I wouldn't expect them to provide all resources to port a game to Wii while I still have all the rights to make any decision I want. Yes, I also want a PC version to be released, but to me it means a lot that I've had full control over the game content (levels, graphics, audio) itself, because I don't believe every company would have given me that, so I have to respect the choices that I've agreed that Nicalis makes.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 02:35:13 by Nifflas »

Offline Bubble

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2010, 23:01:55 »
But Nicalis are spokespeople :) http://twitter.com/#!/nicalis/status/3122572455583744

Now coming to PC, Mac, and iPhone!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 23:08:12 by Bubble »

« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2010, 00:06:37 »
Wait, what?  The game is no longer Wii-exclusive?  How has this not gotten more attention?

Great, now I kept this Wii for no reason.

« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2010, 00:26:14 »
Also, if the game is going to be on PC, can't it just be released already?  It was built on the PC wasn't it?  I thought the reason we were waiting so long was for it to be ported to WiiWare.

I have my credit card in hand, let me buy this game for PC already!  :P

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2010, 15:18:34 »
But Nicalis are spokespeople :) http://twitter.com/#!/nicalis/status/3122572455583744

Now coming to PC, Mac, and iPhone!

@Bubble: Now, that's a post with class. ;)

I really hope this turns out to be true!

Offline Pie_Sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2010, 16:49:51 »
That makes me so excited! I would really love to play it, but there's no way I would purchase a Wii for one game.

Offline J

• Information leaking
  • I have a chicken on my head.
    • View Profile
    • Greywool
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2010, 19:55:25 »
Did you read the post right above yours? :P

Now also coming to PC, Mac, and iPhone![/b}
"flipping around like an idiot" -- Paula

Offline Pie_Sniper

• View Profile
Re: Nightgame NOT Wiiware only!
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2010, 20:17:00 »
Oh yes, I am aware of that. :) That's what I was referring to with "That makes me so excited!"

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2010, 22:29:43 »
Oh yes, I am aware of that. :) That's what I was referring to with "That makes me so excited!"

Even still, it looks like you misread it. Check your sentence again, its almost like you still think it is wiiware only X)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2010, 22:41:27 »
I didn't think that he got it wrong. And of course, I matter most. :P
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs: