Nightgame NOT Wiiware only!

• 105 Replies

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
Nightgame NOT Wiiware only!
« on: March 01, 2009, 00:09:31 »
I probably shouldn't say this, but right now a part of me is deeply hating Nicalis.

[mod]Changed topic to be more accurate. :P[/mod]
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 19:56:46 by J »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Unknown game genre
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 00:13:01 »
Good. :)
I probably shouldn't say this, but right now a part of me is deeply hating Nicalis.

I'm not hating Nicalis, but I can't say that I like Nicalis either. Hate is just so negative... I'm disappointed in Nicalis though... Thats for sure.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 00:16:56 »
Yeah, hate is really very negative... I never thought I'd be able to feel so negative because of a videogame, though... :S
Such a marvelous game and because of those guys, its announcement came as a bad new to a lot of people.
It's like that quote someone I can't recall had on his signature... "There's nothing in out background, upbringing or education that teaches you how to deal with someone who in broad daylight has just stolen your cookies."
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 00:22:20 by PONTO »

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 00:28:18 »
If you ask me, he already spilled this out a bit too early. As he did with NG. :)
I don't believe anything substancial will come out in a hurry. The game will be somewhat large, from all I've gathered. :P
You still have the "beta" PC demo, don't you?
**Points finger**

You could sell that  XD

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 00:30:04 »
That can't be made public, or else the exclusivity contract is broken, I suppose.

Offline Sabata

• View Profile
    • Esper - A webcomic based on Espernet
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 00:39:19 »
It's like that quote someone I can't recall had on his signature... "There's nothing in out background, upbringing or education that teaches you how to deal with someone who in broad daylight has just stolen your cookies."

That was from Gorfinhofin's signature. The quote was from Douglas Adams, creator of the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" series.

And yeah, I agree that this is a let-down. Personally, I'd rather be able to sit in my room at my computer and able to talk on IRC and play a Nifflas game than be in our family room, sitting on the couch. But anyways.

It seems to me that the genre will be something fairly new to Nifflas, since he hasn't really done anything with a physics engine before. The closest to a physics game would be Roll, I guess. It also appears that it will still be towards pacifism for the characters, since we haven't seen anything pertaining to enemies yet.

Edit: My bad. I didn't notice this wasn't Night Game. Sorry, sorry. :S
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 04:12:51 by Sabata »
- Nifflas
:hiddenstar: :hiddenstar: - Chironex
:hiddenstar: - The Old Nifflas' Forum Community for my userbars
:hiddenstar: - Halflight
:hiddenstar: - BloxMaster
:hiddenstar: - Aquatic Liger

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 00:55:26 »
That can't be made public, or else the exclusivity contract is broken, I suppose.

Hmm.... really?  :shifty:
Begins to hack J's computer*
Just kidding.  >)
 XD

Seriously though, from a non-selfish point of view, by broken contract do you mean between Nifflas and Nicalis?
or Nicalis and Nintendo?
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 01:15:39 »
I know nothing about this stuff, but between Nifflas and Nicalis, I'd say. Nifflas is being funded by Nicalis to produce NG, so he can't distribute it independently. Also, Nicalis granted exclusivity to Nintendo, so if the PC game is published, this is also broken.

But there are probably better people for you to ask this. xD
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 02:20:14 by PONTO »

Offline Dynamite

• Stuck in a coloured spectrum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 01:19:56 »
I think Nifflas wanted to join Nicalis so they would help him port the game on the Wii. Actuall that can't be right because he said he wanted it on PC. But at least ONE of his ames got on the Wii, and that would make me happy as long as all my other games could be on the PC. He's probably just trying some new things with his games  :D

and...

Let's just hope J doesn't beta test this one.

Perhaps he might be finishing off DIS?

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 01:22:36 »
This is turning into a "was nicalis justified?" thread.
Lurk more.

Offline just another guy

• i need to get a picture soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 01:26:47 »
(i could post this in the night game category, but they're busy talking about whether the topic will stay up, and so it seems more fitting to put it here)

IF, as i assume, nintendo is the one wanting exclusivity, and IF, as i assume, they are doing this so that people will buy the game only from them and they'll make more money:

PROPOSED SOLUTION:
when someone buys a PC version of night game, nintendo recieves a cut of the money equal to what they'd get if it is bought on wiiware. that way nintendo will not mind a PC release, because they benefit from that as much as they do from the wiiware release.

That way; 1) Nicalis makes more money, 2) nintendo makes more money 3) wii not-haves like me get to play.
It works on paper, but evidently it doesn't work in real life, else someone would have tried it

(P.S.: While it is unfair that nintendo is paid for a game they aren't distributing, the situation is already unfair so...)

Offline Dynamite

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 01:30:57 »
when someone buys a PC version of night game, nintendo recieves a cut of the money equal to what they'd get if it is bought on wiiware. that way nintendo will not mind a PC release, because they benefit from that as much as they do from the wiiware release.

I've never seen a PC game that said "Nintendo" on it, nonetheless Nicalis..

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 01:38:02 »
Wait, I thought the Wiiware would be free  <_<
This is getting worse and worse.. :(
Well, what if it was "mysteriously" hacked onto a PC?
 :shocked:
(jk)
But I may make a speed-run video for those who can't get it on their Wii, or don't have access to a Wii.

Offline Dynamite

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 01:45:02 »
Offtopic:
DJ Gopher, are you the one who made some music for Knytt?

Ontopic:
I do think someone might port the game on PC (via an emulator) but if they did that without Nicalis' permission then they might get into some trouble. But even if they asked Nicalis they'll definitely say no.

Do you think Nicalis made Night Game on Wii  for a special reason? Maybe Nicalis doesn't want to be a PC brand but a Wii brand or something.

Edit: This is turning into a Night Game thread. We're hear to talk about the Unknown Game.

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 01:50:55 »
(i could post this in the night game category, but they're busy talking about whether the topic will stay up, and so it seems more fitting to put it here)

IF, as i assume, nintendo is the one wanting exclusivity, and IF, as i assume, they are doing this so that people will buy the game only from them and they'll make more money:

PROPOSED SOLUTION:

That way; 1) Nicalis makes more money, 2) nintendo makes more money 3) wii not-haves like me get to play.
It works on paper, but evidently it doesn't work in real life, else someone would have tried it

(P.S.: While it is unfair that nintendo is paid for a game they aren't distributing, the situation is already unfair so...)
They want exclusivity because they want to sell consoles. They are not going to sell consoles because of night game, but it does contribute for them to have a good arsenal of Wiiware titles and that does sell consoles. If the game is on PC too, it doesn't count.

Nicalis wants to make games for the Wii because Nintendo pays well.

They all get happy. I hate capitalism. T_T
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 01:53:45 by PONTO »