Knytt Online World

• 167 Replies

Offline moleherd

• Wario rulezz
    • View Profile
Knytt Online World
« on: March 01, 2009, 12:42:29 »
Hi. Dynamite and me start with this project last year. We have something done but it isn?t done at all. I have source but I don?t know how to work with MMF2. So I canafford you source for it and online source. So if anybody is interest...?

Offline Joozey

• It's a clockwork universe.
    • View Profile
Re: Knytt Online World
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 13:46:30 »
I'm definitely interested, but I do not own a copy of MMF2. For now I can only provide assistance in creating solutions written in C. I've gained enough knowledge on the mysql API to program some stuff, but I'm not sure how much of the project is occupied by MMF2.
Gears grinding on maximum power, belts slipping to high speed.<br />In name of Her Majesty Victoria, FULL THRUST INTO ARMADA!

Offline moleherd

• Wario rulezz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 11:18:09 »
I'm definitely interested, but I do not own a copy of MMF2. For now I can only provide assistance in creating solutions written in C. I've gained enough knowledge on the mysql API to program some stuff, but I'm not sure how much of the project is occupied by MMF2.
Great. Sorry that I dont log fpr a long time. I have some work to do.

All things in this project that has been done yet are in MMF2. But if you can do online things in that programs you write it would be great.

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 00:36:12 »
Im afraid to ask this but... is this project still alive or has it been abandoned?  :S

Offline Joozey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 02:58:17 »
if you ask me it's in the fridge for some while to come. Yet... there IS a plan.
But now is not the right time.

Yet I can not speak for the project owner, merely my own input.
Gears grinding on maximum power, belts slipping to high speed.<br />In name of Her Majesty Victoria, FULL THRUST INTO ARMADA!

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 00:38:03 »
I cant wait for the online world :)

Offline Dynamite

• Stuck in a coloured spectrum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 06:49:36 »
Don't bother...

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 07:42:01 »
I have thought of how I would want a knytt online game to be like. Nothing like what you guys had in mind really...

Ok, Knytt online would be about making levels and then share them and play them online.
Knytt online would have the same editor as knytt stories only that it would be upgraded so
it has more stuff. First thing is a new layer that will make things go in front of the player.
Then more objects like everything from first knytt game and much more.

When the level is done you go into knytt online and upload it to the knytt online database.
In the level database players can see the newest and most popular levels. They can also see
how many people plays the levels. And for more fun the players can leave comments and rate the
levels.

You aces the levels from a special building (or something else) in a main world where most players is. In the main world you can play mini games with other players and other  fun stuff.

The interface is simple, it has a message-box, friend and ignore boxes and shows what power ups you have.

Thats how I would want a knytt online game to be.

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 08:59:10 »
I have thought of how I would want a knytt online game to be like. Nothing like what you guys had in mind really...

Ok, Knytt online would be about making levels and then share them and play them online.
Knytt online would have the same editor as knytt stories only that it would be upgraded so
it has more stuff. First thing is a new layer that will make things go in front of the player.

When the level is done you go into knytt online and upload it to the knytt online database.
In the level database players can see the newest and most popular levels. They can also see
how many people plays the levels. And for more fun the players can leave comments and rate the
levels.

You aces the levels from a special building (or something else) in a main world where most players is. In the main world you can play mini games with other players and other  fun stuff.

The interface is simple, it has a message-box, friend and ignore boxes and shows what power ups you have.

Salmoneous  Idea FTW!  C)p

Offline Joozey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 09:28:23 »
It's hard enough to make it work at all. :P

Offline moleherd

• Wario rulezz
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 16:24:15 »

levels.

I have imagene it otherwise. Every player will create his own character. Than he will collect experiences and some coins when they will finish quest. You will be able to for examlpe collect herbsd his own house etc. But if you have some ideas lets post it. I will think about it.
Salmoneous you idea was very simple and its very similiar to Knytt Experiment.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 16:26:49 by moleherd »

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 17:24:02 »
Than he will collect experiences and some coins when they will finish quest.

I dont like that idea. Coins would mean a whole money system which would suck and no quests. It shouldnt be about collecting coins. And no kind of experince either becoase then it would be some kind of a level system and that would be quite pointless.

You will be able to for examlpe collect herbsd his own house etc.

I never liked the idea with having a house.

I think it would be best to have no goal at all. Leveling up, become rich and have the best house.
It should be about creating levels and play them online, unlike your original idea my idea is unlimited.
What would be more fun in the length?

Offline moleherd

• Wario rulezz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 17:34:53 »
Than he will collect experiences and some coins when they will finish quest.

I dont like that idea. Coins would mean a whole money system which would suck and no quests. It shouldnt be about collecting coins. And no kind of experince either becoase then it would be some kind of a level system and that would be quite pointless.

You will be able to for examlpe collect herbsd his own house etc.

I never liked the idea with having a house.

I think it would be best to have no goal at all. Leveling up, become rich and have the best house.
It should be about creating levels and play them online, unlike your original idea my idea is unlimited.
What would be more fun in the length?
I don?t like your idea too, because is similiar to Knytt Experiment. You can finish it download source and work on  it. I don?t want to do this game hoI think the better is create one good game which will be limited but funny and creative.

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 18:11:43 »
My idea came from boxtop who first thought off knytt stories online.

I think the better is create one good game which will be limited but funny and creative.

maybe I wasnt clear. How do you think exactly that would work as a mmo. There is one world with a town and some houses and you do quests and have your own house and go around and find coins. It could be fun but not for very long and it would still not make a good mmo. A mmo should be built like a
community, otherwise it shouldnt be a mmo. Every sucessfull mmo is like that.

Offline Joozey

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 18:34:38 »
With rude sarcasm you wont achieve anything but disrespect.
I don't see a point in announcing your preferences here anyway, as you are not going to realize it, and I dare say neither will anyone else in the upcomming months.