Knytt Online World

• 167 Replies

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
Re: Knytt Online World
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2009, 18:49:27 »
You've been making a custom objects engine :whoa: ? Awesmoe! Will it be compatible with the current KS level editor and also KSA? I hope so! Keep working! (considers pulling out slave driving whip, thinks better of it, and prays instead that this will be finished fairly quickly)
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline Dynamite

• Stuck in a coloured spectrum
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2009, 23:23:22 »
It would probably be a LOT better for us if you could make a custom objects engine first. Not to say Knytt Stories Online is a bad idea (if it works, it'll be great), but a custom objects engine is what this game desperately needs to make it great.

That's what I've been doing o______________o

I got mistaken,
I haven't been doing that. I thought Bored2Death said "Custom Engine" so I said I am doing it. What do you mean by Custom object engine?

Look, with Knytt online you just upload your levels and download them in the game itself. You cant see other players, you can't see there character, there is no puzzle maps that you can play with other people.

It's just upload and download.

« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2009, 00:04:59 »
Sounds like knyttlevels..  :( :S :ohnoes: :|
Lurk more.

Offline Didriking

• The King of Umbrellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2009, 09:30:57 »
Wait, how is it Knytt ONLINE, if you can't see other people?
-place holder-

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2009, 09:55:48 »
What about that video you uploaded where you were two players hopping around in a world and chatting with each other? Did you scrap that idea?
Seems to me like it wouldn't need to be more than that.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Didriking

• The King of Umbrellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 06, 2009, 09:58:24 »
Yeah, me and my friends would be happy with only that if we where able to build a litle more on the world.
-place holder-

Offline Dynamite

• Stuck in a coloured spectrum
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 06, 2009, 14:09:26 »
What about that video you uploaded where you were two players hopping around in a world and chatting with each other? Did you scrap that idea?
Seems to me like it wouldn't need to be more than that.

Firstly, that video only supported 2 people. If a 3rd person joined then the game would have glitched.

Secondly, The whole reason why I quit was because the online engine was too hard to make. I will pretty much need to modify every single individual object which will take forever, and I will also need to change the entire level editor... I'm not doing it again to avoid abandoning this game a second time.

So right now it's just an upload your level and download other levels in the game, I might add a small chatroom in there.
But there is a catch. I will regurlarly update the game (using automatic updates), adding new features and such. Maybe, just maybe I can add that online-multiplayer feature.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 14:11:14 by Dynamite »

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 06, 2009, 21:34:07 »
Just to clarify what I meant by a custom objects engine:
An engine that allows you to program custom objects more than just animations. For example, giving them the power to kill Juni, or move when she gets so close, or doing SOME action when it touches her or she gets near. Something like that.
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

Offline Joozey

• It's a clockwork universe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 07, 2009, 01:32:36 »
I wouldn't support a custom objects engine. I'm not sure if I like KSA either, but who am I to judge. Knytt Stories is fine as Nifflas left it IMO, but an additional online option where people see people would be nice, but as said, very hard. I am eager to see what Dynamite is able to make :).
Gears grinding on maximum power, belts slipping to high speed.<br />In name of Her Majesty Victoria, FULL THRUST INTO ARMADA!

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 07, 2009, 03:50:55 »
I wouldn't support a custom objects engine. I'm not sure if I like KSA either, but who am I to judge. Knytt Stories is fine as Nifflas left it IMO, but an additional online option where people see people would be nice, but as said, very hard. I am eager to see what Dynamite is able to make :).

Nifflas said he wants to implement the Custom Object Engine, he just doesn't have the time to write it. He said, however, that if someone writes a custom object engine that he likes and if it meets these rules (I'll go pull up in a second) he'll implement it into KS.

Firstly, that video only supported 2 people. If a 3rd person joined then the game would have glitched.

Secondly, The whole reason why I quit was because the online engine was too hard to make. I will pretty much need to modify every single individual object which will take forever, and I will also need to change the entire level editor... I'm not doing it again to avoid abandoning this game a second time.

So right now it's just an upload your level and download other levels in the game, I might add a small chatroom in there.
But there is a catch. I will regurlarly update the game (using automatic updates), adding new features and such. Maybe, just maybe I can add that online-multiplayer feature.  ;)

Just a shot in the dark here, but have you thought about teaming up with rrc2soft? From what I understand he is rewrite every object for KSDS.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

Offline smeagle

• Using Arch now
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 09, 2009, 11:15:05 »

Nifflas said he wants to implement the Custom Object Engine, he just doesn't have the time to write it. He said, however, that if someone writes a custom object engine that he likes and if it meets these rules (I'll go pull up in a second) he'll implement it into KS.

But there is a catch. I will regurlarly update the game (using automatic updates), adding new features and such. Maybe, just maybe I can add that online-multiplayer feature.  ;)

Just a shot in the dark here, but have you thought about teaming up with rrc2soft? From what I understand he is rewrite every object for KSDS.

I don't think he can join with rrc2soft because he is using palib to make the ds game.

Offline Vinterrun

• Schniggedi Schnapp die Daumen sind ab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 09, 2009, 23:32:36 »
Well, you could use just a little tileset and a small number of objects for the online chatroom as it is in your video. Something like a little platform without a big number of graphics.
under re-construction:

Coming late:

Starwale *pun*

Offline Lizzaroro

• Raaaaaaahhh!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 12, 2009, 10:19:00 »
This is just sad... 161 posts and no progress. Thank god I'm not apart of this community anymore.
Click the Holoskull for my newest project... (Its on hold due to Doombuilder issues). And all my old levels are here
My Youtube *Contains NSFW*

Offline Didriking

• The King of Umbrellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 12, 2009, 11:36:06 »
This is just sad... 161 posts and no progress. Thank god I'm not apart of this community anymore.

That's very helpful, thanks a lot. :sigh:
-place holder-

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 28, 2009, 13:18:32 »
Look, with Knytt online you just upload your levels and download them in the game itself. You cant see other players, you can't see there character, there is no puzzle maps that you can play with other people.

It's just upload and download.

Wtf.. how do you think? I don't get you, your first project you cancel and then you say you want to do it like I said but now you're just going to fuck it and do that? What's the point, it wouldn't even be an online game it would be just like ks! If you cant interact with other players it wont be online you smock, it would be a stupid ks copy.

You are a quieter, you wont take your heart into making this game and work a little so I can already see it will blow. If you want to make a good game you wouldn't care about how long it would take or about how hard it is to make it you just do it. But, you wont and you will fuck up.