• 167 Replies

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
Re: Knytt Online World
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2009, 22:52:14 »
In KE, you have a balloon, and there are no death objects, so there's not really any sort of difficulty.
good bye

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2009, 23:10:09 »
1) Someone could be making a forest level but then someone else could be making a desert level, and there won't be a gap of levels in between.
2) The tilesets will be different for every level which will make the graphic style change a lot
3) The levels might not join together..and I wouldn't want to modify a few 100 levels once they're submitted just to make them connect.
and
4) The difficulty style will range to very easy to lunatic for each person's level..which could get annoying.

1) I have no idea what you mean there.
2) Different grahpic style is a bad thing?
3) what are you talking about?
4) Just like in ks the auther would set the proper difficulty of the level.

Everything you say is a problem isnt a problem or make muh sense. Your idea would have many problems thought. Like... what if someone wanted to delete the entire world huh?

With my idea there wouldnt be any probelms (Not any problems that would be easly solved). There is a level database. With the database you can search how you want so you can find any level you want very easy. There would be a report funktion so you can report a problem with the level to the mods, like copyrighted music or it contain pictures of sex and puking ppl for example. The other players could coment and rate the level. Just think of it like the new knyttlevels archive that LPChip is doing but online.

Offline Dynamite

• Stuck in a coloured spectrum
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2009, 01:53:38 »
fuck this, all I wanted to make was like an online RPG for Knytt...but everyone else wants a bloody database that's exactly like Knytt levels.com
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 01:56:52 by Dynamite »

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2009, 04:53:28 »
Knytt ≠ Knytt stories.

This would be like Knytt, not Knyttlevels. Like an online community of knytt.
Lurk more.

Offline Joozey

• It's a clockwork universe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2009, 11:37:12 »
Wait. I thought we'd keep things simple.

Current objectives:
- See eachother walking in a knytt stories level.

Future objectives:
- Interaction with items.

I think that would be enough to open up a whole new strategy of designing online games. And I'm just following the easiest way to achieve this. No bells and jingles.
Gears grinding on maximum power, belts slipping to high speed.<br />In name of Her Majesty Victoria, FULL THRUST INTO ARMADA!

Offline Dynamite

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2009, 02:08:29 »
That's what I was saying!
..but nooooo.....

Either I have the wrong impression on Salmoneous' idea or he has the wrong impression on mine.

SALMONEOUS, you don't download other peoples games and play them, this is going to be an online (rpg) where you can interact with other people and see them and explore with your friends in the ONE and ONLY WORLD that we're going to make for the game.

If you don't like my ideas on this project (Which I started in the first place) then just wait until J someday updates knyttlevels.com!  >(
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 02:17:08 by Dynamite »

Offline Joozey

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2009, 02:22:45 »
Wait again. I said it'll be individual servers for now. I don't have the resources to hold up one giant world on one server! Calling to the database is less heavy than constantly streaming player data to each and everyone. So I lay the traffic to the individual level hoster. And going from multiple individuals to one main level is not a big step, technically-wise.

Dynamite, you did start the project, and you did a great job. But you quit, and handed the project away, or discarted it at least. You'll need to let some of your ideas go.
Gears grinding on maximum power, belts slipping to high speed.<br />In name of Her Majesty Victoria, FULL THRUST INTO ARMADA!

Offline Dynamite

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2009, 02:29:37 »
I might consider re-making Knytt Online...just to make it my own way how I wanted it to be.

Offline Gaeel

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2009, 23:12:43 »
There could be two Knytt onlines?

One which would be similar in gameplay to "The endless forest".
i.e: minimal gameplay elements in a relatively large and stylized universe, on a single server.

And the other which would be closer to KS, with multiplayer elements.
i.e: One player starts a server on his computer, and other players connect, and then they play together (maybe it's a coop adventure or something?)
Code: [Select]
<Gaeel> I love you Dataflashsabot!
<Dataflashsabot> I love you too Gaeel!
<Gaeel> Wait are we really having this conversation?
<Dataflashsabot> I think we might be a figment of Gaeel's twisted imagination...

Offline moleherd

• Wario rulezz
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2009, 18:03:10 »
I want to do this game like World of Warcraft. There will be one world same for everybody. Later we will repair bugs, lags and extend the World. Everyone will be able to start his own server but with same map or if you wish with your own world. Everyone will chose one character which he will like mostly and with her he will play on server where he create her. That chracter will touch up and evolve. And so servers needs to run no for example 10 min or one hour. Servers needs to be run for larger time. This is my primal idea at work on KOW. I want this and nothing like Salmoneous idea he wants to create something what was already done (bit diffrent) Knytt Experiment. If you want to create game like you write everywhere so do it and make your own topic. Dont write here ideas like before in this topic. This game will be diffrent that you want. Make up with it.

And Dynamite don?t be . I don?t like it.

If someone has suggestion so write it here.

Offline KG

• Perhaps.
    • View Profile
    • Kittens
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2009, 19:18:10 »
I want to do this game like World of Warcraft.

There's no need to read that comment any further.

Just no.

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2009, 22:58:42 »
Either I have the wrong impression on Salmoneous' idea or he has the wrong impression on mine.

I dont have the wrong impression on your idea. No, no.. no.

SALMONEOUS

DYNAMITE  :crazy:

(Which I started in the first place)

Sure, you started to create a game but Boxtop came up with the idea off playing knytt online.

I want to do this game like World of Warcraft. There will be one world same for eve...blablabla blah...

It is nice that you have an idea and our ideas are very different. But I still cant figure out how you think at some points, same with Dynamite. for exapmle, What would a knytt envolve into? That sounds very weird and those ideas dont belong into the knytt universe (like a knytt-rpg).
The best way off making a fan-game is to stick to the basics and not try and do the opposite.
I mean, if you want to do a knytt online game dont make it into something that cannot relate to Nifflas knytt games, its just wrong.

Offline Joozey

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2009, 23:04:07 »
I believe Dynamite is very well capable of creating what he imagines, and I support him all the better to achieve it.
I also completely agree with Gaeel.

Offline moleherd

• Wario rulezz
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2009, 09:50:13 »
I also completely agree with Gaeel.
Me too :)

4a

« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2009, 20:45:11 »
It should have cows in it. Simply because this idea is abbreviated KOW. :D