What does this mean?

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
Re: Blue Topic Bar?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 16:27:30 »
That you started the topic. I believe this just happened like a few days ago.
good bye

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 16:28:00 »
It means that you started the topic.  Nothing more, nothing less.

It's basically there to confuse you, really.  I took a while to figure it out too.

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 17:15:00 »
It's basically there to confuse you, really.  I took a while to figure it out too.
C)P
LPC implemented it, indeed a few days ago. Just not really to confuse you, but to make it obvious at first glance which topic you started/make those findable quickly. X)
In the dark theme, your own topics have a grey slightly different blue colour, btw.

Edit: hmm, guess he changed it again a bit. C)
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 20:01:24 »
Indeed. The main reason is to quickly see that your topic has got attention. You browse the topiclist and if a blue bar is at the top, you know someone replied to your topic. If you read everything, you won't mind. But if you're as busy as me, you want to check a forum, see if your topic has a reply, check it out, return to the index, quickly scan for new topics and then mark everything as read X)

Thats what I do when I'm really busy. In the past I sometimes missed my own topics, so this little hack is really handy, not only for me, but for everyone. :)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 21:38:11 »
It kinda looks like the forum is made of flash :O
.swf

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 23:38:10 »
Indeed. The main reason is to quickly see that your topic has got attention. You browse the topiclist and if a blue bar is at the top, you know someone replied to your topic. If you read everything, you won't mind. But if you're as busy as me, you want to check a forum, see if your topic has a reply, check it out, return to the index, quickly scan for new topics and then mark everything as read X)

Thats what I do when I'm really busy. In the past I sometimes missed my own topics, so this little hack is really handy, not only for me, but for everyone. :)
I'm using the FastRecords/WaDF theme, so I just click the Show new replies to your posts. at the top of the screen. :P2
Lurk more.

Offline Bored2death

• My attempt at a Nurykabe Tiled room XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 23:49:17 »
Me too XD
Spoiler: Achievements (click to show/hide)

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 10:12:43 »

Thanks ! Its handy!

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 11:26:08 »
As moderator, I can't just only check my own topics. I have to check everything. :) I give new topics more priority if I'm busy. If I'm not, I check everything.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex