[Environmental] Apocalyptic City

• 50 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: [Environmental] Apocalyptic City
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2009, 18:00:17 »
Please note, posting a level is not allowed in the Knytt Stories Levels Preview forum. Images and text are.
Let's say he uploads it to the archive and slightly indicates that it could be found there, acceptable?  :P2

Yes, acceptable :)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline B-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2009, 20:38:25 »
Please note, posting a level is not allowed in the Knytt Stories Levels Preview forum. Images and text are.

Oh, sorry. I didn't fully understand how this preview section worked. X)

So... I guess for future demos, I'll just upload them to the archive and say "Go get it!" :P

Offline B-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2009, 10:19:24 »
Time for a little update, just in case my computer dies again.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to work on the level too much. I've had a pretty busy summer so far, but I will try to get back to work on this. The update is just a few screens bigger than the last one, and they aren't completely finished, but some of you may be interested in seeing the basic concept of Juni's shelter.

Download is on the archives.

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2009, 03:09:54 »
Time for a little update, just in case my computer dies again.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to work on the level too much. I've had a pretty busy summer so far, but I will try to get back to work on this. The update is just a few screens bigger than the last one, and they aren't completely finished, but some of you may be interested in seeing the basic concept of Juni's shelter.

Download is on the archives.

Your smart-aleck attitude in the beta amuses me. XD

Btw, the way you made the inside of the shelter is epic, I love how it blocks off certain sections, and etc. with shifts.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 03:12:40 by JC Grim the 'crete reaper »
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2009, 12:43:56 »
Hows progress  :huh: (plz dont be dead, cause this is one of the levels on my list im waiting for)

Offline B-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2009, 11:29:35 »
Hows progress  :huh: (plz dont be dead, cause this is one of the levels on my list im waiting for)

To be honest, I haven't been able to work on it for the past few months... at all. I've started a busy year of school, and aside from that, I was experiencing weird situations in which KS Manager would randomly refuse to let me update/ change my custom data.

Then again... school is easing up just a bit, and KS Manager is beginning to behave. I guess I'll try to resume work on this, but I gotta be honest, progress will be slow. I'll attempt to update the demo/ screenshots whenever I have something new to report, but no promises.

(And I'll be honest here. I'd be a lot more willing to complete this level if the KS community was as large and active as it was when the game first came out, but I know it's never going to be that way again. :<)

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2009, 01:37:01 »

To be honest, I haven't been able to work on it for the past few months... at all. I've started a busy year of school, and aside from that, I was experiencing weird situations in which KS Manager would randomly refuse to let me update/ change my custom data.

Then again... school is easing up just a bit, and KS Manager is beginning to behave. I guess I'll try to resume work on this, but I gotta be honest, progress will be slow. I'll attempt to update the demo/ screenshots whenever I have something new to report, but no promises.

(And I'll be honest here. I'd be a lot more willing to complete this level if the KS community was as large and active as it was when the game first came out, but I know it's never going to be that way again. :<)
If you give up on this, I will have to call out Morgan Freeman to kick your ass! D:< (Kidding. But seriously, FINISH THIS.)
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2009, 23:27:52 »
Eh, just downloaded and played the beta and it's so promising. Even if it ends up about running from shelter to shelter with a few shots of the ruined city, it'd probably still be great.

You're right, but then the community's still here, and good levels still happen every now and again... if you decide to finish this, I'm sure you'll make quite a few people happy, including me  :)

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2009, 04:11:48 »
You're right, but then the community's still here, and good levels still happen every now and again... if you decide to finish this, I'm sure you'll make quite a few people happy, including me  :)

Seconded. I'm starved for new environmentals!

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2009, 10:32:56 »
Make few people happy? i wouldnt know anyone who wouldn't love this level. The detail is brilliant!  C)p

Offline B-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2009, 05:02:35 »
Alright... I managed to get some time to work on the level today. I didn't do much, but I did spend about ten minutes making a better gradient and polishing a few things here and there. It's not much, but it's more than I've done the last month or so, so I've gone ahead and uploaded my progress to the Knytt Stories Level Archive.

If you want to play it, it's called "Apocalyptic City Alpha 1."

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2010, 08:15:29 »
This isn't dead is it?  :sad: (no seriously this level is quite amazing )
So hows progress and all that?
(Yes im one of those people who have been following this since it started and is practically stalking this level)

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2010, 13:33:15 »
This was one of the first non-nifflas levels I played, back when I didn't even realize there was a forum (hey, it says IF YOU NEED HELP on the Nifflas web site, not IF YOU WANT TO CHAT ABOUT ALL KINDS OF NEW GAMES AND HOW TO MAKE LEVELS AND DO LOTS OF OTHER COOL STUFF).  I was super impressed, and so disappointed when I realized it was just a demo.  The light switch and the music... everything was great.  Please keep it going!

Offline Vinterrun

• Schniggedi Schnapp die Daumen sind ab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2011, 11:29:00 »
This isn't dead is it?  :sad: (no seriously this level is quite amazing )
So hows progress and all that?
(Yes im one of those people who have been following this since it started and is practically stalking this level)

Same question 8 Month later!
under re-construction:

Coming late:

Starwale *pun*

Offline B-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2013, 06:39:41 »
Welp, it has been over two years since anyone has asked about this, but I felt like posting back here. I'm pretty busy with college and whatnot, so I may not ever finish this level entirely, but I think I would at least like to make some more progress.

I was scouring around for some more source material for inspiration, and I noticed that one of my favorite level designers, Farik, had used sounds and music from ERH of freesoundproject.org. ERH had about 90 pages worth of uploaded files, most of which were artistic and interesting, though useless from a game-designing perspective (15 pages of audio recordings from a train station anyone?). However, I was eventually able to sift through the audio and find some very well composed pieces of strange, slightly off-putting music which would be perfect for what I have in mind.

To list a few that I plan to use:

-Atmosphere 2
-Eh struuct multi
-Eastern

...Just listening to these have helped me to decide where I want the level to go, so I will do my best to make some headway and keep you all up to date whenever I have news to report. :)