New... ball project... i guess.

• 93 Replies

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
Re: New... ball project... i guess.
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2009, 19:15:05 »
Also, another glitch: when you press A, the red mask also colo(u)rs the outline of the ball. This isn't supposed to happen.
Spoiler: Big picture ahead!!! (click to show/hide)

Fixing.

Offline vdweller

• JapanStache!
    • View Profile
    • vdweller's freeware games
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2009, 11:52:38 »
There is a physics library for Game maker 7 called Game Maker Physics 4. It's fairly easy, mostly bug-free (at least for the purpose you want it) and you can perfectly simulate a bouncing ball, even better than the WADF ball if you ask me. The best part is that if you work with forces etc. you don't have to calculate weird trajectories, movement equations and stuff. Plus, it behaves normally on occasions like eg when the ball hits a corner. Last but not least, you can do some neat "Night game" physics stuff, like the ball toppling over boxes, moving windmills etc.

Anyway if you want to save yourselves from the pain of rediscovering the laws which govern the ball movement, do get this one.

http://host-a.net/coderchris/GMPhysics V4.zip
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 11:54:21 by vdweller »

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2009, 19:34:59 »
The thing about GM Physics is that it's for games that rely heavily on physics. WaDF is not very physics heavy; there are no situations where you need to gain momentum in order to knock a box onto a switch, or topple a wavering tower to get by. Implementing more than basic physics would make some tasks impossible. :/

As for this project, I just sort of...lost interest. I have the entire source code on hand if anyone wants to continue this (and would be happy to answer questions about it). Sorry! My biggest flaw in regards to game development is the difficulty I have with staying motivated. :moody:

Offline OSad

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2009, 02:20:51 »
Damn, pick yer poison. Curse you for keeping this going in my vanishment.  :^^:

Anyway, I had some problems to deal with. But it's all sorted out now. Can I check what you've made so far?

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2009, 03:14:03 »
Sure thing! I'll PM you the source. I'll still be here for support, but at the moment, I just can't seem to work on it anymore.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2009, 23:15:25 »
Bawmp. Have fun testing, people. 8)

http://www.box.net/shared/jlp4cjj0ab

Make sure you extract ALL the files and folders, or you will get a fatal error as the game tries to load nonexistant music.

Offline Bass

• View Profile
    • BassNet
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2009, 18:46:27 »
This is made in game maker? I might be able to help.

I've gotten to be very good with game maker.

Offline OSad

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2009, 20:50:34 »
You're welcome to jump on board! Right now, we decided to work on WaDF 2, then, if it works out, we'll steal Night Game from the wii and make a port called Afternoon Game to avoid copyright screw-ups.

I'm just finishing the training level. It'll be sent to Pick Yer Poison. Drop by on IRC if you're interested on helping!

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2009, 00:36:32 »
You're welcome to jump on board! Right now, we decided to work on WaDF 2, then, if it works out, we'll steal Night Game from the wii and make a port called Afternoon Game to avoid copyright screw-ups.

I think that would still get you a lawsuit. :P2

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2009, 21:54:57 »
'nother update! WaDF 2 is now on IRC! If you're planning on helping out, please meet up with us. If you have a standalone IRC client (like mIRC), type in "/server irc.esper.net" followed by "/join #WaDF2". If you're using niffchat, just type "/join #WaDF2".

Me and OSad have discussed applying, and here's what we came up with:

NOTE: The only people who will need GM Pro (or Game Maker at all, for that matter) are any programmers. Having at least the Lite version and knowing the basics is a plus, though.

Tileset, background, and music designers:
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Level designers:
Programmer(s):

« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2009, 09:12:22 »
I could submit level design ideas, but I don't have game maker 7 or higher, so I couldn't put it in the game.
Lurk more.

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2009, 15:45:53 »
I could submit level design ideas, but I don't have game maker 7 or higher, so I couldn't put it in the game.
That is quite alright. It's just a plus to have it, not a requirement. You only really need it if you want to program. But if you want to help, you should join us on IRC; it'll make things a lot easer on everyone. If you have mIRC, then just go to irc://irc.esper.net/WaDF2. If you don't, either download it (free!) or open up #niffchat, then type in /join #WaDF2.

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2009, 09:40:35 »
Back tracking a bit, I kinda liked the red mask extending tonto the black, i rekon it looked kool!

also, how big do the Tilesets have to be and what is the size of the tiles, Im iteerested in making some tilesets for you. As yet my computer dosn't like #IRC, so could someone PM me the details?
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2009, 23:07:05 »
Back tracking a bit, I kinda liked the red mask extending tonto the black, i rekon it looked kool!

also, how big do the Tilesets have to be and what is the size of the tiles, Im iteerested in making some tilesets for you. As yet my computer dosn't like #IRC, so could someone PM me the details?
Graphical designers are welcome! As are level and music designers, as well as programmers. If your computer doesn't work with mIRC, another option would be Miranda IM. And don't forget that the channel can be accessed through Niffchat as well! If you've tried the above and it still doesn't work, please do PM me and I'll give you all the details you need. IRC is just a lot easier.

« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2009, 00:12:46 »
I can be a programmer. I know almost all of the existing commands.

Also, I haz Game Maker 7 Pro, and I know a lot of secrets that most people on this board have never discovered because they didn't put more than 30 seconds into trying to work with it X)

I, on the other hand, made my first game prototype thing in 30 seconds :crazy:

...and with this and five more projects on my head, I will shut up and go to bed now. <_<

[My five other projects:
  • Pixelpart
  • The Worst Game Ever
  • Creatures (Working Title)
  • Compass Game
  • Wkgymugr
]
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 00:16:56 by youffle214 »