[Challenge/Playground] Fractals

• 32 Replies

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
Re: [Challenge/Playground] Fractals
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 17:43:11 »
How much will this level have to do with fractals?
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline Teper

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2009, 04:10:35 »
How much will this level have to do with fractals?

Well, that's an excellent question. I guess that could only be answered when the level comes out, but I'm not even sure myself of which story plot I'm gonna choose.
But anyway the level I will release shortly will be a walk in town.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 04:15:42 by Teper »

Offline Gaeel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2009, 15:08:55 »
You used to have a screenie with a Gendarme van and a few gendarmes standing around it if i remember correctly... That was the screenshot that sold it for me when I saw it...

Good luck on this, you manage to make a convicing Paris without resorting to the Hollywoodian method of boiling it down to the Eiffel tower, and the Louvre.
Code: [Select]
<Gaeel> I love you Dataflashsabot!
<Dataflashsabot> I love you too Gaeel!
<Gaeel> Wait are we really having this conversation?
<Dataflashsabot> I think we might be a figment of Gaeel's twisted imagination...

4a

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2009, 18:39:06 »
It's pretty. :D
Not sure how fractals fit in though.

Offline Teper

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 05:16:34 »
*bumps through* I must release this level soon, since I started it in april 2008. All the tilesets are finished, I just need putting things right. I'd be happy if I had 1 beta-tester, though, for motivation. Thanks for response. :)

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 06:05:52 »
*bumps through* I must release this level soon, since I started it in april 2008. All the tilesets are finished, I just need putting things right. I'd be happy if I had 1 beta-tester, though, for motivation. Thanks for response. :)

I could beta test if you want  :D

Offline LightningEagle

• Who's the wacko, you say?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 14:45:03 »
I'd love to beta-test for you too  :O

Offline Teper

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2009, 02:20:42 »
Well...I haven't touched this level for months, and I sorted out the map is in a real mess, with no links between different parts, and abandonned section. I actually think this needs cleaning before it would be useful for beta-testing.

I feel kindda stupid, sorry... :oops:

Offline LightningEagle

• Who's the wacko, you say?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 15:11:08 »
Well...I haven't touched this level for months, and I sorted out the map is in a real mess, with no links between different parts, and abandonned section. I actually think this needs cleaning before it would be useful for beta-testing.

I feel kindda stupid, sorry... :oops:
No worries. Whenever you feel it's ready I'm willing to beta-test  ;)

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 22:24:33 »
This looks insanely awesome. Please do finish it! (I totally understand taking your time about it, though - there's no use in rushing a job you want to be done properly.)

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2010, 16:05:28 »
Hmm, I see the last post in this topic was made by me, too. And posting something that is essentially redundant, after a *year*, may seem futile. But, nevermind. I like what I've seen of this level so far too much. So:

Any news at all about this, Teper? Because it's stunning, and I WANT to play it.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2010, 14:15:41 »
Wow, I can't believe I've missed something as big as this. Please finish it, Teper! It's incredible stuff!

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2010, 15:01:48 »
Reading through this thread again, I see progress seems to have been a bit... rocky. Does that, plus the lack of news for so long, mean the level is dead? And if so, would it be possible to, maybe, patch some parts of it together to form something smaller and less perfect than you initially planned, so that we could at least wander around the 'neighbourhood' a bit? It would be such a shame if nobody could ever 'visit' this beautiful place you've built.

(Incidentally, I would absolutely love for people who abandon a project to at least release an imperfect version of it so people can have a look - like minmay did with Small Worlds. So, anyone who reads this and has an unreleased, abandoned project lying around, think about releasing it, please?)

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2010, 04:09:50 »
Again, thank you Hmpf for bringing old level threads to our attention. 

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2010, 14:16:21 »
I forgot about this agian! silly me
this has not died has it?