Are you a creator or a playa?

• 10 Replies
Are you a creator or a playa?
« on: August 02, 2010, 11:56:46 »
When i was first introduced to knytt stories i played it quite often but soon as i got skilled at the editor, i now use it more than actually playing levels. The editor is just a nice way to pass time or to relax.

So this is just one of my curiousity questions.
So are you a creator or a playa? (explain why if you want.)

Offline hugobros3

• Former Knytt Stories Online "Coder"
    • View Profile
    • XolioWare Interactive
Re: Are you a creator or a playa?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 17:12:31 »
A devlopper and a player !
Most of my posts on this forum were made when I was about 12-13. Have mercy of the younger me discovering the Internet.

Offline bulbapuck

• One day hoping to become Venopuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 17:22:42 »
I'm mostly a player I think. Though at this moment I'm more of a level developer as I'm working on a project, but most of the time I'm just a player :)
Emma fell down a well - Enviromental KS level inspired by Salmoneous/Elder
Level in the works: Whitebow Island

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 18:34:09 »
I would say I'm a creator I have made many levels but I have also played since ks was released. 

I'm not sure but I think I've spent most time in editor. It's so nice in there  :)

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 22:30:58 »
Both. Problem is most my projects have become far too large so they never get released.
Lurk more.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 01:35:32 »
Tough question, but if I had to go one way or the other I'd have to say I'm a player. Even when playing around with the editor, the most fun part for me is to test out and play with my new creation.

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 22:59:52 »
Impossible to say, by now. Started out as a player, became a creator, am now firmly in both camps. I can't decide.

Offline Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 03:38:33 »
I'm both! :D

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 23:07:42 »
Mostly a creator now. Partly because I really enjoy creating stuff, partly because I kind of ran out of levels to play. Usually out of every 10 levels just one is good enough to make me want to replay it. And then sometimes the level is good, but replaying isn't. For instance, I've finished Farik's "The Hunt" again this week and it didn't feel quite as good as the first time. (Funny, but Farik's "Ascension" is the level I most enjoy replaying.)

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 18:08:30 »
I'm definitely a player. I have simply no skill in making a level C). I love criticising levels though.

Offline TheDarkOne

• Darkness...
    • View Profile
    • Scratch Account
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 20:03:24 »
I'm a *deep breath* developer, creator, player, level-stalker (looks for great levels), and a floating  :) face.

...Do I even need to say all that?