Mafia 9 - Night 5

• 414 Replies

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 9 - Day 1 (Ends Feb 6, 00:00:00 GMT)
« Reply #150 on: February 05, 2010, 22:27:40 »
3 hours left now, I think.  And it looks like I have five votes now.  Delightful.

Exp HP, I am curious how did you find out, who is who, after reading few posts (which were mainly focused on suspecting PP).
I didn't find out who is who.  I gave my opinion who is who.  That was my analysis.  Anything in it could be up to debate.
I'm not confident in most of it.  It's not like I have very much to work with.
I was just updating everybody on my thoughts about all the players of the game.

I wasn't trying to persuade people.  I wasn't trying to control people's votes.  I should've made my motivations clear.  There are two reasons I shared it:
1.  To defend me.  An anti-Exp train was starting, and I thought doing a thorough hunt for scum would restore credibility.
2.  To say everything I needed to say, just in case I wouldn't live to see day 2.  I mean, if I'm going to be helpful, I have to do it while I'm still alive!

As for the claim that among my top suspects are the two most against me (Budja and Mochaalatte):
I suspect Mochaalatte because of his reaction to me.  His reservations against me have been unrelenting ever since I presented my theory.  I don't know about you, but that's either a tell for scum or for an irrational player... and I wouldn't think of Mochaalatte as irrational.
And the reason Budja is on the list is because at some point earlier in the game, I felt he was defending Mocha.  I know that isn't true.  I know he doesn't deserve to be on the list.  I'd like to edit him right out of it.  He's there because my personal feelings got in the way of what was meant to be an NPOV analysis.  I'm sorry.
The bar wasn't set very high for getting on that list.  Even Dataflashsabot is on that list, and he's done almost nothing.

This is what I get for being assertive.  So I made a mistake.  So I didn't think it would be that bad if I mentioned power roles.  So sue me.  Now I know better.  This is my second mafia game ever, and it's awfully unfair for everyone to assume that everything I've said was a deliberate part of a larger plan.

You guys are hunting well for scum, but you're looking in the wrong place.  This is why the mafia always wins.
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 05, 2010, 22:47:29 »
You know what, screw this.  It's no fun when nobody trusts me.

Unvote: Whatever my current vote is (PP or Mocha, I don't know)
Vote: Exp HP

Well, admittedly, things were fun when nobody trusted me in my first mafia game, but that's because I was mafia then; if I made a mistake, I could make up an elaborate story to justify it.
This is different.  I just don't know how to defend myself as a townie.
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 06, 2010, 01:03:16 »
last post of day 1!

Spoiler: RAEV TIEM! (click to show/hide)

« Reply #153 on: February 06, 2010, 01:18:54 »
FINAL VOTECOUNT OF DAY 1
Sir Leroy III (1): jimj316
Purple Pineapple (2): Dataflashsabot, Lunar_Tick
Exp HP (6): Budja, RunMan, Sir Leroy III, Razzorman, kaizoman666, Exp HP
kaizoman666 (1): StraightFlame
Dataflashsabot (1): Lunar_Tick

With 14 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Story update
As the town members sat discussing, the sun had barely begun to rise. Infact, it seemed as though the day would last until someone was lynched. It was just as Exp HP started to dance that the sun dramatically slid across the sky into the west; the town had less than three days until the day ended. With less than 15 hours to go, they slapped some votes on Exp HP and slid him up on the gallows. The executioner slid a brown sack over his head and readied his axe. Exp said his prayers as he waited for the great blade of the guillotine to fall. With a single shout from the general, the firing squad opened fire on the lone townie.
Exp HP, townsperson, enddayed day 1.
It is now night.
Lurk more.

Re: Mafia 9 - Day 2
« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2010, 19:26:16 »
I encourage everyone to be a bit more inventive with their kills. :)

Story Update
The town awoke to an ear piercing shriek the next morning. They all climbed out of bed, except for a few of the heavy sleepers, and rushed over to see what had happened. Smoke was pouring out of the second story window of the town hall. A few seconds later, someone jumped out of the flames and to the ground. Calls went out for the doctor, but he was nowhere to be found, or did not wish to reveal himself. The body writhed in pain before lying lifeless on the ground, in a smoldering mass of flesh.
Budja, Mayor, killed with night 1.
The town took a head count and soon found that one person was missing: Sir Leroy III. They ran to his house. In the entry hall was a bloody knife. As they approached the bedroom, they heard dreadful moans. Fortunately, Sir Leroy was alive; his right side had been completely fixed by the doctor where the knife had entered. The culprit was nowhere to be found.
After all the excitement had ended, the town walked over to the pedastol to find that four notes had been left overnight. With the mayor dead, another townsperson picked up the first and read it aloud, "so you think purple pineapple is just screwing with your heads? you are so wrong, and if you don't do anything soon you will regret it; hehe" As the town murmered over the significance of this, he read off the next three:
Ok, seriously. I'm just screwing with your minds. Is that so hard to see? But what the heck are you voting me for, it's pointless. Or is it... :shifty:
-PP

and
Why are you so blind and stupid? Why would PP just make up some anonymous player? There is one. And it's not PP. It's me. But who I am, you will not know until the end of the game. But stop voting me, because I'm on your side! I mean, I have not done anything to you...
/Anonymous1

and
We both know that you are not a mafia member. Just stop acting like this, because they will lynch you.

Have a nice day

All notes having been read exactly, down to the punctuation, the town walked over to town square to deliberate. (The town hall burned down, remember?)

Spoiler: players alive (click to show/hide)

With 12 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 19:29:33 by Purple Pineapple »
Lurk more.

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 07, 2010, 19:53:09 »
I love you, Doctor, whoever you are. And I have a sneaking suspicion who it may be... (eyebrow raise)

I love how there are two anonymous players now. That's so fantastic.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Bluh bluh. I have this thing now.

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2010, 20:04:12 »
Waitaminute.. Mayor? This game is just getting silly now. PP, what exactly could the Mayor do? And why wasn't he included in possible roles?

« Reply #157 on: February 07, 2010, 20:19:06 »
The mayor could roleclaim mayor, and pretend like it was some fancy role that would win the game. Other than that, normal townie.
Lurk more.

Offline RunMan

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 07, 2010, 20:22:53 »
I wonder how my call became a public note. Anonymous player has to be telephone company worker! :whoa:

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2010, 20:27:26 »
I would like runman to tell us who he knows is not a mafia member, and how he knows this.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline kaizoman666

• I'm a flasher.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #160 on: February 07, 2010, 21:07:10 »
Now that I think about it, it is now less likely that Mocha/Sir Leroy is a Mafia member. Obviously, a Mafia member wouldn't stab each other, would they (unless, of course, this is their plan)? The only way he could be a Mafia member now is if the person who stabbed him was the Serial Killer.
:hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:

Offline RunMan

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 07, 2010, 21:43:25 »
Does Serial Killers know who is Mafia Member or not?
I didn't know that they would be able to kill 2 people per night

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 07, 2010, 21:57:52 »
Does Serial Killers know who is Mafia Member or not?
I didn't know that they would be able to kill 2 people per night

Serial Killers are seperate from the mafia, and are a solo-role withig the town; their goal is to be the soul-survivor.

So, alas, I have no alibi for the night. Thanks a lot, PP.

..I keep saying alibi because I've been playing Phoenix Wright way too much.

Offline RunMan

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 07, 2010, 22:03:51 »
PP made me looking very suspicious after showing public my phone call.

Well,
Thanks a lot, PP.

Offline RunMan

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 07, 2010, 22:09:13 »
Ahh. Sorry then :(