Mafia 9 - Night 5

• 414 Replies

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 9 - Day 1 (Ends Feb 6, 00:00:00 GMT)
« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2010, 01:08:24 »
Quote from: Exp HP
It only assists scum.
You're forgetting something.
forgetting what exactly?
There are two enemy parties that have each other to worry about.
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2010, 01:23:41 »
So what, they will be killing town too.
 If you suspect someone else of having a power role you shouldn't out them without a very, very good reason.

@jimj, wrong. Attacking people and searching for scum is what the town are supposed to do (provided your reasons are ok).

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2010, 01:47:59 »
They would be fools to follow the hunch of an autistic kid like I, even if it were my honest opinion.
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2010, 03:03:34 »
PP has a new sig.  I'd make a sarcastic retort about it, but I'm starting to feel like the joke's simply on whoever points these things out.

...Eh, what the hell.

--!> Makes a witty remark about PP's signature. /--

Offline NESgamer190

• X-com's nightmare: Chryssalid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2010, 03:20:54 »
Apologies about being late, but in the art of making pie, one must be patient.  I do apologize about giving out little information, but with day one, I've still got to learn how to gut out efficient information from peoples' responses, and even then, several people go inactive now and then (maybe they got splattered by a burnout pie).  As for vote, I hate to say it, but I'm outright pathetic at garnerning data out of emotions.
Unretired.
http://nesgamer7190.deviantart.com/ (My DeviantArt Account.  Behold my not too good artistics.)
  (Mafia 9 pie maniac)

I really have nothing going for me for creative signatures.

« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2010, 04:12:16 »
Purple Pineapple still has not denied being a player in the game.  But now that there's a time limit, I don't want to waste my vote on him; I'm worried that we'll be denied the chance to revote if he isn't a player (thus wasting the lynch).
If someone is lynched, the day ends. If someone isn't, the day goes on. Simple as that.

Vote update
Sir Leroy III (1): Exp HP
Purple Pineapple (2): Razzorman, Dataflashsabot
Exp HP (3): Budja, RunMan, Sir Leroy III
kaizoman666 (1): StraightFlame
Dataflashsabot (1): Lunar_Tick

Story update
As they settled down to dispute, Exp HP loadly cleared his throat. And asked whether or not Sir Leroy III had properly submitted his vote, which he had. Salmoneous believed the town had suffered greatly, what with two people voting a deity. Exp HP popped back up to give a lengthy analysis of the general population, when Budja began shushing him. Exp HP then noted something about a signature, which was only recently added to be able to participate in a certain avatar rating game of the lesser mortals. NESgamer rushed in the door at that point, mumbling something about the art of pie making.
Lurk more.

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2010, 04:51:58 »
Well, as long as it won't hurt to try...

Unvote: Sir Leroy III
Vote: Purple Pineapple

I feel really uncomfortable with those votes on me, though.  If anybody is reconsidering their vote, I'd really appreciate it if they did so soon.
[/whining]
Or if somebody else really thinks I'm scum, I guess they might as well contribute to the hammer and finish me off.  I'm disappointed that I've already gotten three enemies, but apparently I have, and I don't think I'll be able to get them to trust me for the rest of the game.

When the game started, I didn't expect I would make it past night 1, anyways.  I'm like a lightning rod.  I talk too much, and so I command a lot of attention, and that gets me in trouble in a game like this. :moody:

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 9 - Day 1
« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2010, 09:06:46 »
@Sir Leroy III

1) Oh, wow. That's clever. Not referring to my statements. Bravo.

If I remember correctly, neither did you, so I'm filing this under hypocrisy/pointless bashing.
Anyways, I can refer to them right now.
No way for the call to go through, no anonymous player, and PP can't play since he/she will overhear all of conversations. Consider the matter at hand solved.
That is assuming that PP's role has nothing to do with the phone calls, and/or that it is a balanced and fair role.
I'd rather stay open to both possibilities than to pretend that one isn't possible.

2)I spent my entire post disproving the anonymous player thing. So, quite frankly, YOU SIR are the one who brought it up again.
I was talking about the post where you shout that no anonymous player exists, in all caps.

@Exp HP

Razzorman hasn't been suspicious to me either.  In fact, I see him as the most likely candidate for investigator.
Role fishing. In my experiance, that is a pretty good scum-tell.
(Get it, because his name is Exp HP... What, no? Well, whatever. You're lame. )

Mochaalatte
Lunar_Tick
Budja
RunMan
Dataflashsabot (very slightly)
All inactive players, except for Mocha and budja, who only seem to be there because they are suspicious of you.

I vote:Exp HP.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline RunMan

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2010, 11:17:52 »
Sorry for me, being inactive. I have never played Mafia before, so I am little confused right now. Anyway I try to follow the thread.

Exp HP, I am curious how did you find out, who is who, after reading few posts (which were mainly focused on suspecting PP). I don't like they way how you accuse people of being mafia member / power role.

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 05, 2010, 11:20:56 »
Sweet.

@Exp HP, talking a lot is generally good. Scummy behaviour is not.
If you want to live, find me a better target.

@NES, be more assertive. Pick a few fights :P.

@all, what do you think of Exp's role speculation, scummy, townie, anti-town, null, etc?

Offline RunMan

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 05, 2010, 11:40:30 »
I am really unsure about his role. At first I was thinking that he is definetely anti-town, but now I have doubts about it. Anyways, I won't change my vote.

Offline kaizoman666

• I'm a flasher.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #146 on: February 05, 2010, 15:55:29 »
Vote: Exp HP

I think Runman and Razzor may be right, and that Exp HP is pulling roles out of the blue as if he's trying to direct votes on certain people. So, being the most scummy here, I'm going with him.
:hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:

Offline Lunar_Tick

• "Do not disturb my circles"
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2010, 18:17:57 »
To summarize, here's the list of players that I don't trust (in descending order):
Mochaalatte
Lunar_Tick
[...]
@Exp HP: Have you read the Mafia 8 thread?

Still you chose to play, so I still want to hear your take.
Don't remind me.
Sorry, I'm kinda drained at the moment. And this game seems dominated by crazy spewings.

WHY are we all voting for Exp HP?

Purple Pineapple
Let's do an experiment. I mean, I don't see how that would hurt seeing we don't have a time limit.

Vote: Exp HP
So, being the most scummy here, I'm going with him.
Why is he the most scummy? He just said his opinion. Yeah, it was mostly random, but your post looks like a very poorly disguised bandwagon jump to me.

I am really unsure about his role. At first I was thinking that he is definetely anti-town, but now I have doubts about it. Anyways, I won't change my vote.
If you feel someone is town, don't vote for them. Taking back your vote isn't wishy-washy and scummy. Putting it on without good reason is.
Νίψον ἀνομήματα μὴ μόναν ὄψιν

Offline kaizoman666

• I'm a flasher.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #148 on: February 05, 2010, 18:47:56 »
Yeah, it was mostly random, but your post looks like a very poorly disguised bandwagon jump to me.
Well, I'll admit, it kind of was random, but I wasn't jumping on the bandwagon.. But the day is ending in less than 7 hours. I'm pretty sure we should make some decisions now.
:hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 05, 2010, 19:54:08 »
I think that we defiantly need to start voting here. And while no-one seems very suspicious at all to me, I most suspect Sir Leroy III (but not much), and therefore shall vote for him.

5 hours and 7 minutes till night 1, FYI. get voting.

Spoiler: RAEV TIEM! (click to show/hide)