Mafia 9 - Night 5

• 414 Replies

Offline kaizoman666

• I'm a flasher.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
Re: Mafia 9 - Day 1 (Ends Feb 6, 00:00:00 GMT)
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2010, 23:53:00 »
Please, people, PP and anonymous can wait. Lets just get back to checking each other for scum. <_<
:hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2010, 00:49:17 »
Its a lesson in psychology that people are much more willing to fill the thread with randomness and information analysis than attacks/pressure.
---
Whatever the case may be for this game, it can wait.

Kaz is wishy-washy again.
Exp (and half the game) are over-focusing on IIoA (information over analysis).
Razz, put your money where your mouth is, scumhunt.
Lunar, possibly, I don't know PP's mafia knowledge outside this forum. Still you chose to play, so I still want to hear your take.

I agree with Mocha, who looks reasonably sane, on this one .

Quote from: Mocha
..he opens up an irrational topic for discussion, based off of people's eventual worry for an additional player- the perfect alibi for scum.
Now, I know what you're thinking- but take this into consideration said "anonymous player", if existent, has done nothing to cause the town trouble- and will only be revealed if he decides to vote.
For that I shift my vote to: Exp HP!

So vote Exp HP!

« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2010, 01:18:24 »
I don't know PP's mafia knowledge outside this forum.
Virtually none. Now you do.

Vote update
Sir Leroy III (2): Exp HP, Sir Leroy III
Purple Pineapple (2): Razzorman, Dataflashsabot
Exp HP (2): Budja, RunMan
kaizoman666 (1): StraightFlame
Dataflashsabot (1): Lunar_Tick

Story update
Exp HP believed as well there was some purpose for them, but avoid anything of much use. He instead began dancing like a moron. After a while he stopped and squatted down to write "Hello world!" in the dirt. As the bugs began to attack his writing, he picked them off on by one and ate them. Razzorman, Lunar_Tick, and kaizoman666 fell into mutual agreement that they should invest in more secular strategies.
Lurk more.

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2010, 02:56:41 »
PP... I unvote(d): myself, and vote(d): Exp HP.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Bluh bluh. I have this thing now.

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2010, 07:02:57 »
PP... I unvote(d): myself, and vote(d): Exp HP.
--!> Inquires Sir Leroy about whether or not he's sure he did it right. /--

--!> Clears throat. /--
*ahem*
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2010, 10:27:52 »
NO, SHUT UP. THERE'S NO MYSTERY PERSON. YOU'VE CLEARLY IGNORED MY STATEMENTS.

Not so, my lordship. I cleverly disagreed with your statements.
You sir, however, seem to have ignored my statement about ignoring the anonymous player until we know what PP can do with it.
Why are you bringing it back up when most have moved on? You seem very convinced that PP isn't playing, so why do you keep arguing about it?
FOS: Sir Leroy III
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline RunMan

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2010, 18:10:41 »
He doesn't have 2 votes, 2 players have voted on him... :)

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2010, 22:51:00 »
NO, SHUT UP. THERE'S NO MYSTERY PERSON. YOU'VE CLEARLY IGNORED MY STATEMENTS.

1)Not so, my lordship. I cleverly disagreed with your statements.
2)You sir, however, seem to have ignored my statement about ignoring the anonymous player until we know what PP can do with it.
3)Why are you bringing it back up when most have moved on? You seem very convinced that PP isn't playing, so why do you keep arguing about it?
FOS: Sir Leroy III

1) Oh, wow. That's clever. Not referring to my statements. Bravo.
2)I spent my entire post disproving the anonymous player thing. So, quite frankly, YOU SIR are the one who brought it up again.
3) "Most of us"? how can you even say that when "most of us" are inactive? Also, how can I "keep arguing about it" when barley any posts have passed from the time the suspicion started?
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Bluh bluh. I have this thing now.

Offline Shawnachu

• Contemplating
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2010, 23:57:13 »
Razzorman, I think you completely ignored what Mocha just said. Let's wait until Night 1 when we actually have some evidence about this anonymous player.

NES hasn't posted in a while; thoughts?

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 05, 2010, 00:18:58 »
Here's my 0.02$ on everybody:

Purple Pineapple still has not denied being a player in the game.  But now that there's a time limit, I don't want to waste my vote on him; I'm worried that we'll be denied the chance to revote if he isn't a player (thus wasting the lynch).

I still suspect Sir Leroy/Mochaalatte.  Ever since I FoS'ed him, everything he wrote has either been claims against me or attempts to disprove theories I brought up.  He wants me dead, and I think it's because I'm wary of him.  I also do not see his reasoning behind how the failed call proves that there is no 14th player; that conclusion seems out of the blue to me, but maybe he can explain.

Budja has been against me from the beginning of the game, but I don't see any good reason to be suspicious of him.  A few other people seem a bit wary of me, so his suspicions very well may be genuine.

kaizoman666 has been posting a lot, but I'd really be surprised if he isn't a regular townie.  He does not appear to be a power role of any sort, good or bad.

Razzorman hasn't been suspicious to me either.  In fact, I see him as the most likely candidate for investigator.

jimj316's votes have coincided with mine quite a bit, but he has undone his vote whenever uncertainty arises.  He doesn't want to vote wrong.  This is IMO most likely just because he's new to mafia.

As for the less active:

Salmoneus has made two posts, and he does not appear to be following the thread very well.

Shawnachu has made two three posts, and has said little of interest... or of value.  He's reading the tread, but not saying much.  Okay, I just got ninja'd by him.
I think he could either be a townie or the doctor.

StraightFlame also only made two posts (where he voted kaizoman666), and neither was indicative of any significant interest in the game (meaning he's most likely a garden-variety townie).

RunMan made two posts.  The first implies he knows something we don't, and if that's the case (and the knowledge is something he learned fairly), then I don't appreciate the fact that he's not speaking up.  However, because he joined late, it's possible that there are circumstances surrounding this.

Dataflashsabot made one post, and it was a "might as well" vote against PP.  This sort of thing is typical for players on any side, so I'm neither inclined to call him good nor bad.

NESgamer190 made one post, where he FoS'ed kaizoman for rule-breaking.  I wish I had more to work with.

Lunar_Tick has only made one post, and while he said more than just nothing, he didn't say anything of much debate.  I'm a bit suspicious about the fact he's being so quiet (and something tells me he'll speak up more day 2), but it's not worth looking into him right now.  Frankly, I think the game will be more interesting when he starts speaking, anyways.

It would really help if the quiet players started speaking up more.

To summarize, here's the list of players that I don't trust (in descending order):
Mochaalatte
Lunar_Tick
Budja
RunMan
Dataflashsabot (very slightly)

I will continue to hold my vote on Leroy.
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline Budja

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2010, 00:48:47 »
Heres a tip to you Exp, if you think someone is a power role, DON'T SAY SO!!! It only assists scum.

@Exp, why is attacking you a scummy move?

---

Anyway, I really don't like the whole PR-speculation in the last post. My vote stays.

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 05, 2010, 00:54:13 »
It only assists scum.
You're forgetting something.

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2010, 01:02:18 »
@Exp, why is attacking you a scummy move?
I'd say (through my limited understanding of the subject) that attacking anyone is a scummy move, as it is trying to shift the FoS onto someone else, and away from yourself.
Please tell me if I'm wrong, as that is about all I know about how to spot scum!
ah, ninja'd:
It only assists scum.
You're forgetting something.
forgetting what exactly?

Spoiler: RAEV TIEM! (click to show/hide)

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2010, 01:04:24 »
sorry, ninja'd is in the wrong place. I want mah edits back!

Spoiler: RAEV TIEM! (click to show/hide)