Mafia 9 - Night 5

• 414 Replies

Offline kaizoman666

• I'm a flasher.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
Re: Mafia 9 - Day 1
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2010, 21:07:59 »
P.S. how come I still haven't made it into the story yet? neearly everyone else has...*sniff*  :sad:
Probably because you haven't done anything major.

Loosely-held-together-reasoning?  Your posts so far have been the very embodiment of a Jester, right down to voting yourself.
If a Jester win is exclusive, it is generally accepted that the mod should warn the players that the role exists in the game.
If there is a Jester, PP has to tell us now.
:hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2010, 23:11:59 »
(looks at vote count)
Sir Leroy unvoted himself, and I haven't actually voted for him yet.  I just pointed.  So I think the votecount for him in that post should be 1 vote (jimj316).

But his response doesn't feel genuine to me.  So I will make mine official, and
Vote:Sir Leroy

Gaaah, Ninja'd by Leroy.

..."genuine?"

..yeah that's it. I really can't think of much to say.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Bluh bluh. I have this thing now.

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2010, 00:58:51 »
I only really voted Sir Leroy to prove I was active, and to get the game going.
and since I don't currently suspect anyone (except PP, a bit), I unvote until more info develops.

Spoiler: RAEV TIEM! (click to show/hide)

« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2010, 01:24:57 »
However, if calls go through, I'd suppose that that means someone has to be on the other end to pick it up,eh? (Eyeshift towards narrator god)
[/quote]
Eyeshift right back at ya. ;)

I think I may have found something:
Quote from: Purple Pineapple link=topic=2642.msg30175#msg30175
Roles (susceptible to change)
what does that mean? while the game is playing? that would mean that Exp HP could (potentially) be a jester, or have started off with a listed role, but then became a jester.
But, if I were PP and I was going to change someone's role to confuse everybody, I would do it later in the game than day 1.
Nothing in the spoilers of previous "stages" in the game has been changed. That's what it read at the beginning.

If there is a Jester, PP has to tell us now.
Granted.

Vote update
Sir Leroy III (1): Exp HP
Purple Pineapple (2): Razzorman, Dataflashsabot
Exp HP (2): Budja, RunMan
kaizoman666 (1): StraightFlame
Lurk more.

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2010, 01:48:18 »
So I take it that means there is no Jester?
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2010, 01:50:44 »
What do I look like? A logic tutor?
Lurk more.

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2010, 01:54:07 »
No, you look like the kind of meal that eats you before you get a chance eat it.
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline kaizoman666

• I'm a flasher.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2010, 02:22:24 »
Well, I think it might be a good idea to get back on the topic of the day... I'd rather not go on for several weeks trying to figure out what the hell PP is trying to say/not say.

We should at least investigate other people as well. :ponto:

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2010, 02:27:42 »

*Hand swish*
HOLD IT!

Well, PP. I must say, you've set am admirable little game here. You've simply let the entire community of players scurry around, trying to figure out what was probably a mistype by you. Need I say it?

With 14 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Yes, a mathematical error. In my knowledge, there's nothing that says you have to change any typos you make; but it's a physical impossibility for 7 people to be the majority of 14.

Then, Exp HP decided to take it the extra mile. By following up on Razzorman's paranoia:
I vote: Purple Pineapple, just in case.
Based off of his own suspicions:
Please tell me the mod isn't secretly playing this one...

..he opens up an irrational topic for discussion, based off of people's eventual worry for an additional player- the perfect alibi for scum.
Now, I know what you're thinking- but take this into consideration said "anonymous player", if existent, has done nothing to cause the town trouble- and will only be revealed if he decides to vote.
For that I shift my vote to: Exp HP!

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 03, 2010, 02:29:25 »
Crap, I forgot a comma. Now I'm going to hate myself for not checking for grammatical errors.

Offline kaizoman666

• I'm a flasher.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2010, 02:32:21 »
..he opens up an irrational topic for discussion, based off of people's eventual worry for an additional player- the perfect alibi for scum.

Well, if that is true, PP would have to be playing along with this to keep us from finding anything else. So once again, we'd get back on the subject of PP not telling us everything.

Offline kaizoman666

• I'm a flasher.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2010, 02:33:53 »
...Also, why does it seem like Mocha, PP, Exp, (maybe jimj) and I are the only ones really playing? What happened to the other 8+ people?

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2010, 02:45:08 »

Well, if that is true, PP would have to be playing along with this to keep us from finding anything else. So once again, we'd get back on the subject of PP not telling us everything.

Why would he have to play along when we're pretty much his autopilot for the ordeal? As for PP not telling us if there is or not an anonymous player, like I said, he doesn't have to keep us updated on much except for the vote count.

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2010, 02:53:33 »
If you want to know why I bothered to vote for anonymous, it was because, as I mentioned, this was looking like a repeat of the last mafia game I played (and we really had to experiment in that game, because there were plenty of strange circumstances with unusual conditions for revelations; voting for anonymous in that game made him start speaking "through the mod" :huh: ).

When Purple Pineapple responded (inconclusively  >( ), I shifted my vote back to him.  The vote had served its purpose.

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2010, 03:01:07 »
If you want to know why I bothered to vote for anonymous, it was because, as I mentioned, this was looking like a repeat of the last mafia game I played (and we really had to experiment in that game, because there were plenty of strange circumstances with unusual conditions for revelations; voting for anonymous in that game made him start speaking "through the mod" :huh: ).

When Purple Pineapple responded (inconclusively  >( ), I shifted my vote back to him.  The vote had served its purpose.

..and yet the conversation goes on. My point isn't on the vote itself, but the conversation caused by it.