Mafia 9 - Night 5

• 414 Replies

Offline kaizoman666

• I'm a flasher.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
Re: Mafia 9 - Day 1
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2010, 19:25:45 »
How about the Scooby Doo plotline, where the second introductory character, not including the main character (PP in this case), is always the culprit?  X)

SO IT WAS YOU, EXP!!!
Just kidding.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 19:27:24 by kaizoman666 »
:hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar::hiddenstar:

Offline NESgamer190

• X-com's nightmare: Chryssalid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2010, 22:04:30 »
Kaizo, I think it's a big shame you EDITED your post, so you win a porcupine pie to slam yer face into, as I currently FOS Kaizoman.  (Editing your post in mafia is almost always frowned upon if memory serves well like pie does.)
Unretired.
http://nesgamer7190.deviantart.com/ (My DeviantArt Account.  Behold my not too good artistics.)
  (Mafia 9 pie maniac)

I really have nothing going for me for creative signatures.

Offline kaizoman666

• I'm a flasher.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2010, 22:28:22 »
Kaizo, I think it's a big shame you EDITED your post, so you win a porcupine pie to slam yer face into, as I currently FOS Kaizoman.  (Editing your post in mafia is almost always frowned upon if memory serves well like pie does.)
I edited it only to fix a few grammer mistakes that I missed. Thats why the "last edited" thing is only a few minutes after the original post.

Also, why are you making such a big deal about an edit to a post that isn't very important?

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2010, 22:56:15 »
How about the Scooby Doo plotline, where the second introductory character, not including the main character (PP in this case), is always the culprit?  X)

SO IT WAS YOU, EXP!!!
Just kidding.
omg how did u no?

What would you say if I told you, that I know who killed Dr Cliche?  :shifty:
FoS: RunMan
Don't tease us.  If you know something, say it.
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline Shawnachu

• Contemplating
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2010, 23:22:18 »
I'm here.

FoS: Kaizoman because an edit is an edit.

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2010, 23:32:31 »
I think I've found a big lead.  As much as I'd like to see PP lynched...
Unvote: Purple Pineapple
FoS: Mochaalatte/Sir Leroy III

I've figured out why Mochaalatte/Sir Leroy is acting like a fool.  It's not a joke, it's his strategy.  He's acting like a Jester. 

A Jester is a player whose win condition is to be lynched. There may be restrictions, such as a requirement that it be on the first day. Depending on the mod, a Jester win may or may not end the game or preclude the win conditions of any other group. Winning alone is considered an exclusive win.

The Jester can be considered neutral if the town can win even if the Jester is lynched. If the Jester wins exclusively, it is decidedly scum.

Jester is a rare role, and should be used with caution. If a Jester win is exclusive, it is generally accepted that the mod should warn the players that the role exists in the game. The role itself is opposed philosophically by many, because it effectively punishes the rest of the players for good play.

Judging from this, either he's the Jester and he wants us to lynch him so that he'll win (and we may lose as a result), or he's Mafia pretending to be the Jester so that we'll be too afraid to lynch him.
Either way, it's not good.
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline kaizoman666

• I'm a flasher.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2010, 23:48:30 »
Judging from this, either he's the Jester and he wants us to lynch him so that he'll win (and we may lose as a result), or he's Mafia pretending to be the Jester so that we'll be too afraid to lynch him.
Either way, it's not good.
But isn't PP supposed to tell us every role? Because Jester isn't there, meaning that Mocha would more likely be a Mafia member (if being a fool actually is his strategy).

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2010, 00:12:07 »
PP, I don't think you did a very good job explaining the phone system...

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2010, 00:14:14 »
But isn't PP supposed to tell us every role?
not likely, since we still don't know if PP is secretly playing or not.
(but that may just be me being paranoid)

Spoiler: RAEV TIEM! (click to show/hide)

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2010, 02:33:16 »
I think I've found a big lead.  As much as I'd like to see PP lynched...
Unvote: Purple Pineapple
FoS: Mochaalatte/Sir Leroy III

I've figured out why Mochaalatte/Sir Leroy is acting like a fool.  It's not a joke, it's his strategy.  He's acting like a Jester. 

Or maybe I like acting like a moron. Why? BECAUSE IT'S FUN. But whatever, I'll drop the act; however I prefer to be called Sir Leroy III in this particular Mafia game. But I still unvote: meself. There are currently waay to many suspicious people/ideas going around for me to even start to cast my vote; people such as Runman, Exp HP, PP, and the acclaimed "Anonymous Player". So yeah. There's way too much debating going on. We just need less suspects. But I suppose that's what makes Mafia fun, eh?  ;)

Also, I want to use shifty eyes.  :shifty: BWAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHA.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Bluh bluh. I have this thing now.

« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2010, 03:29:25 »
@mod, would lynching a player not in the game end the day?
You can't lynch someone who isn't playing. :shifty:

PP, I don't think you did a very good job explaining the phone system...
Tried to make it a bit clearer.

Vote update
Sir Leroy III (3): Sir Leroy III, jimj316, Exp HP
Purple Pineapple (2): Razzorman, Dataflashsabot
Exp HP (2): Budja, RunMan
kaizoman666 (1): StraightFlame

Story update
While he was doing that, Exp HP picked up his prior suspicion yet again, this time in the firm belief that there existed two hidden presences. StraightFlame, more down to earth began questioning kaizoman666's motives. RunMan went for Exp HP, but Dataflashsabot steered the game back into the unknown with yet another almighty accusation. kaizoman666 made the mistake of using his time machine to fix a gramatical mistake, and was consequentially hammered on by Shawnachu. Exp HP was taking a closer look at Leroy over in his little corner. Deciding it was purposeful madness, he directed his vote at Sir Leroy III. Realising someone was on his case, Leroy dropped the act, only to take up the eye rolling technique.
Lurk more.

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2010, 05:05:49 »
Uh.. PP? I unvoted myself....

I feel insecure with 2 random votes and one based off loosley-held-together reasoning.
(I say, shifting my eyes towards EXP HP, as if I'm expecting some sort of answer)

Also, the phone company feels nyeh. However, if calls go through, I'd suppose that that means someone has to be on the other end to pick it up,eh? (Eyeshift towards narrator god)
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Bluh bluh. I have this thing now.

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2010, 05:08:51 »
(looks at vote count)
Sir Leroy unvoted himself, and I haven't actually voted for him yet.  I just pointed.  So I think the votecount for him in that post should be 1 vote (jimj316).

But his response doesn't feel genuine to me.  So I will make mine official, and
Vote:Sir Leroy

Gaaah, Ninja'd by Leroy.

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2010, 05:11:50 »
I feel insecure with 2 random votes and one based off loosley-held-together reasoning.
(I say, shifting my eyes towards EXP HP, as if I'm expecting some sort of answer)
Loosely-held-together-reasoning?  Your posts so far have been the very embodiment of a Jester, right down to voting yourself.

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2010, 11:17:04 »
I think I may have found something:
Quote from: Purple Pineapple link=topic=2642.msg30175#msg30175
Roles (susceptible to change)
what does that mean? while the game is playing? that would mean that Exp HP could (potentially) be a jester, or have started off with a listed role, but then became a jester.
But, if I were PP and I was going to change someone's role to confuse everybody, I would do it later in the game than day 1.
PP is looking ever more suspicious... :huh:

P.S. how come I still haven't made it into the story yet? neearly everyone else has...*sniff*  :sad:

Spoiler: RAEV TIEM! (click to show/hide)