Question about a song in Gaia

• 4 Replies

Offline Healy

• View Profile
Question about a song in Gaia
« on: June 24, 2010, 11:08:37 »
There's a jaunty little tune that plays in the pirate filled portion of the map (at least in 1.5, not sure about the latest version.) Would it okay if I used it? And who wrote it anyway? (okay, that's two questions.)

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: Question about a song in Gaia
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 06:09:02 »
It's Era (Part 4) by Krasheninnikoff. It is apparently copyright free, but the artist has become inactive and the music is missing from the site they gave it away on. There is a Jon Krasheninnikoff Skarin with a song Era which I have found listed as "Part 1." I can't find mention of any other parts or licensing information. I'm not sure if it's the same person. There are listings on Last.fm, but the tracks are unavailable.

My guess is Jon Krasheninnikoff Skarin is the same Krasheninnikoff, and he has removed his early work because it doesn't meet his current standards for himself. You could contact him or just use it. Once copyright free = always copyright free doesn't it?

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 01:50:22 »
I have another song question about Gaia. in the data folder, a piano solo by the name of song 253 resides. What is the name of this song? I want to learn it on the piano if I can find the sheet music.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 01:58:12 by Mr. Macduggan »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 11:43:34 »
The track is Butterfly by Christian Lindquist. You can find information about him here. His music is available for free at his own site, Solo Piano Diary. I didn't see any sheet music, but I didn't look too hard.

If anyone has more track questions, this is how I find this information. Open the file with a program that can handle .ogg files. Then, look at the tag information. I use the VLC media player which is open source and free. The tag information appears in the status bar.

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 00:43:07 »
On his website it says it's improvised  XD definitely no sheet music anywhere!
Oh well. I'll attempt to transcribe it. <_<
EDIT: done! I like how It turned out, although it isn't an exact copy, that's just because a vibraphone only has 2 sticks at once as opposed to the 10 fingers a pianist has (even though the arrangement still works fine on Piano too, its just really easy). Anyway, so I attached a link to the music if anyone is interested.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 21:17:25 by Mr. Macduggan »