temporarily remove powers

• 9 Replies

Offline jwei44

• View Profile
temporarily remove powers
« on: June 02, 2009, 00:50:14 »
I want to make a dungeon where you lose a power or powers when you enter but get back when you leave. Possible?

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
Re: temporarily remove powers
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 00:59:56 »
Yes, it certainly is. Use shifts. In the KS manager (no idea what to do if you use the .ini) Select the shift you're using and choose the power you want to take away in the "Flag off" box. For example if you want to remove highjump, select "Item off=Highjump" to take away highjump. As for giving powers back, use the "Flag on" box. You can only take away and give back one power per shift though, so if you want to give/take multiple powers you need multiple shifts.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 02:32:43 »
BTW, its recomendible that you dont put off the umbrella cause if someone have the umbrella on when pass the shift, it will ocour the "Umbrella Glitch"  :O.
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 02:50:08 »
To clarify, if someone has the umbrella open when it's supposed to be taken away, it will still be open after the shift even though the player doesn't have it. To avoid this, use a setup like in the attached picture. The player will die if the umbrella is open.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline TechnoGeek

• My new project, Notroid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 03:31:46 »
BTW, its recomendible that you dont put off the umbrella cause if someone have the umbrella on when pass the shift, it will ocour the "Umbrella Glitch"  :O.
I believe there's a hologram glitch the same way.
Spoiler: Technogeek's Signature (click to show/hide)

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 09:33:25 »
I believe there's a hologram glitch the same way.

If I remember correctly, the Hologram and the Radar will still be usable even if turned off; it's not as problematic as turning off the Umbrella while open though. I haven't checked with the latest version of Knytt Stories, Nifflas might have fixed them: anyone who knows?
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 01:53:53 »
To clarify, if someone has the umbrella open when it's supposed to be taken away, it will still be open after the shift even though the player doesn't have it. To avoid this, use a setup like in the attached picture. The player will die if the umbrella is open.
You can probably still get past that. Try making the row of spikes two squares longer.
Lurk more.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 16:59:37 »
Or place the shift in the stream.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 17:01:21 »
I did that in my breadworld level.
Lurk more.

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 22:28:53 »
Or place the shift in the stream.
Yeah, that should work. My bad. :oops:

Check out my tilesets!