The Music Compendium

• 4 Replies

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
The Music Compendium
« on: February 05, 2010, 11:40:38 »
When creating credits for my first level I discovered I didn't know which default songs were made by which musicians. After an exhaustive search of this forum and Nifflas' own site, I still didn't know. Then, in a dream actually, I discovered the answer to my problem. The files themselves may contain the information. Indeed they do.

For future reference, all default music and atmosphere is named and attributed in the files themselves. I realize not everyone can play ogg files --I use vlc to play and convert. So, I'm listing the info below. I know there are capitalization mistakes (are the rules different in other languages?) These are written as in the files.

Spoiler: song info (click to show/hide)

When I added ambiance to my first level, I carefully listened to each file and wrote down my best guess of what each one was. If I had known they had descriptive names I could have saved myself the effort.

Spoiler: ambi info (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 11:50:45 by egomassive »

Offline RunMan

• View Profile
Re: The Music Compendium
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 11:45:00 »
You could also find information about authors on Last.fm

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 18:43:24 »
You don't need to credit any of the default music or ambiance though. Same thing goes for tilesets.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 20:07:49 »
According to this you have to credit default tilesets and music.

originally written by Nifflas...
What you need to do for your level before you submit it

Giving credits
If you use tilesets or music in your level that you have not made (including that what came with the game) you'll have to give credits for it. Where you do it, is not really important, as long as you give credits. Can it be in the beginning after you pressed new game, in the intro sequence or in the end sequence, thats up to you, but make sure that you credit the people.

see the whole article here: About KS Level Submissions
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 20:09:51 by egomassive »

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 21:23:02 »
Well, okay then. I might have forgotten about that, since nobody ever does it. :P
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D