Co Request

• 10 Replies

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
Co Request
« on: August 06, 2009, 01:07:02 »
Hello everyone at the nifflas forum :D i need a CO i'd do it my self but im terrible at massive objects :S anyways i need two of them, a full screen mask of a sand storm slightly transparent, and another mask of a wind motion thing (hard to describe) like maybe some sand flowing in the wind or dust, some dried leaves maybe? (keep in mind its for a desert so no paper and trash and such)

Anyways whoever can make me these will be credited in the level (which is seckrit at the moment)

Re: Co Request
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 02:36:42 »
Wow.. ambitious. Any pictures of how you'd like it to look? Is it a sand wave? A sand wind? A sand tornado?
Lurk more.

Offline Didriking

• The King of Umbrellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 09:33:22 »
It probably wouldn't gather the same effect, but isn't there already a wind object in teh deafult KS bank? Couldn't you use that?
-place holder-

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 16:23:45 »
Also, please note that when you're using a full-screen animation (as what you're suggesting) it might seriously lag games on a low-end system. That would mean that those people cannot play your game because it starts to lag too much. You can also make smaller animations and use multiple of them at a screen.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 18:40:06 »
Also, please note that when you're using a full-screen animation (as what you're suggesting) it might seriously lag games on a low-end system. That would mean that those people cannot play your game because it starts to lag too much. You can also make smaller animations and use multiple of them at a screen.

I've noticed that multiple OC's seem to lack a screen more than one big one...
I assume it has to do with loading so many different objects instead of one?
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 19:59:31 »
Thats also possible.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 01:23:52 »
i want the sand storm to be like a wall like as if your in the middle and all you see is sand, even just 4 or 5 frames of film grain could achieve the effect but im not sure how to make it transparent and make it a different colour etc. etc.  X)

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 09:06:36 »

Then how about have a couple larger ones? Like four big ones that take up one quarter of the screen each? :huh:
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 18:38:13 »
as long as it works XD

Offline JC Grim the 'crete reaper

• I might be sick, broken, torn to pieces...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 19:33:13 »

Then how about have a couple larger ones? Like four big ones that take up one quarter of the screen each? :huh:

I, Personally, have never had lag from putting one big CO on the screen. I've experimented with it multiple times and never have I had a problem other than that short second it takes to render the COs. You'd be better off making one big one instead of trying to break it down into four...
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

- George Orwell

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 20:32:23 »
I personally would break it into 5*5 squares. Easier to animate, but doesn't look too repetitive.
Lurk more.