New intro and Ending?

• 9 Replies

Offline syeager

• View Profile
New intro and Ending?
« on: November 07, 2009, 17:16:11 »
I want to make an intro that isn't Level Start or ending that's You Win. Can someone help me with that?

Offline syeager

• View Profile
Re: New intro and Ending?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 18:04:28 »
I want to know how to make endings and intro's. Not how to put them on the level.

Offline Emeraldfire7

• LoZ FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 19:32:14 »
go into the level folder itself and open the existing scene in "intro"/"ending" folders inpaint/Gimp/paint.net etc. save all the new ones as "Scene2" "Scene3" "Scene4" and so on, withought quotes though :P2

im sure its explained somewhere but im too lazy to find it and link it XD

if you have a hard time opening the level folder open up the editor go to "level", in the tool bar and select "level folder" it'll open up the level folder :)

good luck :P2

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 19:54:02 »
The ending/intro/any cutscene for that matter are all just 600*240 png images.
Lurk more.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 00:01:24 »
And to make it even more clear: The intro and ending are just cutscenes. The intro cutscene is triggered if a cutscene with the name intro exists. The same applies for the ending one.

In order to make more than one ending, put a wintile and a shift ontop of eachother, and in the shift define which cutscene to play.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline syeager

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 00:05:37 »
Thanks for the last information. I'm also trying out something from another reply currently.

Offline syeager

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 21:46:25 »
I would love it if someone would keep trying to help.  :nuts:

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 23:39:24 »
I would love it if someone would keep trying to help.  :nuts:
I think we've already said everything there is to say.  Is there something specific you're having trouble with?

In any case, I'll summarize the process:

1. In an image editing program (like Paint, or GIMP, or Photoshop, or whatever you like to use), create the images to use in the slideshow.  They must be 600x240 px in size.
2. Use KSManager to add the images to the Cutscene
2b. OR, if you don't want to use KSManager, you can just save the images under the naming scheme Scene1.PNG, Scene2.PNG, etc. into the Intro or Ending folder of your level.

That's it.

EDIT: Oh, wait, nobody mentioned sound yet.
You can set music or ambience by changing the numbers under [Cutscene Music] in World.ini (add an "a" after the number to make it ambiance, for example "Intro=14a").
You can add sound effects by making .ogg files for the sound effects, then you can add them to a scene with KSM... OR you can put the file in the folder and give it the same name as the scene you want it to play (for instance, Scene1.ogg for scene 1, etc.).
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 23:45:41 by Exp HP »
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 23:51:07 »
They must be 600x240 px in size.
Actually, they don't have to be 600x240. They can be smaller than that too, but then you will get a nasty white border around your image, and it will be placed in the upper left of the screen.
Its generally good practice to have your custscenes in 600x240 though. I'm just clarifying.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D