Vansinnet EP

• 9 Replies
Vansinnet EP
« on: December 29, 2009, 13:16:20 »
Another way to show people our music  ;)

Alternative/progressive rock from nifflas hometown myspace.com/vansinnet

Offline Vinterrun

• Schniggedi Schnapp die Daumen sind ab!
    • View Profile
Re: Vansinnet EP
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 14:49:31 »
Sounds very innovative, that`s fine.
I´m not a fan of electronical influences in music (well... okay I love Valravn) but it`s quite interesting music. Keep it up Mrs. Basists
under re-construction:

Coming late:

Starwale *pun*

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 20:11:25 »
Thank You!

Offline Vinterrun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 12:50:58 »
Give me a hint Elmer,
I have no idea why everybody is using english instead of his or her motherlanguage sining a song.

everything I do is in my motherlanguage (or in norwegian cause I have some project with other people from norway).
However, this is a serious question! As far as I know you are not the lead vocalist, but it would be nice to get an answer anyways.

under re-construction:

Coming late:

Starwale *pun*

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 14:06:08 »
I have no idea why everybody is using english instead of his or her motherlanguage sining a song.
Its so you won't be restricted to one audience. If you sing in English, people from more than just one country can understand your songs, and thus, more people will listen to your music.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 13:22:45 by Razzorman »
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Vinterrun

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 03:50:38 »
In my vision, music has to be an transmitting mix of art, creativity and philosophy.
Good music is always (partly) a message. And if you really have something worthfull to tell, you don`t have to wait for commercial success or for a big fan-comunity. You have to reach the people with the content. And if you really going forward to reach this small, rare and exklusive group of persons, who are really up to understand your work, you should not mind about limitation of language.
Indeed, the hearers have to go much more deeper into the materie if they have to translate your words first. That`s, overall, my opinion to language in music. To express yourself in the best way, you have to use a language wich is completely in your mind. Further it has something to do with being faithfull to your own person and heritage (without going into a political area).
under re-construction:

Coming late:

Starwale *pun*

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 20:12:02 »
Well, yeah, but a lot of people are fluent enough in English to be able to write songs in it, and if you want to convey a message, it's probably easier to do it in a language that a lot of people understand, and is relatively international.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Didriking

• The King of Umbrellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 11:59:55 »
I for one prefer English over my native language, but hey.

I've listened to a lot of songs I haven't understood a word of, and some of them are up on my top 10 list. So it doesn't always have to matter.

None-the-less, I believe this is a bit off-topic.
-place holder-

Offline Vinterrun

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 18:58:51 »
Maybe a mod could move it to an extra topic? But the question itself was for Mrs. Elmer cause of her music anyways.
under re-construction:

Coming late:

Starwale *pun*

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 11:11:01 »
Well, i think that you almost get more training to express yourself in english because you hear it everywhere in the music you listen to, and the films you see and stuff. If i would take in as much culture in my native language (swedish) as i do in english, i think that i would write more in swedish.

btw, i'm a dude :whoa: