Rickard Andersson contact details/do I need to contact a tileset creator if...

• 7 Replies

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
... I want to make a window transparent so I can put it on layers 6 and 7? And if so, how can I contact Rickard Andersson? I couldn't find contact information for him on the forum.

Offline Evil

• View Profile
All you need is a semi transparent image and put it as a CO...

People can help :D

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
He She wants to know if she can edit a tileset without permission so she can make a better CO with it. Which tileset is it?

EDIT: Oops. X)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 20:48:09 by Dandelion »

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
He wants to know if he can edit a tileset without permission so he can make a better CO with it. Which tileset is it?

The Hanseatic Town one. Basically, I need a transparent window. Doesn't really change the look of the tileset one whit, so maybe it's okay to do without permission, I don't know...?

(Re: gender: "she" or, in a pinch - if you don't feel like checking my profile ;-) - "s/he" are the appropriate pronouns to refer to me.)

Edited to add: Sorry, that came out sounding as if I was PO'd, which I wasn't. Just clarifying.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 18:48:46 by Hmpf »

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
Right... I take it nobody has any contact information for him?

So... in the absence of that, what are your opinions on the matter? Should I just go ahead and make some transparent windows without permission, because it's such a minor (literally invisible!) change to the tileset, and the tileset maker is apparently not available for comment anymore? Or should I operate on the 'better be safe than sorry' principle and opt for a different design, i.e. one that does not require transparent windows, for the three or four screens in question? I know the *letter* of the 'law' is clear on this: I should not make any changes whatsoever without contacting the tileset maker. I'm just wondering if this is one of those letter vs. spirit of the 'law' (for 'law' read 'forum rules') situations, and I'd like to hear some opinions on this before I decide what to do.

(Well, actually I've already made and used the transparent tiles, because when I have an idea I'm very eager to try it, so it's more of a question of removing or not removing them for the public version of the level.)

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
Honestly, I can't imagine Rickard would be at all upset over such a modification; I'd say go ahead and do it.

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
I was looking around the old forum, and I found a post by Rickard saying that all his tilesets may be remixed freely! C)p
Quote from: Rickard Andersson on the old forum
I like when people remix my tilesets so you may consider all my tilsets to have NO RESTRICTIONS AT ALL for use.
So this should be fine.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline Hmpf

• Now with less rain.
    • View Profile
I was looking around the old forum, and I found a post by Rickard saying that all his tilesets may be remixed freely! C)p
Quote from: Rickard Andersson on the old forum
I like when people remix my tilesets so you may consider all my tilsets to have NO RESTRICTIONS AT ALL for use.
So this should be fine.

Yaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!

I'm really happy now, because I really like the screens I made with the transparent tiles. :-)