for some reason the KSmanager isn't working, and how do i make songs in ogg form

• 6 Replies
 :sad:
I have the KSManager in Knytt Stories/3rd Party Tools/KSManager and it still won't work. I am using windows vista if that makes a differance.
and another thing, how do I turn an MP3 file into a .ogg file?

Offline pumpkin

• Breton Blunt Conjurer
    • View Profile
Don't really know why KSM isn't working, but to switch an MP3 into ogg, download something like DBpoweramp, its a music converter, you'll have to download the codec for .ogg, but it's worth it.
Many a hand has scaled the grand old face of the plateau,
Some belong to strangers and some to folks you know,
Holy ghosts and talk show hosts are planted in the sand,
To beautify the foothills and shake the many hands.
-The Meat Puppets

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
KSManager doesn't work if Knytt Stories is in a folder path with too long a file name.  Try moving the Knytt Stories folder from wherever it is to the C:\ drive.
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!

Offline Mochaalatte

• View Profile
I use VLC to convert MP3s into WAVs.  It already comes with everything you need.  Just go to File>Convert/Save, select OGG, and convert.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Bluh bluh. I have this thing now.

okay, I got the KSManager to work in the C: drive, but how do I have a shortcut to it in level editor?

KSManager doesn't work if Knytt Stories is in a folder path with too long a file name.  Try moving the Knytt Stories folder from wherever it is to the C:\ drive.
Lurk more.

Offline Exp HP

• 1 in 166 children
    • View Profile
okay, I got the KSManager to work in the C: drive, but how do I have a shortcut to it in level editor?

??

As long as it's still in Knytt Stories\3rd Party Tools\KSManager, it should work in the Knytt Stories editor.

Edit: Oh, now I think I see your problem.  Did you move the whole Knytt Stories folder or just the KSManager folder?  You have to move the whole Knytt Stories folder.
So that's what Purple Pineapple was saying. XD
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 01:43:00 by Exp HP »
(secretly hoping nobody will mention the object compendium)
My stars:   :hiddenstar:(Object Compendium):hiddenstar:(By PM)
Check out my Youtube channel for some terrible Let's Plays by a socially inept nerd!