Forest

• 5 Replies

Offline Grookie

• View Profile
Forest
« on: June 08, 2010, 19:07:34 »
It is my first serious and little bigger level. I think it is easy/normal - there are a few of monsters, but everywhere is water. So, you can enjoy landscape. (Unfortunately, ther is not music)
In the level, there are zones: at the beggining, that green tileset, it is Forest Valley, next, there is the Cave, which is brown, and it is simillar to green tileset, there are Wetlands, they are red and rainy, nex to them is a Beach. At the bottom, there are Magiclands. Enjoy it! (Below are some screenshots)

http://knyttlevels.com/levels/Green%20Cookie%20-%20Forest.knytt.bin
:turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle:
Spoiler: Archievements (click to show/hide)

Offline lamarblake

• ICU
    • View Profile
Re: Forest
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 20:24:45 »
Not bad for your first level. You appear to have mastered the basics. It was definitely easy.

Didn't notice any mistakes. My biggest criticism is lack of decoration. It's called Forest. You need some forest then. Trees, plants,vines etc. Something. It's just too stark and lifeless. Makes playing a bit boring with screen after screen of the same thing. I can say the same about the other tilesets you used.

With that said, I would still like to see future work from you! Good job for first level.

Offline Grookie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 20:47:31 »
There was no idea for the strains. It is too bad, IŽll try a collaboration. But this negative sayings are very useful, if I know, I can repair. 
:turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle:
Spoiler: Archievements (click to show/hide)

Offline Kreig

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 20:59:08 »
Blandness and lack of music aside, I thought it was a pretty good first level. It had a good amount of exploration in it.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 23:14:33 »
Very nice indeed! I liked how minimal the level was, some familiar things looked refreshingly... well, refreshing  :crazy: I particularly liked the burrow in the forest, the one with the savepoint and the two critters. And there's enough variety to keep the player interested in exploring. Like others said, more detail wouldn't hurt, and most importantly, at least some music and/or ambiance other than water would be good. Definitely will be looking forward to more levels from you :)

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 22:16:19 »
I think this level made good use of cool waterfalls. There were lots of little spots with waterfalls to climb. I liked this screen the best.